• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leviticus and Homosexuality

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I honestly do not know whether or not you are lying with regard to your claim of former obedience to God, and I do not know if you truly loved Him or not. I do not know what your religious education consisted of, nor whether or not it was a sincere endeavor.

But I do know that you are right about something. I do not understand everything about God. I suppose, it would not be inaccurate for me to say, that I know very little about God.

I know that God is faithful to those who love and obey Him. So if you have been faithful to God, and if you have loved God, I really cannot say with any certainty why God is, as you say, ignoring you. If I knew, I would tell you.

I suppose I could continue grasping at straws. Maybe it's this, or maybe it's that. Maybe God has revealed Himself to you and you missed it. I just don't know. I am sorry that you find yourself in this present state of having lost all faith in God. But I hope that God will reach down and reveal His love for you soon.

I appreciate someone willing to say they don't understand everything, and this sort of response is far more positive than the assumption I was dishonest or disingenuous. It is simply something I can say - that not everyone gets an answer.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Perhaps I did not answer the question to your satisfaction, but I am not overly compelled to answer questions to your satisfaction. I answer questions as I see fit to answer them, in all cases.

You did not answer the question at all.
You avoided it.

But since you are to scared to answer the question...

Sonofason

I appreciate someone willing to say they don't understand everything, and this sort of response is far more positive than the assumption I was dishonest or disingenuous. It is simply something I can say - that not everyone gets an answer.

It is true. Not everyone gets an answer from God. But I, knowing that God is faithful, do not find it very odd that God should ignore some people who only claim to do so.

I am not suggesting that your claim is necessarily a false claim, but it is a possibility, and one worth investigating. Perhaps you have. I really don't know. You should know better than I whether or not your claim is valid or not. Being honest with yourself is always a good place to start.

I spend a great deal of my time in God's Word, and exploring various avenues for knowing God better. Does doing this ensure a sound relationship with God? I must say no. The Pharisees spent a great deal of time studying God's word, and seeing to it that they be seen in conformance to His word, but we see Christ condemning many of them. So it's not necessarily how much we know about God that ensures a solid loving relationship with God.

Is obedience to God the necessary quality for establishing a loving relationship with God. Well, it can't hurt, but I see myself as a depraved man, incapable of doing that which I know is right. Yet I experience God's love. But why?

This is a mystery to me. I love God, and my heart is set upon Him. My very existence I contribute to Him. My faults I attribute to Him. I argue with Him, and when I fail, I blame Him. And I repent. It seems I'm in a rather continuous state of repentance. I'm always disappointing myself, and so therefore am in a state of feeling as though I'm always disappointing God. Yet I experience His love, but not always.

I do not experience God when I am in the midst of sin. I experience God when I turn from it, when I return to Him. I experience Him when I stumble on spiritual truth, and I can experience Him when I am praising Him. But surely, I have found no rock solid means of experiencing God.

It is as if I and God are two distinct frequencies, whereas the frequency of God is a constant, and mine fluctuates depending on what I am doing, or thinking, or reading, or hearing. Let it be, for purposes of this analogy that we are discussing frequencies of sound. When for whatever the cause, my frequency finds itself matching God's frequency, or in some sort of harmony with God's frequency, and so there is a resonance of that frequency, that actually shakes my very being. This is how I liken the experience of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, resonating with God, and feeling the incredible power of His love.

TheGunShoj

"The Israelites were to treat their enslaved fellow Hebrews as if they were servants. (Lev 25 v39-40).They were also to give them the option of their freedom in the 7th year of their service (Ex 21 v2),and give them the means to make a new start (Deut 15 v12-18), although they could remain a slave
if they chose."

Right. Who would choose to remain a slave? You conveniently left out the loop hole where the slave master could give them a wife and in the 7th year the man would go free but the wife and children would still be the salvers property. Thus forcing the man to choose between either abandoning their family or being a slave forever. That's a fair choice.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The kitten was fine and grew up strong and loving; and I learned to take care of cats. I learned not to bite. Oh and believe me I was repaid over time, bitten, scratched in the face, made to clean up after, feed, pet, take to the vet, care for and all of the oppressive things that cats do to our species fell upon me. Our lords the cats mercilessly oppress us, but we forgive them. Ok, once when I was small a large dog bit my arm terribly, and it was a nasty bite. That must have infected me with some dogness which caused me to bit the kitty. I was too little, and I didn't know how to handle my newfound doggy powers. I'm much better today. I occasionally bark, but I'm very tolerant of cats.

Last edited:

Sonofason

You confirm it with damn near every post you make.

Some people deserve answers to their questions because they are capable of putting forth thoughtful questions in a respectful manner. Some people don't deserve answers to their questions at all. Some people just don't deserve to be heard. So if you want an answer from me to any of your questions, you're going to have to be a little more respectful, as I have already determined that your questions fall into the former category.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Some people deserve answers to their questions because they are capable of putting forth thoughtful questions in a respectful manner. Some people don't deserve answers to their questions at all. Some people just don't deserve to be heard. So if you want an answer from me to any of your questions, you're going to have to be a little more respectful, as I have already determined that your questions fall into the former category.

If it makes you feel better to believe that, then by all means, believe it.