• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Talk About the Holy Spirit

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It seems like the stories you tell are purposely very one sided. I find them extremely biased in the telling. I don't believe them as you tell them. Half truths are worse than outright lies.
There are two sides to every story, but we never get to hear the other side.
That is right. The govenrnng body make it a sin to hear the other side.

but rather what you do about sinning.
I agree with this. The JWs are being taught to do nothing about sinning against The Holy Spirit.

The GB have never claimed to be "inspired".....that is for scripture and the writings of the GB are not scripture. That is why we smile when people dig up old publications that are no longer relevant to our current understanding. That is like digging up old newspapers. Interesting to see where we were and how far we have progressed.
Jesus appointed the "faithful and discreet slave" to feed us our "food at the proper time". (Matthew 24:45)
They have done an awesome job and we love them. If Jesus didn't love them, he would not have appointed them.
Of course Jesus loves those who are members of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses. WHO doesn't Jesus love, according to you?
Exodus 20:16 Here again the Jehovah's Witnesses have added to God's Word. "Against" has been added. The JWs are witnesses FOR the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses and the governing body encourage it, NO! They demand it for a person's salvation. @Deeje if you would REALLY get out of Babylon the Great, you will see that "against" is assumed in that commandment. It is simply, not to bear neighbor witness false. They seem to be that the governing body is/are compelling you and millions more to SIN against the commandments of The True God.

It makes sense that God would command us to not call anyone bad OR GOOD.

Don't worry, if you are looking for excuses to stay out of the congregation, and not be told what to do by the GB, then God will let you find as many as you need.
128fs318181.gif
You sure make Jehovah out to be careless and uncaring. I wonder why?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Done.

It wasn't a blanket ban of internet witnessing, but a caution for those who lived in countries where our work is banned.
Authorities scan web use for intelligence gathering and our interested ones could face arrest for associating with us online.

No, you were shunned for not following the teachings of Jesus Christ. To carry a weapon indicates intent to use it.
Training for the police force or the military also demonstrates intent to harm others at the command of men.
Patting yourself on the back for your disobedience is hardly something Jesus would commend you for.
Accolades from men mean nothing to God.
https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODIntExp/docid-502016525_1_VIDEO

That is not true. The college education served you in what way? Did it bring you closer to Jehovah? Did it give you opportunities to further the interests of the kingdom of God? Were you benefited spiritually in any way?

We know that college campuses are no place for Christians. It is an environment rife with immorality, drugs and alcohol abuse....not a fitting place for a Christian to want to be.
Now there are online courses so that our young ones can study for whatever they wish to do with their lives. Many choose to serve God as a full time career. The rewards are amazing and the boss is the best in the world...did I mention the pay? Everlasting life in paradise!
bliss.gif
What human can promise you that?
https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODMinistry/docid-502014231_1_VIDEO

It is closer today than it was yesterday. If we dedicate ourselves to God, then his interests should always come first. (Matthew 6:33)
You don't like being told what to do, do you? Not even by Jesus Christ? That is an attitude that will lead you nowhere spiritually.
198.gif

You trained to kill humans and you carried a weapon specifically designed to use on human beings...that is sufficient to show intent.
The fact that you never killed anyone is irrelevant. Fortunately for you, you never needed to.

Nationalism is the 'religion' of satan's world ...it is under his control. (James 4:4; 1 John 5:19) It plays on divided loyalties...one of the devil's favorite tactics. A divided heart cannot serve God and man.
Anyone who will disobey the Christ in order to obey men is a poor excuse for a disciple. (Acts 5:29)
I am glad these men saw that their actions were against everything Jesus taught.

You are "sour" because it appears that you couldn't do as you were told and you reaped the consequences of your own actions. (Hebrews 13:17) No wonder you never got to baptism...I wonder what sort of a nightmare you would have been as a brother!
3ztzsjm.gif
"I did it MY WAY" is a moving song, but not good practice for a Christian.

Sorry if I appear to be targeting you, but your posts seems to be filled with some terrible deed done to you or yours in the name of Jehovah.....reading between the lines however, I think you are kidding yourself. That is just my opinion of course. You blame everyone but yourself.

Self justification is a common practice for some....but where will it lead? Who are "doing the will of God" today? (Matthew 7:21-23) We need to find them and do our best to live as Christ commanded us.
WOW. Love is kind?
This reminds me of Jesus' warning that some people will say that Jesus is delaying and shall beat their brothers. Might you read what you wrote again and perhaps see the beating you just gave that man?

So, what does it mean that to some people Jesus is delaying? Jesus is the helper in The Holy Spirit. So, if someone believes Jesus is lord, but they don't show love then to them "Jesus is delaying". You don't have to SAY Jesus delays to be acting that way.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
@Deeje
Gee, thanks for the sermon, the J.W. defense that wasn't at all needed, the backhanded insults, the empathy for my, suffering.
Your post gave me a warm fuzzy feeling that I haven't known since I quit drinking.:glomp:
Still I must comment that I have NOTHING against J.W.'s and hope and pray daily
that they have "it" nailed down correctly.
I'd LOVE nothing more than to see a Theocratic Government established here on
Earth and an end to man's corrupt rule.
My uncle Mike, now sleeping in death, is still my hero as he maintained his position
as a dedicated J.W. elder until he passed.
His son, Mike Jr. disfellowshiped at least twice, reinstated, and now a leader of his local
congregation. Mike's wife is a fine dedicated J.W. and when Dee and I travel to Florida
we make it a point to visit with them and attend the local Hall at least once with them.
They don't seem to mind breaking bread with a "worldly person".
Dee (fiance) remains open minded to the J.W. ideology.
Dee, like so many J.W.s, was a former Catholic.

