• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Macron Defeats Le Pen to Win Second Term

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They can announce the winner quickly, they require voter identification.
Just drop it. This rampant voter fraud nonsense is just as real as the Easter Bunny or Freddy Kruger. But to go on about it regarding another country? You may as well profess an unwavering belief in the existence of Grendel and the Balrog and Darth Vader.

NArdas

And once again the French working class and poor lose out to globalist puppet Macron, but who cares about what the working class and poor think.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'll continue a little from my previous post. Not only are votes counted as they occur each voter must present a photo ID. So identification is made before the vote is cast.
You have to show ID in America as well. And there were no serious disputes to the election, only clowns running around who are deathly frightened of their own shadow.
But congrats on making La Pen a twice rejected stinky **** nugget.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaul

Premium Member
Just drop it. This rampant voter fraud nonsense is just as real as the Easter Bunny or Freddy Kruger. But to go on about it regarding another country? You may as well profess an unwavering belief in the existence of Grendel and the Balrog and Darth Vader.
Voter identification costs are minimal but provide increased confidence in the results. If, as you say, there isn’t rampant voter fraud it would still be of value. If you are wrong it eliminates potential voter fraud. IOW there are many good reasons to have voter identification. Opposing voter identification only helps those that benefit from uncertainty.

Shaul

Premium Member
Those that prefer Macron can take joy in the result. However they might want to temper that joy. Le Pen got over 40% of the vote. That shouldn’t be ignored. Plus this is 10% more than last time. It is also twice what her father got when he ran. In other words, the trend is not good. Plus it is an indicator that her party may do strongly in the upcoming legislative elections in June. If her party does well enough in those elections Macron’s victory may be pyrrhic. He would face a legislature difficult to deal with.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
This statement is factually incorrect. When voting by mail there is no mechanism for showing voter identification.

Not showing, but:

"Arkansas requires a copy of the voter’s ID to be returned with the absentee/mail ballot. And Georgia requires the voter’s driver’s license number or state identification card number, which is compared with the voter’s registration record. Note: Minnesota and Ohio also require this information, though Minnesota also requires a witness signature, and Ohio conducts signature verification."

Table 14: How States Verify Voted Absentee/Mail Ballots

Orbit

I'm a planet
Voter identification costs are minimal but provide increased confidence in the results. If, as you say, there isn’t rampant voter fraud it would still be of value. If you are wrong it eliminates potential voter fraud. IOW there are many good reasons to have voter identification. Opposing voter identification only helps those that benefit from uncertainty.

Voter fraud isn't a problem in the US. All voter ID does is disenfranchise the poor, who move frequently and whose addresses on their ID won't match the address on the voter roll, preventing them from voting.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Unfortunate, but not surprising.
I think a Macron victory was basically a guarantee against Le Pen! As notoriously (well known) leftist and liberal as France has been in the 19th, 20th, and 21st century, I'm amazed that Le Pen has done a fraction of as well as she has, in a country with that reputation.

In the 20th century, when far right regimes got control of Germany, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Italy, and Spain, I read that the most common country liberals and leftists from those nations fled to, was France.

And France just has a modern history, that makes me surprised someone like Le Pen, in the 21st century France, could get nearly as popular as she has become!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Voter fraud isn't a problem in the US. All voter ID does is disenfranchise the poor, who move frequently and whose addresses on their ID won't match the address on the voter roll, preventing them from voting.
That and several other factors. Many of them do not live close to places where they can renew ID and without a car it can easily take an entire day. Something that they can ill afford.

I can see that requiring someone to register use ID when they first register, but that should be good as long as they live in that state. This last election had more security and more investigations into it and almost all of the totally insignificant cheating came from Trump; supporters.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Le Pen and Hillary Clinton might want to set their differences aside and consider establishing a club for unelectable political failures. They could even give each other ideas for what or who to blame for their consecutive losses aside from themselves.