• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mahmoud the Liar and the truth about Gays in Iran

Booko

Deviled Hen
I already knew there were gays in Iran. there must be, since I know many Persian refugees, and some of them are gay.

Surely not every gay person was able to get out.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I already knew there were gays in Iran. there must be, since I know many Persian refugees, and some of them are gay.

Surely not every gay person was able to get out.

You should have heard the round of laughter when he tried to claim nobody was gay in Iran. It reminded me of Baghdad Bob during the invasion of Iraq.

Booko

Deviled Hen
You should have heard the round of laughter when he tried to claim nobody was gay in Iran. It reminded me of Baghdad Bob during the invasion of Iraq.

I saw the video... it was quite popular on Olberman and Stewart and such.

Oh my! You're so right ... it was just like Baghdad Bob!

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
It appears nobody want's to address the topic... I am sure that if this were about mormons hanging someone 150 years ago, there would be no shortage of posts. :cool:

I can't guess as to the reason people do not want to discuss radical islam when it may be the leading cause of death in America in the future...

Booko

Deviled Hen
It appears nobody want's to address the topic... I am sure that if this were about mormons hanging someone 150 years ago, there would be no shortage of posts. :cool:

I addressed it. :(

I can't guess as to the reason people do not want to discuss radical islam when it may be the leading cause of death in America in the future...

I expect that heart disease and cancer will still beat that out -- by far.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I addressed it. :(

I expect that heart disease and cancer will still beat that out -- by far.

I meant relatively nobody. :foot: :sorry1:

I should be more precise with my language, sorry. Certainly I was not implying that you are nobody.

sheesh, I am a tard sometimes...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It does enforce the notion that being gay is not a choice.
It is more like built in denial to ensure survivability.
Denial is such great psychological tool to employ as one can make a death cult appear like a religion if you add enough of it.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Iran adheres to the Old Testament??? :p The Mullah's converted?

No, but some of the things in the OT extend into the Qu'ran, and those things can, like with anyone's scriptures, can be used (or abused) to justify certain actions.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
No, but some of the things in the OT extend into the Qu'ran, and those things can, like with anyone's scriptures, can be used (or abused) to justify certain actions.

I agree that it can happen and also agree that this is the case here. The Koran is being twisted to fit what the Muhllah's want to do.

greatcalgarian

How would Christianity view and treatment of homosexual compared to Iran treatment?

Historically, Christian churches have regarded homosexual sex as sinful, based on the Catholic understanding of the natural law and traditional interpretations of certain passages in the Bible. This position is today affirmed by most Christian groups, including the Catholic and Orthodox Churches, the LDS Church and most Protestant denominations, especially among Evangelicals such as the Southern Baptist Convention.
Homosexuality and Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cause of suicides according to religious liberals, therapists, etc:
On the other hand, most gays, lesbians, therapists, religious liberals and mental health professionals believe that many of the individuals who commit suicides are motivated to end their life by their self-hatred of themselves as gays and lesbians. This, in turn, is derived from the hatred of homosexuals and homosexuality which permeates society.
Considering that:
Homophobia is largely based on about 6 quotations from the Bible.
Most Christian churches have actively taught hatred of homosexuality for decades.
Conservative Christian churches are currently leading the fight to: prevent equal rights for gays and lesbians,
prohibit same-sex marriages, and
keep accurate information on sexual orientation out of the public schools.
We estimate that Christian churches are responsible for at least 40% of the homophobia in the United States.
SUICIDE AMONG GAY AND LESBIAN YOUTH

What are the differences in persecuting the homosexuals into committing suicide or publicly stoned them to death?

It appears that most Muslim countries in the middle east practice homosexual persecution or punishment including Egytpt and Saudi, American's allies there?
New U.S. Allies Enforce Homophobic Persecution
In Saudi Arabia, people charged with sodomy are routinely executed by beheading. Laws in Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen also call for the death penalty for sodomy. Iran, which has joined the effort to fight the Taliban, has executed men convicted of sodomy by stoning.

Why are we singling out Iran?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate

What is there to discuss? Your OP asked if any of us agree with the current Iranian policy. Do you expect that people will say yes?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
What is there to discuss? Your OP asked if any of us agree with the current Iranian policy. Do you expect that people will say yes?

the OP also asks:

"What is the source of the policy and why is it accepted in Iran?"

you could discuss that part if you wanted. :)

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I'll give you three guess "where" this policy comes from and the first two don't count.

I can't imagine.:p

I was hoping some who were more aquainted with Middle Eastern politics would inform me but it seems nobody wants to step forward and defend the policy or it's parent. :shrug:

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Certain American Christians and Jews would applaud Iran's stance towards gays. I'm subtly noticing some anti-Islamic sentiments... :rolleyes:

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Certain American Christians and Jews would applaud Iran's stance towards gays. I'm subtly noticing some anti-Islamic sentiments... :rolleyes:

nope. Just anti-hanging gay sentiments. :)

Do you know of any Christian or Jewish countries that execute gays? ;)