• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Magic mistakes linked to some mental illnesses?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I cast my vote for a separate new age section :)

Why? We already have a New Age DIR. Plus, this topic is technically relevant for any involved in spellcraft, even if we disagree with each other over the specifics.

I'm still wanting to see those research papers the OP was talking about. *sniffles*

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
A necessary line drawn between magic and new ageism might be a good thread, actually!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
A necessary line drawn between magic and new ageism might be a good thread, actually!

That might make an interesting topic of discussion. The issues that arise in this thread are, for me, more related to the realm of "alternative" medicine. That hasn't been a topic of conversation around here that I can recall.

jerseyguy77

theweirdtophat,

This happened to me after I was messing around with EVP for a couple of months a year ago , very long story, but yes, I began to hear voices outside of just my recordings. I heard them in various ways, alot of times it was right up to my ear it seemed and I even felt a faint breath, sometimes it was whispers, sometimes it seemed to come in over an existing sound. It was terrible for months, the voices were constant and very overwhelming. I also experience alot of physical sensations, vibration feelings and such. I was perfectly fine before I started dabbling with EVP, and in just a couple of months I got hit with this. It is very real. I have been collecting accounts as well over the last year. I'm still dealing with it today, but it's not nearly as intense as it was a year ago. I do believe it is spirit attachment. Whenever I talk about this on an online forum I am usually hit up with mental illness comments but if you want to send me a PM, I'll forward you what info I have and somemore of my story, I would also be interested to hear what you know about this phenomenon.

Brian
South Jersey

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Or, you just want to see ghosts so bad your brain is making them... :)

This is why people who dabble in the occult normally spend a great deal of time training their minds. Your powerful sub-conscious mind is capable of creating any psychological manifestation it needs to please you. What you are doing is feeding your energy into a mud pie of desire and it is growing legs... Don't want that to happen? Great... Learn a basic banishing ritual and do it repeatedly... Ignore ghosts, and evps and anything else until the unwanted manifestations are under control. Your mind is likely creating the whole thing , but that doesn't make you insane... These things will appear largely out of your control but I assure you they are not.

jerseyguy77

While I do believe my thoughts and thinking about "them" is keeping the connection open, I am certain that what I am dealing with is from an outside source, I just have to many personal experiences and electronic evidence to support this, also I've found several cases of the same exact phenomenon happening to others who were involved in spirit communication and such, sometimes it just goes bad. I know I can't convince people about what I am experiencing, but you are correct, our thoughts are a huge factor, the only way to break the connection is to stop feeding the connection with my thoughts, but it's very difficult because these malevolent spirts try and distract you every way they can

Rapha

When epileptics suffer a minor seizure 1 sense is usually expanded.

Normal sight, hearing, etc has a very limited bandwidth.

During a seizure :-
Its possible to tune into a radio frequency and hear a song playing whilst the rest of the world goes silent.
Its possible to see the paradise 'Realm' running parallel to this world as vertical rainbows strike the ground.
Its possible to see negative entities or jinn that take the form of wraiths.
Its possible to gain information from the Knowledge Base as the jinn that is hooked to their left shoulder makes them write certain words.