• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Loose lips sink ships.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
The drama intensifies....

Joni Ernst just said the quiet part out loud about the Senate impeachment trial - CNNPolitics

"Iowa caucuses are this next Monday evening. And I'm really interested to see how this discussion today informs and influences the Iowa caucus voters, those Democratic caucus goers. Will they be supporting VP Biden at this point?"

I guess it shouldn't be hard to speculate that this is really what it's all about.
hah, I wondered if you were going to be writing something about how Trump may get an American Navy ship sunk, by his at times swaggering, and his loose lips, someday.

I sorta think most Americans realize parents don't truly control their children's choices past a certain limit, especially not grown sons well past their 20s.

esmith

Veteran Member
hah, I wondered if you were going to be writing something about how Trump may get an American Navy ship sunk, by his at times swaggering, and his loose lips, someday.

I sorta think most Americans realize parents don't truly control their children's choices past a certain limit, especially not grown sons well past their 20s.
So, riddle me this:
Did Hunter get his positions in the Ukraine and China on his knowledge or who his daddy was?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So, riddle me this:
Did Hunter get his positions in the Ukraine and China on his knowledge or who his daddy was?
Why are the doings of a private citizen overseas so much more important to you than what POTUS is up to right now?
Why do you care so much about the possibility that Hunter was trading on family connections, but studiously ignore the possibility that Trump is selling out our national interests to his buddies in Moscow?

The Donald is a sitting POTUS. Hunter is a private citizen, and so is his dad. Why do you apply such different standards to the Bidens than you do to President Trump?

Hypocrisy, that's what I think. Raw, partisan hypocrisy.
Tom

dianaiad

Why are the doings of a private citizen overseas so much more important to you than what POTUS is up to right now?
Why do you care so much about the possibility that Hunter was trading on family connections, but studiously ignore the possibility that Trump is selling out our national interests to his buddies in Moscow?

The Donald is a sitting POTUS. Hunter is a private citizen, and so is his dad. Why do you apply such different standards to the Bidens than you do to President Trump?

Tom

How about...because at the time he got the job, Hunter's daddy was the VP? How about...the Democrats are all excited about a possible quid pro quo that MIGHT have happened with Trump (though I personally fail to see how one can coerce someone into doing something if that someone has no idea that he IS being coerced...just sayin') , but are just fine with the VP bragging about pressuring Ukraine into firing a prosecutor by using the threat of withholding aid. He BRAGGED about it...forcing Ukraine to fire a prosecutor (never mind what the prosecutor was doing or not doing; look at what BIDEN did). He said:

And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t.

So they said they had — they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to — or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said — I said, call him. I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a *****. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.

So it was just fine for Obama and Biden to use foreign aid to pressure Ukraine into doing something that was strictly internal (and to listen to them, and to you, to get them to halt corruption), but NOT Ok for Trump to ask for the aid of Ukraine to investigate corruption....only in Trump's case, there was no threat to withhold the aid, and the supposedly coerced Ukraine had no idea that the aid WAS being withheld?

Wait. Isn't it common sense that if you are threatening someone in order to get them to do something, that your victim know he's being threatened? Like, perhaps...if you want to coerce a teller into robbing his bank by threatening to kill his family if he doesn't, don't you think it would be a good idea to tell the guy his family is at risk?

Biden certainly seemed to understand the concept just fine.

........as your commentary on the thing seems to point out quite well.

You say that his remarks were 'not well-worded." I think his comments were quite accurately worded. He said precisely what he meant.

Twilight Hue

That's the sticking point with me. He's not qualified, he's not experienced for the position. But he got the position at a pay rate of $50,000 a month.

What possible use would he have? That's what the suspicious part is.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
So, what I'm seeing here is both sides of the oligarchy use such devices as nepotism, abuse of position, bribery, cheating of partners, backstabbing and other assorted 'chicanery' to reward themselves, their families, their businesses, and punish their enemies, opponents and competitors...

tytlyf

Not Religious
So, riddle me this:
Probably both. But it has nothing to do with the impeachment outside of proving Trump was instructing a foreign country to investigate Americans. Just so Trump could win an election.
Weird how Trump was quiet in 2017 & 2018 about the Biden's.

Twilight Hue

So, what I'm seeing here is both sides of the oligarchy use such devices as nepotism, abuse of position, bribery, cheating of partners, backstabbing and other assorted 'chicanery' to reward themselves, their families, their businesses, and punish their enemies, opponents and competitors...

It certainly looks that way. Bipartisan scummery.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Tom
Clearly. because you put things in perspective and still criticize Trump, you just obviously have TDS and no valid points to make. :rolleyes:
(to save you the wait and anticipating of seeing how the Trumpeters will respond)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Tom
So right! It's amazing how often people try to deflect attention away from Trump by focusing on irrelevancies like Hunter Biden. Yes, unqualified people get appointed to positions all the time -- and sometimes for questionable reasons. But so what? What's it got to do with whether Trump has done what's claimed or not? Nada!

It's the same thing as constantly saying "bring the Bidens in as witnesses!" What could they be witness to that is relevant to the articles? Nada -- again!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The drama intensifies....

Joni Ernst just said the quiet part out loud about the Senate impeachment trial - CNNPolitics

"Iowa caucuses are this next Monday evening. And I'm really interested to see how this discussion today informs and influences the Iowa caucus voters, those Democratic caucus goers. Will they be supporting VP Biden at this point?"

I guess it shouldn't be hard to speculate that this is really what it's all about.
Yup. They're attacking Biden as part of the election campaign. That was obvious to many but now it's been confirmed.

Twilight Hue

Yup. They're attacking Biden as part of the election campaign. That was obvious to many but now it's been confirmed.
Biden set himself up. You can't deny something is very fishy with all of this and people found out.

Audie

Veteran Member

American politics are such a house of mirrors.

esmith

Veteran Member

Tom
And your opinion is hereby noted.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That's the sticking point with me. He's not qualified, he's not experienced for the position. But he got the position at a pay rate of $50,000 a month.

What possible use would he have? That's what the suspicious part is.
Do you think that everybody on the board of McDonald's has experience flipping burgers?
Do you think that they eat the crap MickyDs sells?

Does this mean it's suspicious?

How much experience at political leadership did Trump have when he got the position POTUS? Any? As far as I know all he was good at was screwing over people like his investors, ex-wives, contractors and such. And lying to people in the media.

Why do Trump supporters want so desperately to change the subject from The President to some guy hired by the Ukrainians?

Don't bother answering the question if it makes you feel uncomfortable. I already know why Trump supporters find this story such welcome relief from Trump's corruption and lies.
Tom