• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for people who have some aim or purpose in these forums

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I've got an Empire to serve!
I might not have said this to you: If you’d like to do that better, and if you’d like to have some people to talk to about that, I’m volunteering to be one of them.

I’ve had a few years of experience serving an evil empire, and I have some ideas that I’ve been practicing about how to help reduce and counteract the damage that it does.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
It's rather simple....read and understand what others are saying.

When you see something that is misrepresented about your faith, explain your position and back up what you say.
I have a better idea now of what I might want to do, when I find people who are here with some aim or purpose in mind. If you’d like to be able to do any of that better, and if you’d like to have some people to talk to about that, I’m volunteering to be one of them. A lot of what I’m doing here is trying to understand what people are saying. I try to think of friendly questions to ask, and post my understanding of what they’re saying for them to correct. One challenge is that so many words mean such different things to different people. Also, sometimes people don’t understand very well themselves, what they’re trying to say. That often happens to me, not understanding very well what I’m trying to say.

sealchan

If you would like to be able to do that better, and if you think it might help to have people to talk to about that, I’m volunteering to be one of them. I’ve studied the whole Bible a lot, and thought about it a lot. If it isn’t a secret, what’s the book about?

Much appreciated...however my motivation in this area is currently flagging...but who knows when I might pick it up again. For years I focused on dream interpretation but that too has largely passed. I'm more focused currently on developing my game (a wholistic approach to playing modded Minecraft). I have not yet come to a way in which to share my thoughts and experiences online.

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Sure, but it's under control. Used to be worse. There are strategies for it. Everyone does to some degree.
I do it a lot. Maybe it would help me to have some people to talk to about how I could stop procrastinating so much. This thread is a perfect example of how I’ve been procrastinating. I’ve been trying to stop procrastinating for about two months now, and this thread is the worst ever. Actually, I didn’t really think there would be any interest in this at all. It was like one last look before leaving the hotel room, to maje sure I’m not leaving anything behind.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Much appreciated...however my motivation in this area is currently flagging...but who knows when I might pick it up again. For years I focused on dream interpretation but that too has largely passed. I'm more focused currently on developing my game (a wholistic approach to playing modded Minecraft). I have not yet come to a way in which to share my thoughts and experiences online.
I played Minecraft for a while. I gave it up mainly because my wife never got into it. I would rather use my game time for games that she’s playing.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I might have a new purpose here. I see that some people here have as one of their purposes to promote their views, and another is to correct misinformation and misunderstandings about their views. To be a better listener for those people, maybe I’ll try to promote some views of my own, and to correct misinformation and misunderstandings about them.

Also, some seem to think they have a message that all people urgently need to know about, and that they have a duty to try to tell people here about it, every day, any way they can without getting banned. I might try to do that with a message about Jesus, so I can be a better listener for those people.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I might not have said this to you: If you’d like to do that better, and if you’d like to have some people to talk to about that, I’m volunteering to be one of them.

I’ve had a few years of experience serving an evil empire, and I have some ideas that I’ve been practicing about how to help reduce and counteract the damage that it does.
I'd like to believe my Empire is also Gods kingdom, just my responsibility to serve this wounded realm through prayer, penance, purity of heart, mass attendance, and reception of holy communion.

Yes, it is an imperfect kingdom, and many of the souls are in purgatory in the process of being purified and perfected. They tug on my heart for love and intercession.

Sometimes spirits from the evil realm deceive me though. What was your experience serving an evil empire?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I'd like to believe my Empire is also Gods kingdom, just my responsibility to serve this wounded realm through prayer, penance, purity of heart, mass attendance, and reception of holy communion.

Yes, it is an imperfect kingdom, and many of the souls are in purgatory in the process of being purified and perfected. They tug on my heart for love and intercession.

Sometimes spirits from the evil realm deceive me though. What was your experience serving an evil empire?
I still am serving it. It’s the empire of global monopoly games, and I haven’t found any way to live responsibly wIthout serving it, one way or another. My answer to that is to continually try to improve my character and the way I live my life, in ways that might help reduce the damage, counteract its effects, and improve the lives of all people everywhere.

