• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Talk About the Holy Spirit

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yeah. This is the same reason for Mormons, and Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ) that there are apostasy transpired therefore there should be a church organization; Mormons (Joseph Smith), Iglesia ni Cristo (Felix Manalo) and JW (Charles Taze Russell, or the seekers).

So how you will reconcile the warning of Jesus Christ about false teachings and those founded beliefs?

Are you forgetting that Jesus himself was seen as a false Messiah? His disciples were ostracized and persecuted because the Jews saw them as misguided apostates.
What was it that prompted some Jewish people to accept Jesus, as opposed to other false Messiah's that came and went in that period, whilst others cried out for his execution? (Matthew 27:25)

Only those who were at odds with the Jewish system were drawn to Jesus, who gave them hope whilst severely criticizing its leaders. Likewise we find that only those who are at odds with Christendom's teachings and the conduct of her clergy, are drawn to Jehovah's Witnesses. (John 6:44) Jesus was sent exclusively to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" because these ones saw Jesus for what he truly was, not through the distorted lens of apostate Judaism.
So, we find that people today who cannot accept the corrupt teachings of Christendom, are more likely to listen to our message. We offer it to all as Jesus did, but only the Father sees how the heart of an individual responds to the Kingdom message that he is having preached "in all the inhabited earth". (Matthew 24:14)

Are you talking about the future? I think this is about the tribulation period.

It is talking about the "great tribulation" which is yet future. (Matthew 24:21) In his revelation, written at the end of the first century, the apostle John saw an unnumbered "great multitude" who were to "come out of the great tribulation". (Revelation 7:9, 10, 13, 14) These survivors attribute salvation to God and to the Lamb.

So how do you reconcile this cleansing, or refining in relation with Jesus and His disciples, same with the early church fathers?

We believe that we are now deep into "the time of the end" and that God raised up his faithful servants in preparation for Christ's return. He cleansed and whitened and refined them of all the impurities that had crept in over the centuries when apostasy was running riot in Christendom. The "time of the end" would be one of change and upheaval in the spiritual lives of his worshippers. An 'abundance of knowledge' would become available at this time and insight would be granted to those who accepted the cleansing. (Daniel 12:4, 9, 10) The wicked would understand nothing.

So who are those appointed group of men?

Jesus called them a "faithful and discreet slave" who were appointed by Jesus himself to "feed his entire household their "food at the proper time". (Matthew 24:45) We are to submit to those who take the lead. (Hebrews 13:17)

How will you trace it starting with the disciples of Jesus Christ down to the future?

We trace it through what Jesus himself foretold. It was he who warned of the "weeds" which he said would be planted by the devil "while men were sleeping". This is a spiritual sleep where Christianity lost its zeal and purpose. The 'wheat' were still there but hopelessly outnumbered. These were among the ones executed by the church as heretics because they dared to expose their false teachings and conduct.

At the close of the first century, the apostasy had already begun but the presence of the apostles had restrained them. (2 Thess 2:3-7) But once the apostles were out of the way, with the last of the Christian scriptures completed by the apostle John, the weeds were to grow and flourish as a counterfeit kind of Christianity emerged. By the 4th century, the situation was ripe for the take over of Roman Catholicism, which was a fusion of pagan Roman sun worship and weakened Christianity. The "weeds" Jesus said were to grow along with the "wheat" until the harvest time, when a clear separation was to take place. We are living in the time of that separation. Nothing written after the close of the Bible canon can be relied upon to be uncontaminated by the teachings of men. Only at 'the time of the end' would a cleansed body of Christians appear, given "insight" by God into all things. Gradually, they weeded out all the doctrines that didn't belong and began to refine their own worship.

Jesus said we would recognize his true disciples by their "fruits" or conduct. Their actions would determine if they were truly Christ's followers because they would follow the teachings of the Master, rather than follow the direction of men that went against what Christ taught.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The same is true in the opposite sense as well.
What matters most is which doctrine is truth and which is false.

Either Jesus is God or he isn't. If Jesus isn't God then most of those who identify as Christians are guilty of blasphemy and a breach of the first Commandment. (Exodus 20:3)

If Jesus is God why did he not just come out and say so?

JesusBeliever

Either Jesus is God or he isn't. If Jesus isn't God then most of those who identify as Christians are guilty of blasphemy and a breach of the first Commandment. (Exodus 20:3)

"Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matthew 13:13-15

If anyone wants or needs healing, I'd like to give my recommendation! He's the best in the world!:):handpointdown:

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes. All angels are called "sons of God" and many of them are attendants, messengers and agents. They all serve their Father as his ministers. Being a servant of God is not slavery, (as humans might interpret it) it is a privilege.

