• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost My Religion

Gnostic Seeker

Spiritual
I feel I should announce that I've concluded there is no reason for me to believe in a personal god. I've assumed a god because of certain ideas I hold about goodness and unity, but its occurred to me there are perfectly non-supernatural explanations for why we aspire to good. I think I have to be honest and admit I have no reason for believing, but that doesn't mean I can't have a spirituality. Material Monism is a perfectly scientific ground for universal oneness. This is hard, but I feel I have to be honest. I don't know if there's a god, but I definitely don't think it'd be a personal one. I call myself a spiritual agnostic because I definitely see a unity in the material (we are stardust, etc.) and I still plan to use things like meditation for self-betterment.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Gods need not be supernatural nor personal (though to be entirely honest, I'm really not sure what either of those mean most of the time as they 404 my theology). And while the nebulous wishy-washy word "spiritual" personally drives me nuts, by no means should you take that as an indication to not use it if you feel the label suits you. :D

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
You are not alone in the universe. And sooner or later you are going to run into someone with a lot bigger hammer than yours.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
You are not alone in the universe. And sooner or later you are going to run into someone with a lot bigger hammer than yours.
I don't need a bigger hammer just a tighter..... nvm

A

angellous_evangellous

I loose my religion every time I see Gremlins and dead cats come out of my little girl's diaper.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Personally, I just don't think skepticism or atheism are much of an issue, or should ever be.

Just accept that you have them if it turns out that you do and carry on. It is actually easy.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I feel I should announce that I've concluded there is no reason for me to believe in a personal god. I've assumed a god because of certain ideas I hold about goodness and unity, but its occurred to me there are perfectly non-supernatural explanations for why we aspire to good. I think I have to be honest and admit I have no reason for believing, but that doesn't mean I can't have a spirituality. Material Monism is a perfectly scientific ground for universal oneness. This is hard, but I feel I have to be honest. I don't know if there's a god, but I definitely don't think it'd be a personal one. I call myself a spiritual agnostic because I definitely see a unity in the material (we are stardust, etc.) and I still plan to use things like meditation for self-betterment.
That's awesome Gnostic! I believe you've found the same or at least similar middle ground as myself.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

Hey, thank for sharing your concerns with us :)

As long as we don't wish to hurt others, we are fine and no one has the right to criticize our choice in religion :)

Orbit

I'm a planet

You might like the exchristian.net site