• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Macron Defeats Le Pen to Win Second Term

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Great news although it’s not because Macron is any good it was purely to keep Le pen out,I think we will see the yellow vests appear again unless he tackles the cost of living crisis.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It could have been a historic win for biological women, the first female president of France, unfortunate that the patriarchy still has it's clammy grasp on politics in France.

Nope. There are plenty of women in government. I believe around 49% currently. One of the highest percentages of any government.

Conpare that to the US pitiful equality of under 30%

And 25% of first round candidates for this election were women.

I found it interesting that 91% of those who voted macron did so not because he is a good president but to block le pen because she would be worse for France.

pearl

Opposing voter identification only helps those that benefit from uncertainty.

In the US it depends on the motive for voter identification. Some states that were the first to demand it simultaneously closed all DMV's in certain areas, of course those in predominately black areas.

Flankerl

Unfortunate, but not surprising.

And once again the French working class and poor lose out to globalist puppet Macron, but who cares about what the working class and poor think.

It could have been a historic win for biological women, the first female president of France, unfortunate that the patriarchy still has it's clammy grasp on politics in France.

Rien n'est meilleur que des larmes fascisto-russes pour le déjeuner.

Shaul

Premium Member
In the US it depends on the motive for voter identification. Some states that were the first to demand it simultaneously closed all DMV's in certain areas, of course those in predominately black areas.
Your evidence for this, if you please.

pearl

Alabama Closing Many DMV Offices in Majority Black Counties After Alabama put into effect a tougher voter ID law, the state shuttered 31 driver's license offices due to a budget crisis. The closures will cut off access to one of the few types of IDs accepted.

"Every single county in which blacks make up more than 75 percent of registered voters will see their driver license office closed. Every one," Archibald wrote.
Alabama Closing Many DMV Offices in Majority Black Counties (governing.com)

Flankerl

Oh, go away. Your post makes no sense, anyway.

So sad that your Fascist-Russian vassal didn't become President.

What was the exact thing that sold you on her?
Also have you ever looked into the mirror and just for a minute contemplated whether you want to support the Fascists?
I mean I am just saying, you aren't really in their plans for the future.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It's going to be hard for any politician to have any majority popularity in nations that have such broad sets of social priorities. The social push for equality and diversity seems to impact overall cooperation and bring about more Trump/Le Pen type conservatism, these populist agendas going the other way with anti-immigration and limited freedoms for marginalized groups. Then there are economic priorities, so that will draw different candidates.

It just seems like different sets of problems are being identified as priorities, and the degree to solutions are promoted varies greatly. I think at the core is the voter psychology, and by that I mean many voters responding to world and national affairs though emotion and not as objectively. This has been the basis for all the wars of the 20th century, just irrational citizen support for the wrong reasons.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
So sad that your Fascist-Russian vassal didn't become President.

What was the exact thing that sold you on her?
Also have you ever looked into the mirror and just for a minute contemplated whether you want to support the Fascists?
I mean I am just saying, you aren't really in their plans for the future.
They're not fascists. And I don't have to explain myself to you. In fact, it's laughable to see you act all self-righteous, as you have spewed hateful invective towards various people and groups on here for years. You barely seem able to make a post without some sort of insult in it. Even here, you're being rude and insulting once again. Buzz off. Actually, I don't know how you got off of my ignore list. Back on you go.

F1fan

Veteran Member
They're not fascists. And I don't have to explain myself to you. In fact, it's laughable to see you act all self-righteous, as you have spewed hateful invective towards various people and groups on here for years. You barely seem able to make a post without some sort of insult in it. Even here, you're being rude and insulting once again. Buzz off. Actually, I don't know how you got off of my ignore list. Back on you go.
I notice you refuse to answer many people who ask you to justify your position on matters. You refused to answer my questions a few days ago. My takeaway is that you aren't sure, or you are aware your reasons are not very good.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I notice you refuse to answer many people who ask you to justify your position on matters. You refused to answer my questions a few days ago. My takeaway is that you aren't sure, or you are aware your reasons are not very good.
I don't respond to demands by rude people. You're not interested in any sort of dialogue and you know it. I have wasted my time trying to have a discussion with you before, when all you did was gaslight me and be super condescending. Not subjecting myself to that, so you can go on ignore, too. Long overdue.

Flankerl

Le Pen is not a fascist.

You heard it here folks.
She just happens to be the leader of a fascist party that was founded by fascists who collaborated with Nazi Germany.

It's all a big misconception really.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope. There are plenty of women in government. I believe around 49% currently. One of the highest percentages of any government.

Conpare that to the US pitiful equality of under 30%

And 25% of first round candidates for this election were women.

I found it interesting that 91% of those who voted macron did so not because he is a good president but to block le pen because she would be worse for France.
I find that people quite often vote against he worst candidate here rather than for the best. At least for the Presidential race the primaries seem to be a race to pick out the best candidate from a field that starts rather large and gets winnowed down as we get closer to the conventions. Usually a clear winner is found before the conventions. After that it does amount to a race where one decides based upon who would be worse for the country.

Shaul

Premium Member
Alabama Closing Many DMV Offices in Majority Black Counties After Alabama put into effect a tougher voter ID law, the state shuttered 31 driver's license offices due to a budget crisis. The closures will cut off access to one of the few types of IDs accepted.

"Every single county in which blacks make up more than 75 percent of registered voters will see their driver license office closed. Every one," Archibald wrote.
Alabama Closing Many DMV Offices in Majority Black Counties (governing.com)
Talk about a red herring.

1) The closures are temporary due to a budget shortfall.
2) They will have zero impact for the vast majority of people, including Blacks, who are already registered to vote, since Alabama has required a photo identification to register to vote since 2014.
3) And, perhaps most salient, the closures won’t happen until after October 1st. Which would be after the date needed to get a driver’s license in order to vote in November.

Furthermore a potential voter can get a non-drivers license photo identification valid for voter identification in any county at it’s registrars office, for free.