• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

legitimate or?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Quakerism isn't popular anywhere yet I gave it a chance so I would say so. I gave Wicca a chance despite it not being popular where I am at. I gave Islam a chance despite it not being popular where i am at.So yes I gave Christianity a chance and popularity had nothing to do with it.

Currently I'm areligious but I've always been impressed with Quakers.

"Angel and the Bad Man" with John Wayne was pretty cool if you ever watched it. Very old movie. The few Quakers I've met were pretty decent folks as well.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
To me, I think i wouldn't give it a chance, if it wasn't popular. I'd consider it a cult.
I'm cool with that. But be aware some Christians would consider Paganism to be a cult. In my opinion all religions can be consider cults. The only difference between most cults and religion is how it is view which can differ depending on the person viewing the religion or theology.

VoidCat

Currently I'm areligious but I've always been impressed with Quakers.

"Angel and the Bad Man" with John Wayne was pretty cool if you ever watched it. Very old movie. The few Quakers I've met were pretty decent folks as well.
We're a nice bunch usually.SPICES(simplicity,peace,intergrity,compassion,equality and stewardship) are known Quaker values so it isn't a surprise that we tend to be ok people.never seen that might watch it.

syo

I'm cool with that. But be aware some Christians would consider Paganism to be a cult. In my opinion all religions can be consider cults. The only difference between most cults and religion is how it is view which can differ depending on the person viewing the religion or theology.
yes, that is correct.

VoidCat

yes, that is correct.
Some Christians consider Quakerism to be a cult as well.Or certain forms of Christianity tend to find different forms of it to be cultish.I see nothing wrong with being called a cult member through according to your definition I don't consider my beliefs to be a cult.Nor do I consider Paganism to be a cult.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Is christianity legitimate? Does it have any value or is it just popular?

Personally, I don't know. Would someone care about christianity if it wasn't popular?

Honestly from a Jewish POV, no. It's a bastardization of Judaism. A few Jews I've talk to about this know it but I suppose they are very polite about the whole thing. Not that I'm promoting Judaism but it seems pretty obvious to me from reading the Bible.

However religion is what people make of it, so if it helps them, makes them a better person maybe that makes it legitimate enough. We all have to get through this living process and if religion helps you with that I suppose that makes it legitimate enough.

Christianity was kind of forced on most. Other religions were persecuted. By the time I showed up in the world it was accepted by most as the truth. Takes a while to question what everyone around you is claiming as the truth.

syo

Some Christians consider Quakerism to be a cult as well.Or certain forms of Christianity tend to find different forms of it to be cultish.I see nothing wrong with being called a cult member through according to your definition I don't consider my beliefs to be a cult.Nor do I consider Paganism to be a cult.
The Orthodox christians consider every single religion outside their own to be a cult. No joke. The Orthodox christians are some millions. Does their number make them correct? Are we all cultists but them?

VoidCat

The Orthodox christians consider every single religion outside their own to be a cult. No joke. The Orthodox christians are some millions. Does their number make them correct? Are we all cultists but them?
Are you sure they all believe this or does the official church believe this?Have you ever talk or try to look at the views of many orthodox Christians?As in tried to understand them and their beliefs?Not just one of them either one person doesn't reflect all orthodox christians views. I mean like a number of them bout 9 or 10 and really looked into their beliefs?

Last edited:

VoidCat

Exactly. the Romans formed a lot of christianity altering Judaism and adding paganistic views. Am I allowed to say it openly?
I'm not exactly sure I agree but I will not state my views on how most of Christianity was formed at this time for I have not the time or energy.And yes I believe you can say that. As long as you aren't trying to debate in a non-debating forum.I wouldn't through it could cause a debate.

VoidCat

Honestly from a Jewish POV, no. It's a bastardization of Judaism. A few Jews I've talk to about this know it but I suppose they are very polite about the whole thing. Not that I'm promoting Judaism but it seems pretty obvious to me from reading the Bible.

However religion is what people make of it, so if it helps them, makes them a better person maybe that makes it legitimate enough. We all have to get through this living process and if religion helps you with that I suppose that makes it legitimate enough.

Christianity was kind of forced on most. Other religions were persecuted. By the time I showed up in the world it was accepted by most as the truth. Takes a while to question what everyone around you is claiming as the truth.
I meant to quote this in the above post.I do agree christainty was forced on most in some times.In the beginning through Christians were persecuted

syo

does the official church believe this?
1000000000%.

And the orthodox believers think the christian orthodox god is real, others are fake. no joke. and they view catholics for example as misled. all christians who are not orthodox are misled and they are going to hell, according to them.

VoidCat

1000000000%.

And the orthodox believers think the christian orthodox god is real, others are fake. no joke. and they view catholics for example as misled. all christians who are not orthodox are misled and they are going to hell.
Are you showing their views properly then or misrepresenting them?Because believing your religion to be the only truth is not the same as believing all other beliefs as cults Nor is it the same as being bigoted. Most atheists believe that their is no God and that only Atheism is true...Does this mean that most atheists believe anyone to believe in God to be cultish and are bigoted towards people who believe in God?

VoidCat

I noticed you only quoted the official church part...Do all orthodox Christians agree with the church 100% on everything or is that only most or some?