• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Like evolution, climate change, vaccines, and the moon landing, Corona virus is a liberal hoax.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Actually propaganda has always worked because people will always believe "experts", and experts are often educated by other experts...but then we have to wonder who educates them?. And no one wants to believe ill of their own leaders. "We are the good guys"....right?

In a world where trust is fast disappearing, nothing is as it seems anymore. The lid is being lifted and those monuments of society will fall like dominoes because of what is coming......wait for the empty promises....and the total loss of freedom that will ensue. Their 'solution' will not be what most people imagine it to be....that is Bible prophesy for those who might wonder what the world is coming to.....
Part of the problem is actually a lot of people do not believe experts. They prefer ignoramuses. Who knows why? Perhaps they can relate to them.

Tambourine

Part of the problem is actually a lot of people do not believe experts. They prefer ignoramuses. Who knows why? Perhaps they can relate to them.
I'm pretty sure it's partially that.

Another factor is that conspiracy theories make you feel smart, like you're seeing something most people/sheeple don't. They give the empowering illusion of insight without the long, arduous work that goes into achieving genuine insight into a topic.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
That's great news! Someone needs to tell the 319,675 fatalities that they're not really dead.
That did come off sounding harsh, but I was talking of culture and cultural practices rather than people needing the flush. Entitlement to absolute freedom without responsibility, duty or consideration of others could be flushed out of the system a little.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
That's gross and callous, and not funny at all.
It was not meant to be funny at all. It may have sounded a little glib, but was not meant to be that either.

You speculated our "civilization" may be destroyed if we continue as we are. I agree that is probably the case. It is likely what people mean when they speak of the destruction of the Earth. It is their civilization that they fear loosing. I was thinking of civilization in terms of culture and there are aspects of this culture that we could loose and benefit by that loss. That is the flush that I was thinking of. Not people being tossed away as dross.

In a very real sense, time does this to cultures all the time. Pieces are lost do to disuse or they change over time. An educated 18th Century scholar looking at the modern world might wonder what happened to his or her (I know it was likely his in that case) civilization and wonder what destroyed it. In the modern sense, the destruction we are facing is much more real and not just culture, and I was not clear on what I was referring to in my response.

Sorry for not being very clear in that post.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
That did come off sounding harsh, but I was talking of culture and cultural practices rather than people needing the flush. Entitlement to absolute freedom without responsibility, duty or consideration of others could be flushed out of the system a little.
Post 62 was a response to the thread title, not to your post, Dan. :)

Tambourine

It was not meant to be funny at all. It may have sounded a little glib, but was not meant to be that either.

You speculated our "civilization" may be destroyed if we continue as we are. I agree that is probably the case. It is likely what people mean when they speak of the destruction of the Earth. It is their civilization that they fear loosing. I was thinking of civilization in terms of culture and there are aspects of this culture that we could loose and benefit by that loss. That is the flush that I was thinking of. Not people being tossed away as dross.

In a very real sense, time does this to cultures all the time. Pieces are lost do to disuse or they change over time. An educated 18th Century scholar looking at the modern world might wonder what happened to his or her (I know it was likely his in that case) civilization and wonder what destroyed it. In the modern sense, the destruction we are facing is much more real and not just culture, and I was not clear on what I was referring to in my response.

Sorry for not being very clear in that post.
That's fair, and I largely agree with you with regards to changes in our culture.