• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mac Is the Worst Computer Brand Ever!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Whenever I restart it, for one, it doesn't remember that I installed Chrome and it always asks 'This file isn't installed, would you still like to open it', I click yes and I have tried reinstalling it many times.

Second, after I open Chrome up for the first time after restarting it, my speed dials do not save. I have 63 websites on speed dial saved, but I restarted it last night and all of them were gone. I put them back, today I turned it on they were gone.

I don't care if the founder died this year, I'm not hating him, I'm hating his machine.

It seems to have became popular after his death, I feel many are being ripped off as I am for this expensive computer, luckily the school payed for it and it isn't mine forever, but this is still by far the worst computer brand out there.

I wish they had Photobucket, Pages, and a few other things on a PC, that would be a great computer. I like photobucket and pages and all that stuff, just the Mac is... just bad...

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Actually, Apple has been popular for quite some time. His death really did little for sales, as sales were already moving up quite high.

And maybe you should call or talk to customer service from Apple and report this. Because it sounds just like a small blip. I mean, if that is the only problem you're having with a computer, that really is not a big deal.

I personally like Macs. The vast majority of reviews are good, and they have always worked great for me. However, I also recognize that similarly priced PC would probably be just as reliable.

Again, maybe you should just talk to Apple's customer service.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Actually, Apple has been popular for quite some time. His death really did little for sales, as sales were already moving up quite high.

And maybe you should call or talk to customer service from Apple and report this. Because it sounds just like a small blip. I mean, if that is the only problem you're having with a computer, that really is not a big deal.

I personally like Macs. The vast majority of reviews are good, and they have always worked great for me. However, I also recognize that similarly priced PC would probably be just as reliable.

Again, maybe you should just talk to Apple's customer service.

I'll try that, thank you

gnomon

Every company is the worst ever if consumer complaints boards are to be believed.

People rarely take the time to report a pleasant experience.

edit: Myself included.

cablescavenger

Whenever I restart it, for one, it doesn't remember that I installed Chrome and it always asks 'This file isn't installed, would you still like to open it', I click yes and I have tried reinstalling it many times.

Second, after I open Chrome up for the first time after restarting it, my speed dials do not save. I have 63 websites on speed dial saved, but I restarted it last night and all of them were gone. I put them back, today I turned it on they were gone.

I don't care if the founder died this year, I'm not hating him, I'm hating his machine.

It seems to have became popular after his death, I feel many are being ripped off as I am for this expensive computer, luckily the school payed for it and it isn't mine forever, but this is still by far the worst computer brand out there.

I wish they had Photobucket, Pages, and a few other things on a PC, that would be a great computer. I like photobucket and pages and all that stuff, just the Mac is... just bad...

It is more likely to be a problem with the browser than the PC. I use firefox on my MAC and have never had any issues with it.

I took the liberty of looking for a solution, and chrom does appear to have a number of known bugs.

Here is a link showing where you can write if you want to report it, and maybe it will get fixed in the next build.

Chrome 14 crashes 4 seconds after startup (Mac OS X Lion) - Google Chrome Help

ScottySatan

Their hardware has been slipping. The white iMacs overheated constantly. The new (at the time) cheap Korean chips had to be recalled. At my work, the current silver iMacs have an operating half life of about 1 year. The record life span so far is about 1 month. The aluminum and titanium laptops are very fragile. The PowerPC always has my scratching my head, saying, "Christ, for a fast computer, this sure is pretty ******* slow".

And if something breaks, you can't fix it.

They used to have good hardware and bad software. Now they have good software and bad hardware.

The operating system is brilliant. Macs can network and work with peripherals much better than a PC. My loved ones recommend building your own computer with the hardware you actually want and putting OSX on it. I believe this is currently illegal.