• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left wingers in USA seem to be more imperialist fascists than right wingers nowadays

Then your political approach is to let parts of America collapse, and let the chips fall where they may. This kind of sabotage is unacceptable. The free market won't fix these problems. Right wing extremism is a huge threat to America's future. I think you all want the chaos and destruction for some odd reason.
How about naming a bill Infrastructure and actually dedicate ALL the money to infrastructure. Where do you come up with your logic?

F1fan

Veteran Member
How about naming a bill Infrastructure and actually dedicate ALL the money to infrastructure. Where do you come up with your logic?
My logic? You're calling infrastructure investment a waste of money. You've yet to explain why it is a waste. As I've noted our civilization being able to function NEEDS its infrastructure, and it has been neglected too long, mostly for tax cuts to the wealthy. Gotta pay the piper eventually.

My logic? You're calling infrastructure investment a waste of money. You've yet to explain why it is a waste. As I've noted our civilization being able to function NEEDS its infrastructure, and it has been neglected too long, mostly for tax cuts to the wealthy. Gotta pay the piper eventually.
You didn’t even understand what I said, amazing, the post number is 101. That’s comical too

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
God provided the resources and they are in the ground. US is rich, but here we are closing pipelines and drilling operations. Wasting money on “Covid relief” and “Infrastructure” which all were a cover for more wasteful spending and the social justice education scam. The result is inflation through the roof, trillions more debt.
That totally ignores the fact we live in a finite world.
Most of that is wildly grasping at straws and not even related to what I asked.

That totally ignores the fact we live in a finite world.
Most of that is wildly grasping at straws and not even related to what I asked.
Already addressed what you said, it’s about using the best tech for the application and not an all or nothing approach, which it seems you ignore.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The earth is constantly producing oil and gas and will continue till the earth is destroyed by fire as the Bible says. Then a New Heaven and New Earth where righteousness dwells.
"Unfortunately, human society is—for the time being—dependent on nonrenewable resources as its primary source of energy. Approximately 80 percent of the total amount of energy used globally each year comes from fossil fuels. We depend on fossil fuels because they are energy-rich and relatively cheap to process. But a major problem with fossil fuels, aside from their being in limited supply, is that burning them releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Rising levels of heat-trapping carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is the main cause of global warming."
Nonrenewable Resources
The Earth is exhausted - we're using up its resources faster than it can provide | DW | 01.08.2017

"Unfortunately, human society is—for the time being—dependent on nonrenewable resources as its primary source of energy. Approximately 80 percent of the total amount of energy used globally each year comes from fossil fuels. We depend on fossil fuels because they are energy-rich and relatively cheap to process. But a major problem with fossil fuels, aside from their being in limited supply, is that burning them releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Rising levels of heat-trapping carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is the main cause of global warming."
Nonrenewable Resources
The Earth is exhausted - we're using up its resources faster than it can provide | DW | 01.08.2017
It’s not global warming anymore because that didn’t pan out due to cyclical weather patterns. So the name has been climate changed to continue
the folly.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Already addressed what you said, it’s about using the best tech for the application and not an all or nothing approach, which it seems you ignore.
No, you have totally ignored the question of natural resource depletion because we live in a finite world.

No, you have totally ignored the question of natural resource depletion because we live in a finite world.
Like saying we will run out of sand, people etc. Our resources keep regenerating themselves. But of course the earth is finite as I said will come to an end and that is determined by the Creator, until then we will have seed time and harvest as long as we bother to plant.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
For all so many, politics is far more important than science even in the science arena. Anyone who believes that this is not happening largely because of higher levels of CO2 and methane gas is pretty much a lost cause because either they're not paying attention to the science or they just don't care what the science says because the talking heads on Fox say something different. With the latter, it makes as much sense as having a root canal performed by a plumber.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Shadow Wolf said:

We are running out of resources

No we aren’t unless you listen to fear mongers.
If you use something faster than it's replaced it will become scarcer, more expensive, and eventually run out. This is common sense. How would you refute it?
The earth is constantly producing oil and gas and will continue till the earth is destroyed by fire as the Bible says. Then a New Heaven and New Earth where righteousness dwells.
Elisha, this is just absurd. The oil and gas we're mining was produced over millions of years, and we're using it at thousands of times the rate of any 'new' production. We've already drilled most of the easily accessed sites. New sites are in difficult and expensive to access, hazardous or environmentally sensitive areas.
Fossil fuels contribute to global warming, and need to be phased out as much as possible.

I wouldn't rely on the Bible as a guide to history, science or technology. The Bible is not evidence-based, it's folklore.
Why do you believe the Bible's account of the second coming and destruction of Earth, but not Tolkien's book about the defeat of Sauron and fall of Mordor?
I don’t think you understand the law of love or how to apply it.
OK.... What is this 'Law' of Love? What does it do and how does it work? Please explain.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Can anybody point me to a passage in the Bible saying that God continuously creates new oil and gas deposits in the Earth's crust?

Anybody?

Friend of Mara

You don't mean the voting system, that works fine. You mean the 2 party political system.
No the voting system as well. You can't really change the 2 party system until we change the way voting works. Instant run-off or ranked voting would at least give 3rd parties a chance. But a winner take all system means that eventually only 2 parties will remain standing.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Like saying we will run out of sand, people etc. Our resources keep regenerating themselves. But of course the earth is finite as I said will come to an end and that is determined by the Creator, until then we will have seed time and harvest as long as we bother to plant.
A lot resources take millions of years to be created. Many things are running out.
And most of the world doesn't believe the same as you do. We know things are running around amd we are working to better things.
So, once again, humans have bested the God of Abraham.

exchemist

Veteran Member
No the voting system as well. You can't really change the 2 party system until we change the way voting works. Instant run-off or ranked voting would at least give 3rd parties a chance. But a winner take all system means that eventually only 2 parties will remain standing.
Yes, that is a fair point.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No, it isn't like saying we will run out of sand and people.

Seriously dude, you should have at least perused some of those articles.
We're using our resources faster than they can replenish (which takes millions of years, by the way).

No, it isn't like saying we will run out of sand and people.

Seriously dude, you should have at least perused some of those articles.
We're using our resources faster than they can replenish (which takes millions of years, by the way).
Scientist really don’t know for sure and all theory as with the views of science concerning the age of the earth and creation, which is why the science is ever changing. I have a different view from the Creator.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Scientist really don’t know for sure and all theory as with the views of science concerning the age of the earth and creation, which is why the science is ever changing. I have a different view from the Creator.
They know more than you do, apparently.
You could always educate yourself though. ;)