• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Logic Vs Foolishness

What is your sources of debating/discussion?

• Total voters

Yusef

Hi to all open minded and non-fool people, Theists or Atheists.

I have to provide a source for the poll I created.
Here you are:
لَمّا سئلَ عنِ الأحمَقِ ـ: المُعجَبُ برأيهِ ونَفْسِهِ، الّذي يَری الفَضلَ كُلَّهُ لَه لا علَيهِ، ويُوجِبُ الحقَّ كُلَّهُ لنَفْسِهِ ولا يُوجِبُ علَيها حقّا، فذاكَ الأحمَقُ الّذي لا حِيلةَ في مُداواتِه.

Shi'a-Hadith
"Once the disciples asked prophet Jesus[pbuh]: o' Ruhollah[spirit of Allah] we know you have made health for the blinded, crazy, jinny, etc.. And you are able to resurrect the dead.
well, is there any illness that you haven't been able to make health!?
- Answered Yea!
- Whattt then!!!??
- The Fool!
- Who a fool is!??
- any arrogant self centered person who imagines there isn't any truth but himself and everywhere he gives the right to nobody but himself!
It's the fool[close minded] that nobody is able to make health but himself!"

Well,
followers of any doctrine are not fool
But those who are followers of their own minds!
Even we can't call the Satanists the fool!
Because they are following of an appointed doctrine!
And we can call a spiritual man, the fool! Because he thinks there isn't any other truth than himself!
Means we can call some scientists 'the fools'
and call some crazies 'the sage'
Because they don't have any source for their own opinions
But they have!
Such as Stephen Hawking that didn't had any knowledge or experience about the Religion and rejected and said his own opinion about God!

Source:
Shi'a-Hadith
Inside of the Paradise there are full of fools... and they are on the lowest ranking of the Paradise..

Well,
Before this century, there wasn't any Digital system and there was just Analog.
In the system of Analog, you are free to choose/select any form you will!
But in the Digital you have to select the only 1 or 0 [Yes/No]
And follows Charting/Algorithm

While you are debating with a fool person, in the first levels he says a thing then in the several next levels he denies/rejects the same thing! And takes you to the beginning and makes a circular path that has not any End!

But a Logical person, you ask him a thing, then up to the last level, he is on the same thing[doesn't change]

For the same reason we in the Electronic, say that Logic gates!

Those who vote the Scientists, we claim that the Messengers of God are so many higher degrees than these scientists of today!

Those who vote the foolishness, well, come out from foolishness and migrate to an other choice! From now! And God Forgives your ignorance

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems like there are more religious fools than scientific ones based on that criterion.

Hawking had enough experience with religion to know he didn't need it.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Here you are:
لَمّا سئلَ عنِ الأحمَقِ ـ: المُعجَبُ برأيهِ ونَفْسِهِ، الّذي يَری الفَضلَ كُلَّهُ لَه لا علَيهِ، ويُوجِبُ الحقَّ كُلَّهُ لنَفْسِهِ ولا يُوجِبُ علَيها حقّا، فذاكَ الأحمَقُ الّذي لا حِيلةَ في مُداواتِه.

Shi'a-Hadith
"Once the disciples asked prophet Jesus[pbuh]: o' Ruhollah[spirit of Allah] we know you have made health for the blinded, crazy, jinny, etc.. And you are able to resurrect the dead.
- Answered Yea!
- Whattt then!!!??
- The Fool!
- Who a fool is!??
- any arrogant self centered person who imagines there isn't any truth but himself and everywhere he gives the right to nobody but himself!

Well,
And we can call a spiritual man, the fool! Because he thinks there isn't any other truth than himself!
But they have!
Such as Stephen Hawking that didn't had any knowledge or experience about the Religion and rejected and said his own opinion about God!

Source:
Shi'a-Hadith
Inside of the Paradise there are full of fools... and they are on the lowest ranking of the Paradise..

Well,

While you are debating with a fool person, in the first levels he says a thing then in the several next levels he denies/rejects the same thing! And takes you to the beginning and makes a circular path that has not any End!

But a Logical person, you ask him a thing, then up to the last level, he is on the same thing[doesn't change]

Those who vote the Scientists, we claim that the Messengers of God are so many higher degrees than these scientists of today!

Those who vote the foolishness, well, come out from foolishness and migrate to an other choice! From now! And God Forgives your ignorance

Just a fool here. It all works out beautifully for me.

RWS_Tarot_00_Fool.jpg

Sun at my back, beautiful flower in my hand. Happy canine companion at my heels. Next meal in my pack. Spiffy dress and hat, ready to step off the cliff into the next grand adventure without hesitation.

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is such a copout answer but it depends.
Specifically, depends on the nature of the thing being discussed or debated. Some questions will have more to do with things where personal experience are more relevant, some with science being more relevant, some with religions belief being more relevant, and sometimes we must know enough about ourselves and our connection with all three subjects to be comfortable admitting our ignorance. There's room for all four.

Yusef

This is such a copout answer but it depends.
Specifically, depends on the nature of the thing being discussed or debated. Some questions will have more to do with things where personal experience are more relevant, some with science being more relevant, some with religions belief being more relevant, and sometimes we must know enough about ourselves and our connection with all three subjects to be comfortable admitting our ignorance. There's room for all four.
Bravo,
But it's for those who are seekers and researchers!
Not for those who say their own opinions certainly!
Look at this post that the member has replied just rejecting without any reasoning:
Black Flags of Khurasan is actually Black Fighter Jets of Pakistan? Hadith
And if in answering I reply him Nope, it's not fabricated
Then he says Yes it's fabricated!
Without any reasoning the debate will be endless

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
To be wise is in part to admit that even that has a limit and in a sense we are all fools in front of God. Some of us know the limits of knowledge, faith and what not. Others do it differently.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

I use all of those sources, I've studied a few religions, I love science and have plenty of college science course's under my belt and experience is the best teacher in my book.

I don't strictly use logic but I don't consider myself a fool.

QuestioningMind

Here you are:

Shi'a-Hadith
- Answered Yea!
- Whattt then!!!??
- The Fool!
- Who a fool is!??

Well,
But they have!

Source:
Shi'a-Hadith

Well,

You can claim anything you want about god and messengers of god, but until you come up with some verifiable evidence that your god being even exists, it would be absolute foolishness to accept that anyone has ever received a message from this unconfirmed being. Thus far the scientific method has done more to help us understand how the universe works that any other method we've ever tried. Until you come up with an alternative means of ascertaining the truth, I'll stick with the method that's shown it consistently works.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I voted "nothing but a fool". I aspire to be such as fool as is illustrated by the Mullah Nasruddin Sufi stories such as this one:

One day Mullah Nasruddin lost his ring down in the basement of his house, where it was very dark. There being no chance of his finding it in that darkness, he went out on the street and started looking for it there. Somebody passing by stopped and enquire:

- What are you looking for, Mullah Nasruddin ? Have you lost something?

- Yes, I've lost my ring down in the basement.

- But Mullah Nasruddin , why don't you look for it down in the basement where you have lost it? asked the man in surprise.

- Don't be silly, man! How do you expect me to find anything in that darkness!

The wise fool is a classic teaching story style where one of the attained enacts the states of ordinary humanity.

Piculet

And if in answering I reply him Nope, it's not fabricated
Then he says Yes it's fabricated!
Without any reasoning the debate will be endless
With hadith it must be proven it is authentic. Not the other way around.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't understand what you mean by "source of debate/discussion. I debate or discuss things that are of interest to me, and in this case you are the source.

What you might look into is the methodology of debate/discussion.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
My view of logic and debate is of course eventually defined by my perspective of reality, but when push comes to shove, science is the foundation when the nature of our physical existence is in question. This is where ancient world view fail to make the grade, because the reflect an ancient tribal perspective of reality.

As far as religious and philosophical perspective of ancient religions, such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam, fail to have a defendable position in the argument for consideration of a universal perspective beyond the exclusive tribal position of their beliefs of one culture. Quoting ancient scripture does little or nothing to support a coherent argument.

My experience and belief? Actually is arguing the bottom line my experience and belief must take a back seat for the consideration of a universal perspective. I am skeptical of all beliefs, including my own when it comes to the evolving knowledge of science concerning the nature of our physical existence which is an objective bottom line..

The position of we are all fools is a foolish position with a high fog index, because no body considers their own world view foolish.

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
That’s not true.
I identify as spiritual not religious and I believe there are many truths.

You have simply provided a nonsensical polemic without any evidence.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Here you are:

Shi'a-Hadith
- Answered Yea!
- Whattt then!!!??
- The Fool!
- Who a fool is!??

Well,
But they have!

Source:
Shi'a-Hadith

Well,

Could you not have added evidence or reliable information as options, since many of us tend to use these when trying to discuss or debate? Expect some of us to accept religions for such?

Yusef

You can claim anything you want about god and messengers of god, but until you come up with some verifiable evidence that your god being even exists, it would be absolute foolishness to accept that anyone has ever received a message from this unconfirmed being. Thus far the scientific method has done more to help us understand how the universe works that any other method we've ever tried. Until you come up with an alternative means of ascertaining the truth, I'll stick with the method that's shown it consistently works.
Who determines that What should the scientific method be!??
Look at Universe Vs Multiverse!

Yusef

My view of logic and debate is of course eventually defined by my perspective of reality, but when push comes to shove, science is the foundation when the nature of our physical existence is in question. This is where ancient world view fail to make the grade, because the reflect an ancient tribal perspective of reality.

As far as religious and philosophical perspective of ancient religions, such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam, fail to have a defendable position in the argument for consideration of a universal perspective beyond the exclusive tribal position of their beliefs of one culture. Quoting ancient scripture does little or nothing to support a coherent argument.

My experience and belief? Actually is arguing the bottom line my experience and belief must take a back seat for the consideration of a universal perspective. I am skeptical of all beliefs, including my own when it comes to the evolving knowledge of science concerning the nature of our physical existence which is an objective bottom line..

The position of we are all fools is a foolish position with a high fog index, because no body considers their own world view foolish.
The Science[only the science of 21th century!] tells us:
The Sky is blue, bcz of existence of Argon gas within the atmosphere!
The Experience[only up to this 34years age i have had!] tells me that Milk-Mango is very useful!
And The Foolishness[of up to this age] tells me I should say to others everything i know!

Well,
But The Religion commands against all three!!
Is god material?

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The Science[only the science of 21th century!] tells us:
The Sky is blue, bcz of existence of Argon gas within the atmosphere!
The Experience[only up to this 34years age i have had!] tells me that Milk-Mango is very useful!
And The Foolishness[of up to this age] tells me I should say to others everything i know!

Well,
But The Religion commands against all three!!
Is god material?

It is science only concerning the physical nature of our reality. Science does not deal with the subjective philosophical/theological beliefs and views beyond our physiical existence. I do not believe individual ancient tribal belief systems can stand alone unless you consider them in terms of the universal evolution of the spiritual nature of our existence.

Last edited:

QuestioningMind

Who determines that What should the scientific method be!??
Look at Universe Vs Multiverse!

There's only one scientific method. Thus far the scientific method has validated the hypothesis that we live in a universe. Currently we do not have sufficient evidence to validate the hypothesis of a multiverse, but I'm fairly confident that eventually we will. After all, it's obvious that nature doesn't create just one of anything.