• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LOTR Prequel, Prequel, sort of, um I think.

Ellen Brown

So, I hear that Amazon is going to sponsor a TV series about LOTR but way earlier, like 3000+ years before.
I wonder how that will work out?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
They must deal with the Silmarillion (which I read once) and then probably also add in the extra stories. Apparently Tolkien had lots of little stories in addition to the books, plus the Silmarillion which is a mythological prequel that talks a little about where the Middle Earth comes from, where the evil beings, good beings, elves and dwarves come from and their various political squabbles etc.

whirlingmerc

They must deal with the Silmarillion (which I read once) and then probably also add in the extra stories. Apparently Tolkien had lots of little stories in addition to the books, plus the Silmarillion which is a mythological prequel that talks a little about where the Middle Earth comes from, where the evil beings, good beings, elves and dwarves come from and their various political squabbles etc.

Yes probably the Silmarillion I think they touched on it in one of the LOTR movies

As part of creation there was one joining the great song but tried to mess it up but even that became part of a yet greater song

Ainulindalë
"...The 'battle' in the choir of the Ainur rages back and forth with the Music akin Ilúvatar described as "deep and wide and beautiful, but slow and blended with an immeasurable sorrow, from which its beauty chiefly came". Melkor’s music, on the other hand, is said to have been "loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated [...] and it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice … " (Ibid.). But, despite Melkor’s best efforts to mar and utterly overthrow the Great Music, his discordant music's "most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern" (Ibid. [Compare Book of Lost Tales – Vol. 1, "One was very great and deep and beautiful, but it was mingled with an unquenchable sorrow, while the other was now grown to unity and a system of its own, but was loud and vain and arrogant, braying triumphantly against the other as it thought to drown it, yet ever, as it essayed to clash most fearsomely, finding itself but in some manner supplementing or harmonising with its rival". also Compare The Lost Road"The other had grown now to a unity and system, yet an imperfect one, save in so far as derived still from the eldest theme of Ilúvatar...")...."

Last edited: