• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberals...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Are you trying to argue that invading Iraq has lowered the price of gas?
Or that would be a justification for invading another country? If corn gets too expensive, should China invade us?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Or that would be a justification for invading another country? If corn gets too expensive, should China invade us?
You hold me to task. No it would not be justifiable, but a definite perk.

Now, answer me this. Would Americans refuse to drill for oil over here if there was no imported oil? At what price does the cute furry animals protection become a non issue?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
You hold me to task. No it would not be justifiable, but a definite perk.
No, it was wrong as well as stupid. Now would you explain how it worked against higher oil prices, because I don't get that connection at all.

Now, answer me this. Would Americans refuse to drill for oil over here if there was no imported oil? At what price does the cute furry animals protection become a non issue?
You're asking me to defend a position I haven't advanced. How about addressing a few of the points I did raise?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
No, it was wrong as well as stupid. Now would you explain how it worked against higher oil prices, because I don't get that connection at all.
I will try to explain, We are the great Satan. People cheered when our towers fell. They attacked us because they envy us and despise our commerce, wealth and power. Right now, they would like nothing more than to detonate a nuclear device in this country. You can believe if we just leave them alone, they will forget their hatred of us. That will be a costly lesson.

Another way of destroying us is to bring our economy to it's knees. Even though we are winning the war on terror, we are slowly bleeding to death with debt paying for our war. Raising the price of oil is another way of continuing the blood letting.

They want to see our country fall like the towers did. This three pronged attack will be our undoing as if we leave the region, they will dominate Iraq as well Saudi Arabia and we will be lucky to recieve oil at any price from them.

China will buy the oil and we are already saddled by debt to them and they could quit buying bonds at any time making our currency even worse off than it already is.

Nuclear weapons, high oil prices, falling currency, and huge debt to China who is in competition for the worlds oils supply will have us in proverbial checkmate no matter which way we move.

Leave Iraq, oil prices goes up.
Stay in Iraq, we get further in debt and our currency declines and we still pay more for oil.
Ignore Iran and we will see a major city vaporised.

We cannot stick our head in the sand and ignore the problem. We are in a quagmire and listening to all this tripe about how great things are going to be when the Democrats take office and the troops come home, plus free health care for all, is the biggest lie ever told.

We are screwed, and we have been for quite some time. GWB has controlled the bleeding. Obama or Hillary will remove the bandage and we will hemorrhage.

Watch and see. book mark this if you want. When Obama or Hillary take office and they are debriefed, they will change their plan too.

No matter who is President, we will need a presence in the region, whether it be Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran or Saudi Arabia.

One last comment, when the troops come home, they will need jobs. Unemployment will rise and the economy will not get any better.

I'm not saying the current course is good for America. I'm saying we are in a quagmire that dictates 8 dollar a gallon gas, inflation and unemployment no matter who is in office and what ever they do. Thing of it is, it could get a whole lot worse and people may talk about the GWB years as the good old days.
You're asking me to defend a position I haven't advanced. How about addressing a few of the points I did raise?
I'm trying. If we where not in Iraq, oil prices would have already gotten higher than they already are. We do offer stability in the region and that is good for oil prices.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Great, so you want a liar or a racist in the white house? Those are two very good choices. Way to go Dems.
Obama is less of a racist than most people on this forum. Hillary has done far more for the country than any of you as well. I would proudly elect either one over a Shrub puppet War Monger who has little to no clue about the economy.

Plus, as people pointed out already: that didn't stop YOU from electing Shrub, did it? Go figure!

Scuba Pete

I guess the Republican Leadership feels that if their peeps were stupid enough to fall for the WMD lie, then why wouldn't they buy the lie that Paying more for gas really means you are paying less! Next, they will be offering the Republican faithful a bridge in Arizona.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I guess the Republican Leadership feels that if their peeps were stupid enough to fall for the WMD lie, then why wouldn't they buy the lie that Paying more for gas really means you are paying less! Next, they will be offering the Republican faithful a bridge in Arizona.
And here I have always been told democrats and those on the left are more "open minded" and "tolerant" of the two parties. Scuba, you are acting no better than the far right religious fanatics. Get a grip and see that neither one party nor the other is all knowing and kind nor evil and completely corrupt. There are levels of each in both parties.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Obama is less of a racist than most people on this forum.
Now there is a good reason to vote for him. You don't deny his racism so lets call him "racist light" the less fulfilling candidate.
Hillary has done far more for the country than any of you as well.
Now Pete is all knowing about what we all have done compared to Hillary.
I would proudly elect either one over a Shrub puppet War Monger who has little to no clue about the economy.
What you mean to say is you have contempt for anyone who has worn a uniform because you are a conscience objector. You could care less that the military would have the utmost respect for McCain over the other two candidates and actually served his country in battle unlike you.

You fail to understand it is an honor to serve your country and if you really cared about soldiers, you might ask them what they think about the war in Iraq. They want to come home victorious. They don't want their 5,000 brothers in arms to have died in vain because you don't have the stomach for war or think it is too expensive.

Just how much of YOUR MONEY went to this war Pete? You act like the money spent was all yours. Of course bleeding heart Liberals like yourself see other people's money as their own.

Duty, Honor, and Courage is something you just don't understand. I feel sorry for folks who's only hope in life is the Democrats are going to take the oval office and make their lives better. If that is your only hope, I truly feel sorry for you.

Why not take responsibility for your own happiness instead of complaining because you have not got your way the last 8 years. These have been the best 8 years of my life and I have respect for the President.

The difference between you and I is, I respect the office of the President no matter who is elected. A true patriot would understand this.

Scuba Pete

And here I have always been told democrats and those on the left are more "open minded" and "tolerant" of the two parties. Scuba, you are acting no better than the far right religious fanatics. Get a grip and see that neither one party nor the other is all knowing and kind nor evil and completely corrupt. There are levels of each in both parties.
You've been duped (duped, I tell you!)! I take it you bought the bridge since you thought the lies about the WMDs and our "lower" gas prices from your leadership were "reasonable".

If one were to do a search on this forum from around the time of the start of the Haliburton War, you would find that I was probably the first on here to cry FOUL when it came to WMDs. Shrup et al, has duped (duped, I tell you) the party faithful.

I think it's hilarious to see these grown men and women trying to justify the fact that they have been duped (duped, I tell you!) with even more lies and fabrications. It's part and parcel of the Republican Hate Machine!

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Duped da duped duped duped da duped da duped duped duped da duped da duped. jackies just speeding away, thought he was James Dean for a day. A hustle here and a hustle there, New York City is where say, Hey Babe take a walk on the wild side......

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Now there is a good reason to vote for him. You don't deny his racism so lets call him "racist light" the less fulfilling candidate. Now Pete is all knowing about what we all have done compared to Hillary. What you mean to say is you have contempt for anyone who has worn a uniform because you are a conscience objector. You could care less that the military would have the utmost respect for McCain over the other two candidates and actually served his country in battle unlike you.

You fail to understand it is an honor to serve your country and if you really cared about soldiers, you might ask them what they think about the war in Iraq. They want to come home victorious. They don't want their 5,000 brothers in arms to have died in vain because you don't have the stomach for war or think it is too expensive.

Just how much of YOUR MONEY went to this war Pete? You act like the money spent was all yours. Of course bleeding heart Liberals like yourself see other people's money as their own.

Duty, Honor, and Courage is something you just don't understand. I feel sorry for folks who's only hope in life is the Democrats are going to take the oval office and make their lives better. If that is your only hope, I truly feel sorry for you.

Why not take responsibility for your own happiness instead of complaining because you have not got your way the last 8 years. These have been the best 8 years of my life and I have respect for the President.

The difference between you and I is, I respect the office of the President no matter who is elected. A true patriot would understand this.

I'm sorry, but reading this had me in stitches.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
See now you're splitting hairs here.
Eh, not really.
I could care less that it's a carrier. The point I was making was that it is a a renewable source. The fact that we can use water to power cars etc. is a great idea.

Check this out. It's cool
bookofjoe: Hydrogen Fireplace — Water is the fuel

This one here I'm quite sure you've seen. They had a few commercials here in the US.
Honda Worldwide | April 16, 2008 "FCX Clarity Fuel Cell Vehicle Official Car for 2008 Indy Japan"

Imagine that! A car that runs on hydrogen gas..."The FCX Clarity runs on hydrogen and emits no CO2 or other environmentally harmful emissions in operation"

That was the point I was trying to make.
And where do you plan on pulling this hydrogen from?

Hydrogen is an energy carrier. That means we need energy to make it. Guess where that energy is gonna come from?
Doh! Fossil fuels (only viable way to make enough hydrogen). And we have to burn more due to increased transportation and heat loss. So, where is the advantage of using hydrogen? Is it hauling around 12+atm pressurized gas containers, totally nullifying any efficiency advantages? I guess pretending that we somehow made a difference is good enough.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
:confused: where the sun don't shine? :confused:
I guess pretending that we somehow made a difference is good enough.

I hear ya! I thought my HyBrid was making a difference till I heard how much energy was used making it. Then there is the nasty problem of what to do with the batteries when they wear out. :foot:

HyBrids are not green. At least I look like I care. :sorry1:

Scuba Pete

Shrub thinks it should come from petroleum! Silly idiot! He still wants big oil to be in control!
Hydrogen is an energy carrier. That means we need energy to make it. Guess where that energy is gonna come from?
The sun or nuclear energy. Big whoop. [/quote]Hey, if someone as CLUELESS as Shrub can see the benefits of hydrogen, why can't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.