• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal: staying positive and focused election thoughts

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I still think Bernie Sanders could have done better. But only if a unified Democrat party fully endorsed him like they did Biden.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
On the upside, if Mr. Biden can win Florida, Mr. Trump will in one stroke all but be knocked out of the race. Technically, Mr. Trump has many, many paths to reelection. But practically speaking, he needs Florida like a car needs fuel. Without Florida, all of his remaining paths are total longshots.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I still think Bernie Sanders could have done better. But only if a unified Democrat party fully endorsed him like they did Biden.
Republicans would never have joined up with Bernie as the nominee.

Biden is avoiding the Hillary Clinton trap by welcoming anyone who wants to defeat Trump instead of calling them 'deplorables'.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Biden is avoiding the Hillary Clinton trap by welcoming anyone who wants to defeat Trump instead of calling them 'deplorables'

We'll agree to disagree. He hasn't gone that far, but he has had disputes with people seemingly leaning Trump and in the heat of the moment, told them to vote Trump. He's also more like Hilary than Bernie is, in my opinion.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Regardless, I'm still going to take a "Vote blue no matter who" approach, even if Biden doesn't turn out to be the friendly, uncontroversial grandpa figure people see him as - at worst, I'll just have to take a shower afterwards. I do think he's a nice guy but just a little confused and I thought Kamala was a good figure to choose for Vice President but the reality is there are some things in her record the other side could very well exploit.

I can't say for sure Bernie could have done better, but most of the LGBT forums I've been to were very energized about him. Biden neither brings the same energy nor, I think, could outdebate Bernie with Bernie's sharp tongue.

I'll support Biden but I'm still unsure about his crisis handling abilities.