Jim

Nets of Wonder

Sometimes spirits from the evil realm deceive me though.
I see something beautiful in you. We’re all roleplaying here,
but the beauty I see
doesn’t look like to me
that it all could be
only in the forum character and not in the person behind it.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@Aupmanyav

I bow to you.

I think that the best thing that can happen to anyone, and what the world needs most of all, is for people to learn to love and follow that light, following a master teacher in a religion where they see that light, along with some other people who see it.

So, at the end of a longish post, you accept you are really a proselytizer.

I accept that people define words however they want to, for whatever purposes they want to use them for. I regret that it makes those words impossible to use for communication, but I accept it. If you mean to say that thinking that way, or saying it where I have said it in the forum, is a violation of the forum rule against proselytizing, then I respectfully disagree.

It is nothing that I have not said before, more than once. It was explicitly the topic of one of my threads.

When I say “master teacher,” I mean the kind of teacher who is a master in some discipline or practice.

Guru is a Sanskrit word, which is equivalent to ‘teacher’ in English. It also means master of any one or many subjects/arts. E.g. if somebody has mastered yoga, he would be called as Yoga-guru.

Guru

I bow to you.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I do it a lot. Maybe it would help me to have some people to talk to about how I could stop procrastinating so much. This thread is a perfect example of how I’ve been procrastinating. I’ve been trying to stop procrastinating for about two months now, and this thread is the worst ever. Actually, I didn’t really think there would be any interest in this at all. It was like one last look before leaving the hotel room, to maje sure I’m not leaving anything behind.
As much as I can, i do things as they arrive in my life. I pay bills same day I get them. If I see a small repair job in the house, i do it. Bigger projects take more planning, and I chunk them into so much per day. Like moving a truckload of topsoil is about 90 wheelbarrows full. So 5 a day for an old man like me. Every day, 5 a day, and in 3 weeks it's done.

The reason I try not to procrastinate is for clarity of mind. When you leave things they remain lingering in the mind. If you do them, they're done, and you don't have it there, and then there is less 'interference' for other important things. I don't want to be thinking about paying bills while I'm trying to meditate, or example.

Neutral Name

I’m looking for people who have some aim or purpose in posting about religious or anti-religious topics in these forums, that you might possibly be willing to discuss with me. I’m not saying that anyone should, just asking, because that would interest me.

My objective is to show that God is love. Anything that does not show that is not of God in my opinion.

Reactions: Jim

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
think that people will learn more and more to use Internet discussions to get ideas and encouragement from each other, in whatever good they’re doing and hoping to do. I also think that they will learn more and more to stop projecting religious stereotypes onto people and drawing lines of alienation between themselves and others, defined by what they think people believe and don’t believe

Jim, I'm not sure where you have been for the last 15 years or so, but I'm pretty sure those of us who have participated in internet forums have seen them come and go. We have seen what works and what does not work as far as free expression of ideas, limits and downfalls of personal insults, levels of acceptable proselytizing, tolerance of of personal sharing, empathy and understanding towards total strangers who really are in pain and learning. We know the benefits of sharing with people on line. We know the limitations of understanding another person only through writing.

So I'm not sure why you believe you have more experience than anyone else and continue to insinuate (apparently unknowingly ) that the people who have been doing this for years are in need your assistance to do what they have learned to do, or lest they be gone. It helps many people learn new things about each other and our cultures, ideas, and

Everyone is already doing the best they can. Or are in the process of learning. For you to assume you can teach everyone to do it better is arrogant and lacking in wisdom imo.

Sometimes, it's better to just listen and observe. Then you too can learn the benefits of restraint and resulting longevity on Internet forums with meaningful conversation should that be your desire.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@Katzpur Something I said to you came to mind again, and I want repeat it. If you feel hostility in what someone says to you, sometimes it can help to remember that

if there is truly hostility in it,
maybe
you are not really the target of it.

If you think of what the target of the
hostility might really be,
then you might feel some sympathy.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
My objective is to show that God is love. Anything that does not show that is not of God in my opinion.
Thank you.

I’m trying to learn to do that too. If you would like to be able to to do that better, and if you think it might help to have some people to talk to about that, I’m volunteering to be one of them.

I would be interested in your thoughts about how to show that in Internet discussions, and stories about your experiences with that.