• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's be Honest

ForeverFaithful

Son Worshiper
I've heard statement after statement that have contradicted each other in reguards to the Catholic position on Orthodox (East and Oriental), Anglican and Protestant Christans

Are they legit Christian?
Are they damned for all eternity?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Yes, for the first and I have no idea for the second. I can't even tell you if catholics are going to heaven or hell.

Renji

You could post those statements here and we'll try to explain that.

about:
Are they legit Christian?

According to my dictionary, one who seeks Christ within his heart can be considered a Christian.

Are they damned for all eternity?

In the Catholic faith, no one can tell if one is damned to hell for all eternity. Neither can anyone be assured of his salvation (one must work hard for it). And I am not in position to throw judgment to others.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The Catholic church has positions on all faiths.
The degree to which it considers other Churches to be "Christian" varies.
The Orthodox are accepted completely. Christian Unitarians are rejected completely.
Most others are accepted to be within God's greater Church, but not in Communion with Rome. It accepts only Trinitarian Baptism.

Last edited: