• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lifestyle Changes Won't Help

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Fortunately because we've been getting better the further we remove ourselves from a book that permits such wickedness and evil. Fortunately because many have realized we must act on our own behalf rather than waiting for the various invisible figures of the various religions to intervene.
Such as, we've went from the Bible that permits sex slavery to a world that has nearly entirely abolished and eradicated the practice of slavery.
The old Hebrew Scriptures does Not teach sex slavery.
Ancient Israel was never in the slave-trade business as the southern USA.
Last winter while waiting in a doctors office in a neighboring county I picked up their local magazine.
I was shocked to read that county had a BIG problem with the capture of young girls/teens.
They listed an address and web site dealing with the problem including meeting places and times.
Recently I spoke to a woman (school bus driver) living in that county and she knew nothing about it.
Makes me wonder that there isn't much more publicity about such things.

Of course we are to act. We are Not to bring ruin to Earth ( literal or moral ).
We are to show practical love for others as shown in Jesus' illustration about the neighborly good Samaritan.
In other words, Jesus was teaching us to widen out, broaden out in showing help to another in distress.
We are also to be care givers of Earth, take care of Earth according to -> Genesis.
Realizing the need to act and acting can be very wide apart as man's history shows.
The problem is that besides HUGE problem matters even small matters such as 'do not litter' is being ignored.
If you had a beautiful house and it became infected with rats, what would you do ___________
Earth is infected with a lot of rat-like persons, and what should be done __________

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The old Hebrew Scriptures does Not teach sex slavery.
Ancient Israel was never in the slave-trade business as the southern USA.
The Tanakh has rules about keeping slaves.
And when the Hebrew army invaded, women were considered a part of the plunder and were kept as sex slaves.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That's true but it alone won't help. We need personal and systemic change.
And how would a 'litter bug' get 'personal and systemic' change ____________
God forces No one to obey as shown with Satan and Adam - James 1:13-15

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Deuteronomy 21:10-14 is wicked.
Ephesians 6:5-8 is heinous.
Leviticus 25:44–46 is immoral.
Exodus 21:20-21 is evil.
Thank you for your reply.
I find the word ' wife ' at Deuteronomy 21:11 ( 'wife' is marriage and Not adultery or fornication )
Those ' war brides ', so to speak, did Not deserve to be put to death.
They would have been in dire straits without a husband.
Under the Mosaic Law each woman was entitled to a husband to take care of her.
Ephesians 6:5-8 that was Not the slavery of the slave-trade business like Southern USA.
That was the first-century man-made condition existing at that time, and Ephesians 6:9 says earthly masters needed to keep in mind that they too had a Higher Master in the heavens over them Not to mistreat anyone.
Leviticus 25:44-46 again at verse 46 Must Not subject to cruel treatment.
Exodus 21:20-21 If the slave lived could show the owner did Not have murder as his goal or purpose.
Exodus 21:32 The slave was set free if brutalities happened, and that would have caused the Master considerable $$$ loss. Such a loss would be deterring any abuse on the Master's part.
There will be No slavery on Earth during Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Tanakh has rules about keeping slaves.
And when the Hebrew army invaded, women were considered a part of the plunder and were kept as sex slaves.
I find the word ' wife ' at Deuteronomy 21:11 aka marriage.
Those women were Not considered as worthy of being put to death.
They would have been left without a husband and back then that would Not have been a good idea.
She was Not to be treated as less than being a ' wife ' - Deuteronomy 21:14

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This isn't a religion thread. If you want to preach. Start your own.
Okay, but how is asking how would a 'litter bug' gets 'personal and systemic (root) change' be preaching ________
Not meant as preaching, but informing that according to the Bible that God forces No one to change.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Okay, but how is asking how would a 'litter bug' gets 'personal and systemic (root) change' be preaching ________
Not meant as preaching, but informing that according to the Bible that God forces No one to change.

It's not, continually posting and quoting scripture is preaching. Especially in a non-religious section of the forum.

If you notice we are in the DIR Green Room. Not Abrahamic faith/or Religious Debates. So I'd prefer you post that elsewhere. Make a Christian only climate change thread in that DIR if that the kind of responses you would like to give.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It's not, continually posting and quoting scripture is preaching. Especially in a non-religious section of the forum.......................

Thank you for your informative reply, but I rarely quote Scripture but I do post as to where what I post can be located.
Asking how a 'litter bug' can get ' personal and systemic (root) change ' to me is Not preaching.
In other words, if a 'litter bug' won't change, then what is there to think a BIGGER offender will change _______

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Those ' war brides ', so to speak, did Not deserve to be put to death.
Nor did they deserve to be abducted and forced to "marry" some bloke who just partook in slaughtering her community.
That is evil.
Ephesians 6:5-8 that was Not the slavery of the slave-trade business like Southern USA.
Slavery is slavery. Owning someone as property is wrong no matter how you try to dress it up.
Ephesians 6:9 says earthly masters needed to keep in mind that they too had a Higher Master in the heavens over them Not to
It affirms slavery and commands Christian slaves to serve especially well. That is heinous.
Leviticus 25:44-46 again at verse 46 Must Not subject to cruel treatment.
It says they can take children as slaves amd that slaves are inheritable property.
That is evil.
Exodus 21:20-21 If the slave lived could show the owner did Not have murder as his goal or purpose.
Owning someone as property is evil, amd beating people as well is wrong. Doesn't matter if the slave survives. It is an evil practice.
Exodus 21:32 The slave was set free if brutalities happened, and that would have caused the Master considerable $$$ loss.
That excuse of money loss doesn't r eally hold up. And see above about owning someone as property.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Maybe. But birth rates are dropping as is. No changes necessary.
Fertility rate: 'Jaw-dropping' global crash in children being born

We will need to rethink certain agencies very soon. The US Social Security System is a variation of a Ponzi scheme that relies on an ever increasing population. And I knew that teaching women to read was a bad idea:

"Instead it is being driven by more women in education and work, as well as greater access to contraception, leading to women choosing to have fewer children."

Dang liberals all for rights and everything. You are messing with my Social Security!!