The Word was unique however because of his being the "only begotten" of his Father. As the only direct creation of God, he is a true "monogenes" in any definition of the word....an "only child". His spirit "brothers" were part of creation that came "through" the son, not "from" him. He is the "firstborn" of creation and was used as the agency through which all creation came into being. (Col 1:15, 16) Michael the Archangel is commander of all the Angels because he outranks them.
Interesting for someone who preaches against twisting to twist what I said. You say, "all angels are sons". OK. So what? I said the son was born a servant to the father if the first-born was Michael. Is that what you want to believe?

An apprentice. Someone to teach all he knows. The length of his existence alone with his Father is not stated in the scriptures, but at "the beginning" of creation the Word was at his Father's side during the whole process. (Proverbs 8:30, 31)
I agree.
Jesus did not promote himself as anything but a messenger of his God and father, promoting reconciliation with him. His apostles did not think he was anything but "the son of God"...his "holy servant". (Hebrews 4:30)
We are talking about his birth. We are talking about Michael, not Jesus.

John 7:15, 16:
"And the Jews were astonished, saying: “How does this man have such a knowledge of the Scriptures when he has not studied at the schools?” 16 Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me." (John 14:10)
I believe you that the one born to the woman Mary was a servant of God which will all should be. JWs want to take us out of God's house and put us in the house of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses. That is minimizing a person, but Jesus promises to glorify a person.

"An inheritor"? You do understand that an inheritor is one who inherits something that originally belonged to someone else? The son cannot "inherit" something that is already his.
See, this is where the JW will fail. 2 Timothy 3:16 saying "all scripture is inspired of God....that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good word". The governing body teach you it means each and every word is like it was written by God, so they make it a weighty job for you to remember each scripture as though it is the God's honest truth, but in reality 2 Timothy 3:16 means the WHOLE work is God's inspired. I know you can't see what difference it makes so I will try to illustrate it. JWs say the word of God is alive, but they do not act as though it is. Can a live thing speak for itself? Of course! So then, as you might write, "The son cannot inherit something that is already his" you would have heard this, "all authority has been given me in heaven and on earth". Are you going to say that Jehovah gave Michael all authority at Michael's birth? Remember, to you Michael is the first born son of God. Right?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If Michael was born obedient to God for servitude how is it he is called God's only begotten son? And what special thing did he do to become Jesus, if that is all that Michael was created for? And then why would Jehovah give him all authority?

Also, if Michael was born a servant to Jehovah and when he became Jesus he became a servant to everyone believing in HIM, ( Michael is not a servant to everyone believing in him) how is he still what he was born as, a servant of Jehovah? He would have changed households. I think you do not understand the question. And I would bet every thing I have that @Hockeycowboy doesn't understand. I hope that is natural for you and that your service to the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses did not make you that way.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nothing written after the close of the Bible canon can be relied upon to be uncontaminated by the teachings of men.

Can you please hear yourself? How many dishes that have been prepared by the men of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses have been, are, and will be served up to Jehovah's Witnesses at Jehovah's table? We are to eat there with you (according to you) but here you say that the food is contaminated.

Only at 'the time of the end' would a cleansed body of Christians appear, given "insight" by God into all things. Gradually, they weeded out all the doctrines that didn't belong and began to refine their own worship.
I think you are putting scriptures together to make a pleasant picture for yourself, but they don't belong together. Can you give us one scripture which proves that "a cleansed body of Christians appear"?

Jesus said we would recognize his true disciples by their "fruits" or conduct. Their actions would determine if they were truly Christ's followers because they would follow the teachings of the Master, rather than follow the direction of men that went against what Christ taught.
Might I remind you of this one? Matthew 7:3-5

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Should I give some examples of dishes served in the name of Jehovah that the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses originated that are not Bible canon and that we just can't stomach, so therefore, we must die?

I really do love you @Deeje! Please some over to our side and live.

how-to-draw-devil-emoji_1_000000022856_5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

I'm a non-Christian, so, I'm going to Hell? What about blasphemy? Not blaspheming anything, either, that is part of my Scripture

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm a non-Christian, so, I'm going to Hell? What about blasphemy? Not blaspheming anything, either, that is part of my Scripture
We might hear about hell again. So, quickly, I'll just say that the hell mentioned in the Bible is death, according to JW dogma. I tend to agree with them and so really everyone goes to hell sooner or later.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
We might hear about hell again. So, quickly, I'll just say that the hell mentioned in the Bible is death, according to JW dogma. I tend to agree with them and so really everyone goes to hell sooner or later.

So it isn't ''Hell''. There is no reason to use the word ''Hell''. I however do believe in literal Hells

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So it isn't ''Hell''. There is no reason to use the word ''Hell''. I however do believe in literal Hells
I think that there are literally conditions which make a person sorry that they were ever born which can be described as hell meaning a place of unrepentant anguish. Something to avoid, I think.