• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liz Truss is our new PM

RestlessSoul

May God have mercy on us all. It’s like a Russian doll of crap Tory leaders, each more clueless and morally bankrupt than the last.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
A cross between Thatcher and Johnson who is purported to have said:

"I want people to buy British because it's the tastiest food and the most exciting food."
What could possibly go wrong with such an insightful leader at the helm?

RestlessSoul

A cross between Thatcher and Johnson who is purported to have said:

"I want people to buy British because it's the tastiest food and the most exciting food."
What could possibly go wrong with such an insightful leader at the helm?

A woman so dense, light curves round her. We’re ****ed. Proper ****ed.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
At least Britain has female PMs.
Which is something you take for granted.
I hear they won't let a female politician become Prime Minister because of the sexist culture we have.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'm sure she has at least one good bone in her body - like in her ear - and that is what we will be getting from her - a lot of earache. :oops:

First impressions (and second, etc.) often count, and she comes across as much like the rest. Thatcher Mk 2? Oh, how wonderful. :(

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Nope, the conservative party votes for it's leader. Almost as democratic as the American system of electoral college
I think we need to caveat this by saying that this only happens when a PM stands down halfway through his term and the party in power still has their mandate to rule, as far as the law sees it. They elect a new leader from the same party.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think we need to caveat this by saying that this only happens when a PM stands down halfway through his term and the party in power still has their mandate to rule, as far as the law sees it. They elect a new leader from the same party.

It boils down to the electorate cannot vote for pm, that's always down to the particular party

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
UK citizens still have right of residency in Ireland, and vice versa. So there's a way out.

Ah ha, an escape route. That's something, perhaps it won't become overcrowded,;-)

Actually you can come to mainland Europe too but the automatic right of residency for EU citizens has been withdrawn for UK citizens. Yes you can gain residency rights but it means jumping through hoops backwards.

I know of a few people who, delusioned with the failure of the stand alone UK, have navigated the bureaucracy.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
At least Britain has female PMs.
Which is something you take for granted.
I hear they won't let a female politician become Prime Minister because of the sexist culture we have.

I thought we in the USA had the market cornered for sexism given how women are judged/attacked more than men in politics.

RestlessSoul

Ah ha, an escape route. That's something, perhaps it won't become overcrowded,;-)

Actually you can come to mainland Europe too but the automatic right of residency for EU citizens has been withdrawn for UK citizens. Yes you can gain residency rights but it means jumping through hoops backwards.

I know of a few people who, delusioned with the failure of the stand alone UK, have navigated the bureaucracy.

I’ll probably die in London and have my son scatter my ashes off Waterloo Bridge, but on the other hand my partner is from Normandy, so who knows?