• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's pray for the worst in Pakistan!

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Herez guys!
I'm really offended by all replies...
I didn't mean to put ur suggestion before, i mean to pray for such a worst situation, and that is violence!
plz say some praying words for violences happening all around n those who r not involved such activities r also suffering......

What is mean to post, at least pray in ur own words!
but no one response better here, really offend!

Hey, I didn't write anything offensive and I don't think anyone else was trying to be offensive either. :confused:

A little self control could go a long way.
What is happening in pakistan shows islam in a very very poor light and gives a shining example of the error basing anything in this world, let alone an entire country on religion. its a recipe for human misery.

vandervalley

Another way for the violence to end is to spread the teaching of Buddha in Pakistan.

Remember that Pakistan (as well as Afghanistan) was a Buddhist country in the very beginning.

People who believe in Karmic laws will be less likely to commit violence against others since they are wise enough to know that whatever they do to others will eventually be done onto themselves.

summia

Scriptural reader
A little self control could go a long way.
What is happening in pakistan shows islam in a very very poor light .
No u really missed the truth....
These r those poeple that don't know abt Islam very well...
Therefore need prayer for them....

U know there r balcksheeps in every religion that don't understand their religion and proceed to worng....

Example:
When u need to drive a car for test, n u (may Allah mighty don't do so) ur car cllaspes who was at the Blame?
U.....
coz u r not a good driver, u must not blame Islam coz Islam is pure but some poeple among Muslims don't know how to apply Islam Shariyaa.....

summia

Scriptural reader
Another way for the violence to end is to spread the teaching of Buddha in Pakistan.

Remember that Pakistan (as well as Afghanistan) was a Buddhist country in the very beginning.

People who believe in Karmic laws will be less likely to commit violence against others since they are wise enough to know that whatever they do to others will eventually be done onto themselves.
Yeah !
U may blame to Pakistan, its because most of poeple hav leave Islamic vakues....

and I'm not happy to be a Pakistani....
Reallyy!!!!

summia

Scriptural reader
Hey, I didn't write anything offensive and I don't think anyone else was trying to be offensive either. :confused:
U did not, but most of them refused to pray....
but its okay now, coz their God n our God is defferent....:sad:
I was not aware of such fact...

No u really missed the truth....
These r those poeple that don't know abt Islam very well...
Therefore need prayer for them....

U know there r balcksheeps in every religion that don't understand their religion and proceed to worng....

Example:
When u need to drive a car for test, n u (may Allah mighty don't do so) ur car cllaspes who was at the Blame?
U.....
coz u r not a good driver, u must not blame Islam coz Islam is pure but some poeple among Muslims don't know how to apply Islam Shariyaa.....
British laws seem to work well enough maybe you should invite us back to run things again, its partly our fault. unfinished business when we left.
We could try and inject a bit of sanity into things.

UnityNow101

Who can blame President Musharraf for wanting to dismantle the radical Red Mosque? They have had ties with al-Qaeda and have been calling for the assasination of Musharraf since his announcement to support the "War on Terror." The Mosque also has close ties to the tribal regions in Pakistan where it is believed that Osama bin Laden may be in hiding...What if they have information that the leaders know where bin Laden is? Let's not judge the decision until we see the results and if this is in some way tied to the reigning in of bin Laden...Let's hope and pray that this is what is at the root of Musharraf's decision to dismantle the Mosque.

maro

muslimah
U did not, but most of them refused to pray....
i pray for all my muslim brothers , sister and every sincere muslim pray for them in his daily prayers without even being asked ,we don't really need to ask others to pray for us , do we ?
but its okay now, coz their God n our God is defferent....I was not aware of such fact...
yeah , me too but after joining the RF , i used to listen to things like (your God _ MY GOD _ their gods ) and things like ( if you are not satisfied , change your GOD _ people's Gods _ and finally , i won't pray because you want me to pray for your God ,but our Gods are really distinct )

religion has no place in politics.
Anyway if those idiots want to carry on like that in the name of there religion let em i say.
lambs to the slaughter.
They have probably been brainwashed into this insanity since birth.
Waste of a life really.
Still theres a fool born every minuite.

Isabella Lecour

I can not pray the OP's prayer. I am not a member of that religion and I do not honour that particular God. The prayer as written is a plea but I don't need such as I don't have that view of my relations with the Gods.

What caught my eye about this thread was the title "Let's pray for the worst in Pakistan!" I can not see how someone can ethicly pray such a prayer and yet somehow the prayer and the title of the thread don't match. What gives?

I am wondering if there is a problem in the expression of the idea in English.
I think the OP's first language isn't English which maybe the cause of the confusion.

As to the Gods, there are many Gods. I understand that this is not the view of Islam but understand it is the view of my religion. Please respect that.

As to me praying to releave suffering around the world, I would be praying a very different prayer than the one suggested. I am also sure that such a prayer that I would pray would offend various Gods, religions and people for the simple reason that I would be praying to my Gods to take actions among people who do not worship them, not to mention that their own Gods would get upset. I again find this ethicly troublesome.

I don't wish people to suffer but I understand that suffering is an aspect of life and can not always be avoided.

vandervalley

What caught my eye about this thread was the title "Let's pray for the worst in Pakistan!" I can not see how someone can ethicly pray such a prayer and yet somehow the prayer and the title of the thread don't match. What gives?

I am wondering if there is a problem in the expression of the idea in English.
I think the OP's first language isn't English which maybe the cause of the confusion.

actually you can comprehend the sentence this way.

"worst" in this case is a noun which means the red mosque incident.

So; in another word; the OP wants people to pray for "the incident of red mosque" in Pakistan.

love

tri-polar optimist
I feel so small and insignificant, but I honestly care for the individuals caught up in this disaster by no fault of their own. People who want to live and let live. I pray every day that God will protect the innocent and expose to the world the servants of evil. These servants of evil will soon be with their master, but he is not the God of love. Their legacy will live on in the young hearts and minds they have corrupted and the cycle continues. The lambs remain silent while the butchers lead them to the slaughter.

UnityNow101

I pray for the ones that are caught up in the situation as well, but you must look at it from Musharraf's perspective. There were calls from this Mosque calling for the assasination of Mr. Musharraf...It also has ties to the tribal regions where Osama bin Laden is believed to be in hiding. What if this operation turns up information leading to the capture of bin Laden?

love

tri-polar optimist
Religion and politics. WOW! (Or should I say POW!) Does the Mosque endorse any means to achieve this objective? Are lies and deception a means to an end? How many must die before the void is filled?