Somehow I missed the New Earth event in 1975.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@jeager106 you don't even carry a gun as a cop any more......but you should know that when you did, you were bad, bad, bad. Now, how to repent from something you no longer do?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And Jesus, is it's 'son'? Why is Jesus the exact image, of a formless deity?
Because, like I said, Jesus is real only to those who would make him real. He is a figment of the imagination. A REAL mind power.

I do not know why this world thinks it is more important what a person looks like than it is what a person does.

If you believe God as creator then you must believe that mind comes first. In this world flesh is first. That is no doubt a sin.

It is a sin to put flesh before mind imho.

Last edited:

jeager106

Premium Member
@jeager106 you don't even carry a gun as a cop any more......but you should know that when you did, you were bad, bad, bad. Now, how to repent from something you no longer do?

I know and that bothers me sooooo much today that I hardly sleep at all.
Never mind I never even pointed the thing at another human.
Believe me I could have used it several times but clam, deliberate, professionalism
saved the day.
I am very, very, happy that I never seriously harmed another in my 22.5 years
service.
Oh, believe me, there were plenty of "resisting arrest" situations but I refrained
from deadly force.
Police are taught to respect life.
Some take that very seriously, a few do not.
22.5 years service, 13 major injuries including 3 concussions, both hands broken, back
broken 4 X, artificial right knee, chemical smoke poisoning that left parts of my leg numb, and............................a lifetime of permanent intractable pain.

Oh, and my 2 college degrees got me a job at General Motors making
2 X the money I did as a cop.
But I guess making money is a sin also. ( I said "making", not coveting.)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know and that bothers me sooooo much today that I hardly sleep at all.
I hope this is sarcasm.

I think it might be much more pleasing to God that a person could use deadly force, but refrained, than it might be that a person can't use deadly force because they are afraid of what God might do to them.

jeager106

Premium Member
Yes sarcasm. I NEVER wanted to harm anyone that wasn't harming me or another
innocent.
Believe me I have no "blood guilt", even if in self defense.
I got into police work because I was laid off from a job and getting more poor
by the day.
I never aspired to be a police officer but dad told me "if your going to do this then
do it right".
I did.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Because, like I said, Jesus is real only to those who would make him real. He is a figment of the imagination. A REAL mind power.

I do not know why this world thinks it is more important what a person looks like than it is what a person does.

If you believe God as creator then you must believe that mind comes first. In this world flesh is first. That is no doubt a sin.

It is a sin to put flesh before mind imho.

No, my Creator Deity has a form. No idea what your talking about with the sin of flesh before mind what?
anyways

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, my Creator Deity has a form. No idea what your talking about with the sin of flesh before mind what?
anyways
If you think more of your flesh and God's flesh than you do of what your mind is telling you, then you are not reaching your potential and you are blocking God's potential that is in you. If God is a body then make room in you for it. How? I don't know. If God is WILL, then let God's will be done in you. Easy peasy!

JesusBeliever

Why does nobody explain to me why Jesus must be God or that Jesus must not be thought of as God?
Do you pray to Jesus sister coz I do? (I'm a sister too by the way.)
Please don't take this as a judgment if you don't.
Coz I haven't always done it.
This is just my honest witness of what I have personally experienced.
Please refer to my signature if you haven't already.
But I was literally saved by calling on the Lord Jesus!
Crying out to Him to save me and He did and has multiple times since, including from my own sins, washing my heart of them as I've bought them to the light and confessed them both to Him and to others. Maybe this is what other brethren experience in praying "Dear Father" and ending "in Jesus name we pray"? I honestly don't know. All I know is that it hasn't been my experience.

JesusBeliever

/Have you been reading the thread?
Is Jesus 'real', to you? Didn't you state that Jesus is God?
Yes, sorry I was about to add a P.S. to savagewind when your reply came in and this is it.
Sister, if the Lord Jesus stood in the flesh before me, I would be like the disciple Thomas who fell at His feet and said:

"...My Lord and my God." John 20:28

Can you recall what His reply to Thomas was?
Coz it wasn't this:

"Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God." Revelation 22:9

Or this:

...depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity." Luke 13:27

Do you wanna finish this off for me sister? Please, pretty please? :hugehug:

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, ..." John 20:29

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I forgot someone has made you The Judge.

Do you not realize that your governing body teach that Jesus will kill his brothers at Judgement Day?
Isn't anyone his family who "does the will of God"? You must be far, far gone if you actually trust the governing body when they say they are alone doing God's will.

So, people are doing God's will and Jesus will kill them because they didn't join your group.

You don't answer the question.....evasion noted.

And, the Bible sets the standards, not me. -- 1 John 3:10-15

Disingenuous, much?

What is "the will of God"? (Did you forget?) Is it for Christians to join the world and kill others?