• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Logical and Scientific Arguments That Disprove God

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Honestly, I did not read your argument against God. The reason being this. You are trying to use logic and science to disprove something that is neither logical or science based. If God exists, then it would be plausible, and very probable that it does not exist within the laws of science. More so, God, by nature, is not logical. That is where you fail.

You're definitely right that God is neither logical nor science-based, and that God is illogical. But that's the problem. Humans believe in this thing that is not logical. Why then do they believe in it?

There is no evidence God doesn't exist.

Yes, there is. The whole concept just doesn't add up. When you combine that with the spectacular lack of evidence, despite many attempts at finding evidence, that means evidence that God doesn't exist.

You're definitely right that God is neither logical nor science-based, and that God is illogical. But that's the problem. Humans believe in this thing that is not logical. Why then do they believe in it?

No, you misunderstand. God is ABOVE logic and is therefore above its opposite, ILLOGIC.

Yes, there is. The whole concept just doesn't add up. When you combine that with the spectacular lack of evidence, despite many attempts at finding evidence, that means evidence that God doesn't exist.

We Theists have a vast resivior of knowledge and evidence of God, you just dont take the evidence to be real. And I will not take your evidence to be real. You rely on limited senses, the limited mind, limited intellect, to try to find God. Hahaha, and then you think you know something? How do you think you can find that which is the ultimate, with you little senses, mind, and intellect? YOU CANT. Your effort is futile. The only way to know God is if he reveals himself, but when he does you say that it is not him. Why do you do this? God has revealed himself, but you still ignore it. Why?

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
No, you misunderstand. God is ABOVE logic and is therefore above its opposite, ILLOGIC.

Nothing is above logic. That's just something that sounds cool.

We Theists have a vast resivior of knowledge and evidence of God, you just dont take the evidence to be real. And I will not take your evidence to be real. You rely on limited senses, the limited mind, limited intellect, to try to find God. Hahaha, and then you think you know something?

The only evidence you have of God is feelings that you attribute to him. That's not evidence. Everyone has these feelings, and they describe them in many different ways. Evidence points in one direction, not many.

I rely on the only tools we have to rely on. If something is beyond our senses, then it's not something we can believe in. Something that's beyond our senses is, for all intents and purposes, non-existent.

Nothing is above logic. That's just something that sounds cool.

So you think that humans are supreme with their logic? That is hilarious! God IS above logic, and its ignorant for you to say that its just something that sounds cool. You obviously are judging something you dont understand.

The only evidence you have of God is feelings that you attribute to him. That's not evidence. Everyone has these feelings, and they describe them in many different ways. Evidence points in one direction, not many.

I rely on the only tools we have to rely on. If something is beyond our senses, then it's not something we can believe in. Something that's beyond our senses is, for all intents and purposes, non-existent.

The evidence is not in feelings, its in the Scriptures, but like I said you take the only evidence there is to be false, which is the reason why you will never know God.

Senses are NOT reality!!! Just because something transends senses doesnt mean its not real. can you feel, smell, see, or taste you thoughts? Nope, so are they not real? You cant see, taste, feel, or smell your Consciousness, so does that mean your unconscious? If that is true, then your a robot. But that isnt true, I hope! Just beacuase you cant sense it with your material senses doent mean its NOT REAL. That is ignorance.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Had anyone ever noticed that theists seldom post on these kinds of threads? ;) These seem more like atheists trying to prove to themselves that there is no God. :)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
So you think that humans are supreme with their logic? That is hilarious!

Actually, I never said anything close to that, but thanks for the old "You think you're above God?" nonsense.

What I said was nothing is "above logic". Something is either logical or illogical. "Above logic" is just something that sounds cool.

God IS above logic, and its ignorant for you to say that its just something that sounds cool. You obviously are judging something you dont understand.

It's not ignorant because I do understand. I understand exactly what I'm talking about. That's why I say confidently that God is not "above logic". And whether or not you keep repeating that he is, it's still not going to magically become true.

