• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little Motet for Tomorrow

exchemist

Veteran Member
Our church choir, (including me, just for the Christmas season) will be singing this, Arcadelt's Ave Maria tomorrow at communion:

Arcadelt was Flemish/French and lived in the c.16th, the era of renaissance polyphony, though this simple little piece is really homophonic rather than polyphonic. But it's rather nice and not too taxing for a local church choir.

@Vouthon, @Rival , this is one of the ones I was talking about.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Our church choir, (including me, just for the Christmas season) will be singing this, Arcadelt's Ave Maria tomorrow at communion:

Arcadelt was Flemish/French and lived in the c.16th, the era of renaissance polyphony, though this simple little piece is really homophonic rather than polyphonic. But it's rather nice and not too taxing for a local church choir.

@Vouthon, @Rival , this is one of the ones I was talking about.

Nice. I hear that tune every day at noon (ten minutes from now for this time zone) on the automated church bells just down the hill. It's not quite the same as what you're doing, but I do like hearing it.