• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

like the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses but the denial of blood I think is so strange

Dogknox20

Jehovas witnesses do not believe Jesus is God. They are correct about that doctrine. Many christian sects do believe in the trinity. The trinity is a wrong doctrine in my opinion
JW's are NOT Christian they reject Jesus is God! Christians have ALWAYS taught; Jesus is God!

Meandflower You saying "Jesus is NOT God" means you are NOT blessed! The JW's are NOT blessed!

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

Meandflower Jesus does NOT correct Thomas telling him he is not God.. NO! Fact is; Jesus even steps it up a notch by telling Thomas that Future Christians are blessed!
Meandflower again I point out; Christians have ALWAYS taught "Jesus is God"! Thomas is an Apostle he is a Christian.. “My Lord and my God!”
Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed. Jesus is God!

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
JW's are NOT Christian they reject Jesus is God! Christians have ALWAYS taught; Jesus is God!

Meandflower You saying "Jesus is NOT God" means you are NOT blessed! The JW's are NOT blessed!

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

Meandflower Jesus does NOT correct Thomas telling him he is not God.. NO! Fact is; Jesus even steps it up a notch by telling Thomas that Future Christians are blessed!
Meandflower again I point out; Christians have ALWAYS taught "Jesus is God"! Thomas is an Apostle he is a Christian.. “My Lord and my God!”
Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed. Jesus is God!
Can you explain the trinity to me?

RestlessSoul

I'm afraid I'm not understanding the point of the exercise.

It would be like me saying that I think Catholicism is the most correct religion if they thought God was without qualities or attributes and did not intervene in worldly affairs, and was based on the teachings of the Upanishads rather than those of the Bible.

I haven’t come across anything in the Upanishads which is not compatible with the Gospels, though of course I could be missing something.

I’d be interested to hear Pope Francis’ view, but I don’t suppose he’s a regular contributor to this forum. Perhaps he is though?

Dogknox20

Can you explain the trinity to me?
The Antichrist is against Jesus! Satan would never ever want people to worship Jesus; he wants people to worship himself! The Scriptures tell us Christians worship Jesus!
Meandflower Worship is ONLY for God!
Christians have always worshiped Jesus! Thomas is a Christian, he worships Jesus.. "My Lord & my God"! Thomas is an Apostle, he is Christian a: "Christ-Follower"! If you reject Jesus as God you are NOT Christian you are thus a Child of the Antichrist!

Trinity
Scriptures tell us.. "God is LOVE"!
Meandflower God is perfect! A perfect God LOVES PERFECTLY! No one can love self, self love is selfish it is self-centered, egotistical, self-seeking etc To love is: To give of your self for another!
God cannot love himself and still be PERFECT LOVE! AGAIN...

Meandflower
again to love is to let go of self, it is to GIVE of yourself to another! For God to be perfect he needs another to love.. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. DO YOU SEE IT...

Meandflower
do you see it? There is TWO, TWO, TWO in the beginning not just one! (God is outside of time but for us to understand it I use time) From the very split second there was God there had to be two (2) two to make PERFECT LOVE!
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. THINK...

Meandflower think.. Perfect love creates... Example; the love of husband and wife create new life! PERFECT Love is NOT sterile! The PERFECT Love of God creates; so for God to be perfect there has to be THREE; three is the result of PERFECT LOVE!! From the very split second there was a PERFECT God there had to be three (3) to make PERFECT LOVE! The Father and the Son and coming from this perfect love springs the "Holy Spirit"!

One God but three persons! God is one (1) God is PERFECT!
John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
Meandflower the JW's believe in many gods.... They added the letter "A" in John 1:1 and they also made the word God with a small letter "g"! In there bible it reads... .... and the Word was "A" god.
Christians have always taught; One God NOT MANY! The JW is NOT Christian they are the children of the Antichrist RUN from them: They sacrifice their children in God' name! They reject the Christian symbol of "the Cross" a symbol of Perfect Love!

tigger2

DK wrote: "Christians have always worshiped Jesus! Thomas is a Christian, he worships Jesus.. 'My Lord & my God'! Thomas is an Apostle, he is Christian a: 'Christ-Follower'! If you reject Jesus as God you are NOT Christian you are thus a Child of the Antichrist!"

Examining the Trinity: MYGOD

Dogknox20

DK wrote: "Christians have always worshiped Jesus! Thomas is a Christian, he worships Jesus.. 'My Lord & my God'! Thomas is an Apostle, he is Christian a: 'Christ-Follower'! If you reject Jesus as God you are NOT Christian you are thus a Child of the Antichrist!"

Examining the Trinity: MYGOD
Christians have ALWAYS worshiped Jesus! Worship is ONLY for God!
10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ Jesus knows beyond all doubt.. ONLY God is worshipped! NO ONE....

tigger2 no one can say "Jesus did not know worship is ONLY for God"! If Jesus allows anyone to worship him he would be committing a grave sin if he did not stop them or correct the error! Jesus cannot sin or make error; Jesus never stops the worship of himself!!
Matthew starts with worship of Jesus and ends with the worship of Jesus.. From his birth to his resurrection they worship Jesus!

Matthew 2:2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

Matthew 14:33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.

Matthew 28:9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.

Matthew 28:17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. NEVER...
tigger2
never do you read Jesus correcting them NEVER! Never do you read Jesus saying "don't worship me; Worship is ONLY for God!" FACT IS....

tigger2
fact is scriptures tell you that you are NOT blessed! Those who believe Jesus is God are blessed... The JW's are NOT blessed!
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed
.”

All Christians believe Jesus is God, always have just as Thomas believed! Thomas is an Apostle; he is a Christian, he believes Jesus is his God! The JW's sacrifice their Children in the name of God they are NOT Christian! The Antichrist is NOT Christian he also rejects Jesus is God!

joelr

Jehovas witnesses do not believe Jesus is God. They are correct about that doctrine. Many christian sects do believe in the trinity. The trinity is a wrong doctrine in my opinion
Well the trinity is a common concept in religions and Christianity borrowed most of their myths so it makes sense they would use that.
If one is going to believe the religion why not believe John where he says Jesus is God?

Clara Tea

I like the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses but the refute of blood I think is so strange. The Jehovas witnesses is correct about Jesus. But the Blood refute troubles me very much..
People can die if Blood transfusion is refuted. It is not morally right to refute blood to children if they can survive with blood transfusion..

If Blood transfusion was ok according to Jehovas witnesses then the Jehovas witnesses had been the closest to God. The most correct Christian sect..

Any thoughts?
Death means rejoining God in heaven.

Many religions (perhaps JW among them) believe that living a natural life is what God intended, and God didn't intend for humans to play God and keep people alive longer than He (God) intended.

Personally, I think that some people and some religions support life too hard. If someone is dying of cancer, and they only have months to live, they should be allowed to die if they want to (that is, suicide).

Most people feel that letting a child die is "child endangerment" and they believe that children should be taken from their parents.

Clara Tea

Christians have ALWAYS worshiped Jesus! Worship is ONLY for God!
10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ Jesus knows beyond all doubt.. ONLY God is worshipped! NO ONE....

tigger2 no one can say "Jesus did not know worship is ONLY for God"! If Jesus allows anyone to worship him he would be committing a grave sin if he did not stop them or correct the error! Jesus cannot sin or make error; Jesus never stops the worship of himself!!
Matthew starts with worship of Jesus and ends with the worship of Jesus.. From his birth to his resurrection they worship Jesus!

Matthew 2:2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

Matthew 14:33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.

Matthew 28:9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.

Matthew 28:17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. NEVER...
tigger2
never do you read Jesus correcting them NEVER! Never do you read Jesus saying "don't worship me; Worship is ONLY for God!" FACT IS....

tigger2
fact is scriptures tell you that you are NOT blessed! Those who believe Jesus is God are blessed... The JW's are NOT blessed!
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed
.”

All Christians believe Jesus is God, always have just as Thomas believed! Thomas is an Apostle; he is a Christian, he believes Jesus is his God! The JW's sacrifice their Children in the name of God they are NOT Christian! The Antichrist is NOT Christian he also rejects Jesus is God!

Then God should do the right thing and bless the Jehovah's Witnesses (otherwise, good people will go to hell for eternal torture). Surely a good God would not torture the innocent and good.

Clara Tea

"Most correct" is quite subjective and based purely an individual's perspective.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe it is against God's will to receive a transfusion, even if it's their own blood. This is a core belief. How can you state something is "most correct" when you reject a core tenet?
Maybe the core tenet was wrong?

Dogknox20

Then God should do the right thing and bless the Jehovah's Witnesses (otherwise, good people will go to hell for eternal torture). Surely a good God would not torture the innocent and good.

Clara Tea you are mixed up!
God is love; all who love have God inside of them! God would never ever put love into hell! God would never put himself into hell!

Satan hates; he can not love! Satan hates you, he hates all men! All of Satan's children go to him! God does NOT decide who goes where it is us each individual person who pick their destination! Look...
1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.
QUESTION: Does God sin?! Who commits' the sin that kills? Each person decides; there is NO hate in heaven only those who love enter!

The JW's are NOT Christian they are the children of the Antichrist! The Antichrist lies... The Watch Tower says.. There in only one God, Jesus is NOT God! THEN....

Clara Tea
then they add the letter "A" to John 1 so it reads "he was 'a' god"! They are hypocrites changing their scriptures to mean "Many gods"! Christians teach there is only one God.. Jesus is God!
John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

The Christian uses the "Cross" as their symbol! You see a cross you know it is Christian! Satan hates the cross it was by the cross he was defeated! Satan would never ever put a cross on any of his churches! The Cross is a symbol of LOVE! He has added the Torture Stake to his scriptures removing the symbol of love from his children!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why amish? I am just curious
Not only are they scriptural literalists, but a great deal of their day to day life centers around their faith. They refuse to use violence; they do not associate with non-believers unless it's only for business, and they are very disciplined with their children within the faith. I have studied them in northern Indiana and talked with some even though they do try and keep their "distance", if you know what I mean. They are truly a remarkable people, let me tell ya.

However, there are down sides as well.

Dogknox20

Well the trinity is a common concept in religions and Christianity borrowed most of their myths so it makes sense they would use that.
If one is going to believe the religion why not believe John where he says Jesus is God?

Dogknox20

How often is it the only option?
Could it be reasons for their choice that is not visible to others?

Does God say all children will survive the first year's of their life no matter what?
Maybe God has a different plan for children who die in an early age?

We can't know what God thinking
Luke 11:11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

Conscious thoughts God does NOT want children sacraficed in his name! Denying life to a Child saying; "God does Not want Blood Tranfusions" is a lie from the Antichrist! Satan hates all men he is the authoor of this evil teaching! Children should be protected not killed for God! In the Old Testament God was very clear; sacrfice of Children is an abonamation!

Conscious thoughts Satan was defeated by the cross! It was by the cross that death was destroyed and life was restored! The Cross is a symbol of love! Christians use the Cross as their symbol! You see a cross or someone making the sign you then know they are Christian! The Antichrist never uses the cross on any of his churches! He has even taken it out of his scriptures replacing it was a torcher stake!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Luke 11:11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

Conscious thoughts God does NOT want children sacraficed in his name! Denying life to a Child saying; "God does Not want Blood Tranfusions" is a lie from the Antichrist! Satan hates all men he is the authoor of this evil teaching! Children should be protected not killed for God! In the Old Testament God was very clear; sacrfice of Children is an abonamation!

Conscious thoughts Satan was defeated by the cross! It was by the cross that death was destroyed and life was restored! The Cross is a symbol of love! Christians use the Cross as their symbol! You see a cross or someone making the sign you then know they are Christian! The Antichrist never uses the cross on any of his churches! He has even taken it out of his scriptures replacing it was a torcher stake!
As you know, I am not a Christian, but I can not say JW does anything wrong by following the teaching the way the believe to be true, not can I critique you for holding the Catholic faith.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
The Antichrist is against Jesus! Satan would never ever want people to worship Jesus; he wants people to worship himself! The Scriptures tell us Christians worship Jesus!
Meandflower Worship is ONLY for God!
Christians have always worshiped Jesus! Thomas is a Christian, he worships Jesus.. "My Lord & my God"! Thomas is an Apostle, he is Christian a: "Christ-Follower"! If you reject Jesus as God you are NOT Christian you are thus a Child of the Antichrist!

Trinity
Scriptures tell us.. "God is LOVE"!
Meandflower God is perfect! A perfect God LOVES PERFECTLY! No one can love self, self love is selfish it is self-centered, egotistical, self-seeking etc To love is: To give of your self for another!
God cannot love himself and still be PERFECT LOVE! AGAIN...

Meandflower
again to love is to let go of self, it is to GIVE of yourself to another! For God to be perfect he needs another to love.. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. DO YOU SEE IT...

Meandflower
do you see it? There is TWO, TWO, TWO in the beginning not just one! (God is outside of time but for us to understand it I use time) From the very split second there was God there had to be two (2) two to make PERFECT LOVE!
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. THINK...

Meandflower think.. Perfect love creates... Example; the love of husband and wife create new life! PERFECT Love is NOT sterile! The PERFECT Love of God creates; so for God to be perfect there has to be THREE; three is the result of PERFECT LOVE!! From the very split second there was a PERFECT God there had to be three (3) to make PERFECT LOVE! The Father and the Son and coming from this perfect love springs the "Holy Spirit"!

One God but three persons! God is one (1) God is PERFECT!
Meandflower the JW's believe in many gods.... They added the letter "A" in John 1:1 and they also made the word God with a small letter "g"! In there bible it reads... .... and the Word was "A" god.
Christians have always taught; One God NOT MANY! The JW is NOT Christian they are the children of the Antichrist RUN from them: They sacrifice their children in God' name! They reject the Christian symbol of "the Cross" a symbol of Perfect Love!
In what way is God one according to your beliefs?