The evidence is not in feelings, its in the Scriptures,

Ah, then it's really not evidence. A book saying something is not evidence at all.

but like I said you take the only evidence there is to be false, which is the reason why you will never know God.

Of course I take scriptures to be false. I guess I'm just rational like that.

Senses are NOT reality!!!

They are for us. If we can't sense something, that something is indistinguishable from something that's non-existent.

Just because something transends senses doesnt mean its not real.

It means it might as well be non-existent to us.

can you feel, smell, see, or taste you thoughts? Nope, so are they not real? You cant see, taste, feel, or smell your Consciousness, so does that mean your unconscious? If that is true, then your a robot. But that isnt true, I hope! Just beacuase you cant sense it with your material senses doent mean its NOT REAL. That is ignorance.

Ah, I do so love getting to refute this argument. I can sense thoughts. Can't you? "Thoughts" is the name we give to the objects in question. Thoughts are things produced by sparks in our brains that we see, hear, feel, smell or taste. If we can't do one of those things with a thought, the thought is non-existent.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Had anyone ever noticed that theists seldom post on these kinds of threads? ;) These seem more like atheists trying to prove to themselves that there is no God. :)

Actually, this particular one was in response to a challenge in another thread.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
So you think that humans are supreme with their logic? That is hilarious! God IS above logic, and its ignorant for you to say that its just something that sounds cool. You obviously are judging something you dont understand.

I kind of agree with mball on this one. And no offense, but I don't see where he stated or even implied that "humans are supreme" because of logic or for any other reason.

Logic is not an application of science or philosophy that can be side-stepped by an omnipotent being, like the speed of light or the laws of gravity. Logic is more or less a medium for understanding and communicating fixed, functional truths. The application of logic does not necessarily lock God in a box or limit God; the application of logic to an inquiry demonstrates what is ultimately truthful.

Forgive me, this is hard for me to articulate without sounding illogical myself. This is due to my own flaws and lack of communication skills.

But how about this: Can God tell a truthful lie? Can God make a circular square?

Even though he is omnipotent, I don't think God can do either of these things. These are linguistic paradoxes. They don't limit God's omnipotence; they demonstrate fixed truths which are used to pinpoint recognition, meaning, application and conveyance of ideas. Or something like that.

Tathagata

Freethinker
Honestly, I did not read your argument against God. The reason being this. You are trying to use logic and science to disprove something that is neither logical or science based. If God exists, then it would be plausible, and very probable that it does not exist within the laws of science. More so, God, by nature, is not logical. That is where you fail.

I fail? Actually, you fail because I anticipated this response and refuted it in my initial post before the list of arguments. I suggest you read it and see why you're wrong.

There is no evidence God doesn't exist. There is no evidence God does exist. It is as simple as that.

Mm, ok. Keep telling yourself that and maybe you can justify your agnosticism to yourself.

Actually, I never said anything close to that, but thanks for the old "You think you're above God?" nonsense.

What I said was nothing is "above logic". Something is either logical or illogical. "Above logic" is just something that sounds cool.

I kind of agree with mball on this one. And no offense, but I don't see where he stated or even implied that "humans are supreme" because of logic or for any other reason.

mball, because there no good evidence of anything else useing logic and resoning this must mean to you that we are the only beings useing logic and reasoning that we know of, becuase you say that God isnt above logic, you are saying God is no better than a human mind.

And I would like to appologise if I come of harsh, I really dont mean to be, I just am passionate about religion and sometimes get a little above myself. So I appologise if I in anyway came off as mean or harsh. :)

Hare Krsna.

Tathagata

Freethinker

Actually, someone requested that I post these arguments. And believe me, I don't need to remind myself he doesn't exist.

"I am not an Atheist, neither I am a Theist. God simply is not there, so there is no question of Atheism or Theism." - Osho

"I do not believe that God does not exist... I know for sure." - Osho

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
mball, because there no good evidence of anything else useing logic and resoning this must mean to you that we are the only beings useing logic and reasoning that we know of, becuase you say that God isnt above logic, you are saying God is no better than a human mind.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here. Logic is just a way of deciding what works in reality and what doesn't. That doesn't imply that God is no better than the human mind. It implies that God is either logical or illogical. If he is the way some people describe him, he is illogical.

And I would like to appologise if I come of harsh, I really dont mean to be, I just am passionate about religion and sometimes get a little above myself. So I appologise if I in anyway came off as mean or harsh. :)

Hare Krsna.

No worries. We all do it sometimes. :)

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here. Logic is just a way of deciding what works in reality and what doesn't. That doesn't imply that God is no better than the human mind. It implies that God is either logical or illogical. If he is the way some people describe him, he is illogical.

I guess I can agree with you here, in the way you view Logic. Perhaps God is above logic, but still uses it in the Physical realm?:shrug:

And I agree with your last sentence fully! Some people really do make God look like he is mean, but you cant blame that on God, but the false Representative.

No worries. We all do it sometimes. :)

Thanks.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I guess I can agree with you here, in the way you view Logic. Perhaps God is above logic, but still uses it in the Physical realm?:shrug:

And I agree with your last sentence fully! Some people really do make God look like he is mean, but you cant blame that on God, but the false Representative.

I'm not sure we're quite on the same page here. I'm not saying god does or doesn't use logic. I'm saying when you describe God, it's either logical or illogical.

Also, I don't blame anything on God, since I don't think such a thing exists. And it's not the fact that he's mean that's illogical. It's things like saying he's all-loving, and then telling how he sent a flood to kill everyone. Things like that are illogical.

I'm not sure we're quite on the same page here. I'm not saying god does or doesn't use logic. I'm saying when you describe God, it's either logical or illogical.

Also, I don't blame anything on God, since I don't think such a thing exists. And it's not the fact that he's mean that's illogical. It's things like saying he's all-loving, and then telling how he sent a flood to kill everyone. Things like that are illogical.

I see now. Thanks for clairifying all of this.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I fail? Actually, you fail because I anticipated this response and refuted it in my initial post before the list of arguments. I suggest you read it and see why you're wrong.

Mm, ok. Keep telling yourself that and maybe you can justify your agnosticism to yourself.
There's no reason for me to try to argue a point that has never been proven. You're not the first atheist who has tried to prove that God doesn't exist. Yet, there is one major flaw. If God does exist, he does not exist according to human laws.

Now, the actual definition of God you provide is so limited that at most, you could simply prove one idea of God is not true. So really, you aren't proving anything in the first place as the nature of God can not be fully known. If you even read the Bible, and compare what even those books state about God, we don't see a consensus. We see people perceiving God in very drastically different ways. More so, if we look at the three major religions that worship that God, we see very drastically different characteristics depending on those people's religious beliefs. Even just in Christianity alone, with the various denominations, we see a different perspectives of God. So you putting such a limited view on God, then your whole argument is basically useless.

Plus, your first conclusion is flawed anyway. Being transcendental does not mean you can not exist anywhere in space. And again, you are placing human limitations on an all-powerful being.

You're placing characteristics on God that there are no reason to assume he has. Especially when considering that if God exists, he would be an all-powerful being, meaning not limited to human nature.
Plus, when does God have to be human or a person? That isn't logical at all.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
God is ABOVE logic
I've gone over why this is a nonsensical position before. Logic is the thing that defines "true." If something is above logic, no meaningful statement may be made about it, including whether or not it is within logic. Please come back with an argument that is not self-contradictory.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
In order to understand a theist, you have to get into a theist's mind. First, although I admire logic, (I am a Trekkie, and my favorite character is Mr. Spock). But I don't use logic when dealing with my ideas of God. God, in my view, is beyond logic- someone else said this and was laughed, but that is the way it is.

jonman122

In order to understand a theist, you have to get into a theist's mind. First, although I admire logic, (I am a Trekkie, and my favorite character is Mr. Spock). But I don't use logic when dealing with my ideas of God. God, in my view, is beyond logic- someone else said this and was laughed, but that is the way it is.

how do you know that is the way it is? that is a logical assumption, and if god is beyond logic then you can't assert that.