• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

listen to the QURAN

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Assalamu alaikum brother

I just want to say that even if the non-Muslims here said that they weren't touched by listening to the recitation of the holy Qur'an, it wouldn't give the story of that Muslim less credibility. It is not a proof that his story is not true!

Welcome to RF :)

I, personally, love the sound of Vedic recitation, but I think my girlfriend finds it boring.

It's all opinion. :yes:

elisheba

Maybe he thought that by listening to a sincere person reading a poetic Arabic version of the Bible ( which the Quran is ) in a semitic language would soften the rudeness at least in the subconscious if not the conscious.

???

Do you think that you can graduate us to hinduism first, and then bait and switch us to islam?

Seriously, how many of these ridiculous videos are you going to post? What did you expect was going to happen? That a youtube video would make us drop to our knees and beg for forgiveness?

We are atheists. That's a load of ungulate scat to us. Accept it.

Man just give your self a break no one forced you to watch it, this video was a response to this guy's question so you don't have to get all mad about some videos i posted

Assalamu alaikum brother

I just want to say that even if the non-Muslims here said that they weren't touched by listening to the recitation of the holy Qur'an, it wouldn't give the story of that Muslim less credibility. It is not a proof that his story is not true!

Welcome to RF :)

THANK YOU that made me feel a lot better:)

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
It's all opinion. :yes:

Perhaps, but I think it would be more accurate to say that it's all about the listener's heart, not everyone would be emotionaly moved by listening to the Qur'an. There are Arabs (Muslims and non- Muslims) who understand Arabic very well, but they aren't touched by the Qur'an, because they don't purify their hearts from its diseases. In the same time there are non-Arabs, and non-Muslims who are touched by Qur'an because their hearts are pure.

Kerr

Perhaps, but I think it would be more accurate to say that it's all about the listener's heart, not everyone would be emotionaly moved by listening to the Qur'an. There are Arabs (Muslims and non- Muslims) who understand Arabic very well, but they aren't touched by the Qur'an, because they don't purify their hearts from its diseases. In the same time there are non-Arabs, and non-Muslims who are touched by Qur'an because their hearts are pure.

And there are people who are not "pure" who get touched by it and "pure" people who are not. People exist in all forms, after all... and it also depends on what you mean by "pure". Personally, I am sure the Quran has qualities. Have never read it, not that interested in the topic to be honest.

Last edited:

Forkie

Sir, to you.
I'm not sure what I was listening to. What was it we were supposed to listen out for? Did you intend for us to understand the language, or that sound of his voice alone would instantly convert us?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'm not sure what I was listening to. What was it we were supposed to listen out for? Did you intend for us to understand the language, or that sound of his voice alone would instantly convert us?
In theory, you would be listening to God's message to man, in God's preferred language. The point being, that if you are not moved by it, that shows that there is something wrong with you, as any "right thinking" person should be stunned by the inherent beauty.

Forkie

Sir, to you.
In theory, you would be listening to God's message to man, in God's preferred language. The point being, that if you are not moved by it, that shows that there is something wrong with you, as any "right thinking" person should be stunned by the inherent beauty.

Well, that's that, then.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, that's that, then.
Indeed. The point is that if one is not moved it is because of the alleged impurities in ones heart. People who are not given to intellectual dishonesty ought to be able to discern how incredibly vacuous such thinking is of course.

Last edited:

Sahar

But the point, Sajdah, is thinking about what we listen. I believe comprehending what the Qur'an says and then being touched by it should be much more wonderful than being touched by the melody of the recitation without understanding of what is being recited.
"Do they not then earnestly seek to understand the Qur'an, or are their hearts locked up by them?" Qur'an
The Qur'an said "understand" not listening without understanding.

Of course, I don't deny that listening to the Qur'an recitation has its sweetness and beauty and that it catches the hearts but the beautiful recitation aims to enhance the heart's attention, reception and reflection on the recited Qur'an.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

What does being "pure" (which I define as childlike and innocent; i.e., Goku :yes:) have to do with anything?

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
But the point, Sajdah, is thinking about what we listen. I believe comprehending what the Qur'an says and then being touched by it should be much more wonderful than being touched by the melody of the recitation without understanding of what is being recited.
"Do they not then earnestly seek to understand the Qur'an, or are their hearts locked up by them?" Qur'an
The Qur'an said "understand" not listening without understanding.
We don't disagree, of course comprehension is the most important factor in feeling the beauty of the Qur'an.

Of course, I don't deny that listening to the Qur'an recitation has its sweetness and beauty and that it catches the hearts but the beautiful recitation aims to enhance the heart's attention, reception and reflection on the recited Qur'an.
So you agree that even without the understanding factor people would be touched by it?

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Personally, I am sure the Quran has qualities. Have never read it, not that interested in the topic to be honest.

If you are not interested in reading the Qur'an, may I know why are you participating in a thread about it?

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
I guess this is not the Islamic DIR.:)

LOL, I didn't know that non-Muslims should read the Qur'an before posting questions in the Islam DIR!

I'm saying if people really don't know what the Qur'an is all about, why are they giving us their opinions on something they don't know, and are not willing to know?!!!!!!

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
I'm saying if people really don't know what the Qur'an is all about, why are they giving us their opinions on something they don't know, and are not willing to know?!!!!!!

Hehe...You told that those dont like to hear the Quran recitation ,are not "pure minded"..I think this was generalisation(Because We do not for sure that the person is evil minded) for which Friend Kerr responded.Also,that recitation does not even contain translation.

BTW..Did you watch the video which I posted?...:D

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
Hehe...You told that those dont like to hear the Quran recitation ,are not "pure minded"..I think this was generalisation(Because We do not for sure that the person is evil minded) for which Friend Kerr responded.Also,that recitation does not even contain translation.

No, not all people who are not touched without understanding are evil, I didn't say that..And I agree with Kerr that not all people are the same....There are some who would be closer to the truth by listening to one verse, and there are some who need more evidences, and more investigations in their journey to the truth!

BTW..Did you watch the video which I posted?...:D

No, I didn't!

Kerr

If you are not interested in reading the Qur'an, may I know why are you participating in a thread about it?
My interest in religion lay on a philosophical level, just as I can find other cultures interesting. The reason I participate is mostly that reason and because I happen to like to discuss things.

Last edited: