• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for people who have some aim or purpose in these forums

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I’m looking for people who have some aim or purpose in posting about religious or anti-religious topics in these forums, that you might possibly be willing to discuss with me. I’m not saying that anyone should, just asking, because that would interest me.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I gave up Christianity due to being hurt many times by the Christian community, by wolves in sheep's clothing. I had objections to Christianity but upon taking a look deep within, I just had a lot of hurt. That hurt came before the objections. Now that I've vented it out, I want to give it, Christianity, another shot.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I’m looking for people who have some aim or purpose in posting about religious or anti-religious topics in these forums, that you might possibly be willing to discuss with me. I’m not saying that anyone should, just asking, because that would interest me.
if you would like some one on one....aim a conversation at me

any topic

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Is there something that you want to discuss particularly Jim? I am always up for a conversation, especially if its Bible based. :)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I gave up Christianity due to being hurt many times by the Christian community, by wolves in sheep's clothing. I had objections to Christianity but upon taking a look deep within, I just had a lot of hurt. That hurt came before the objections. Now that I've vented it out, I want to give it, Christianity, another shot.

That is nice to hear.....but you do understand that Christianity is a "cramped and narrow road"? (Matthew 7:13-14) Sacrifices must be made to stay on it.....otherwise the broad superhighway (the only other road) which has the most traffic, will swallow you up and lead you nowhere. Where do you want to end up? Its all about the destination not the journey.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
That is nice to hear.....but you do understand that Christianity is a "cramped and narrow road"? (Matthew 7:13-14) Sacrifices must be made to stay on it.....otherwise the broad superhighway (the only other road) which has the most traffic, will swallow you up and lead you nowhere. Where do you want to end up? Its all about the destination not the journey.

I tried to seek answers in the world, but they failed in comparison to needing Jesus.

David T

Premium Member
The only reason relates to the enviroment and our perceptions of it.
I came on here to understand why we see it as we do for particular reasons.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I tried to seek answers in the world, but they failed in comparison to needing Jesus.
I know.....:) if you let him lead you in the Way, your destination is assured. Any sacrifices we have to make to stay on the right path will never be as large as the one Jesus made for us.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
if you would like some one on one....aim a conversation at me

any topic
Thank you! :smile:

I’m not looking for just any kind of one on one. I’m looking for people who have some aim or purpose in mind, in posting in these forums.

Then again ... were you volunteering to try to understand some aim or purpose of mine?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I know.....:) if you let him lead you in the Way, your destination is assured. Any sacrifices we have to make to stay on the right path will never be as large as the one Jesus made for us.

Like for example, I wanted to get on female hormones because I didn't like myself the way it is... while the Bible doesn't say "Thou shall not change genders", I do think my problem stems from self-hatred, and some people can search answers elsewhere than Jesus/the Bible, but it becomes exhausting when one has to be their own God, so to speak.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thank you! :smile:

I’m not looking for just any kind of one on one. I’m looking for people who have some aim or purpose in mind, in posting in these forums.

Then again ... were you volunteering to try to understand some aim or purpose of mine?
been here ten years
sorting through what people believe
what they don't believe

I have no doubt.....I am an influence

David T

Premium Member
Driving the wrong way on a one way is illegal

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I thought you said that you were leaving. Have you changed your mind? Are volunteering to discuss with me what you’ve been doing, and might do, to give Christianity another shot?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Is there something that you want to discuss particularly Jim? I am always up for a conversation, especially if its Bible based. :)
Thank you. :) Do you have some aim or purpose in posting here, that you’d be willing to discuss with me, or would you be willing to put a lot of time and effort into trying to understand my aims and purposes here?