• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving Religious Forums...for a time

Runlikethewind

Monk in Training
Greetings all. Although I have only been swimming the waters here at RF for a few months I am sad to say I have to get out of the pool. I have learned a great deal in my short time here and have enjoyed the many varied perspectives and lively conversations.

In any event, my title says "Monk in Training" and I am about to take the next step in that training process. I will be beginning the novitiate, which is sort of a monastic boot camp, here at St Martin's Benedictine Abbey in Lacy WA. As part of that my access to the 'outside world' will be strictly limited. That means I have to give up the internet which means no RF. This process lasts a full year and so you will have all forgotten about be by the time I am able to come back next year. I thought that I would have a few more weeks but as it turns out I may have to stop using the internet within the next few days or even sooner. So I guess this is my farewell for now. I hope to be back on in a year, but who knows where life may take me. I may come to enjoy life without the internet...maybe not:D

PeAcE and God's blessings on you all. It has been a wonderful experience for me here.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
May God's blessings be on you. We might not agree with each other's churches entirely but I will genuinely miss you. Please return when you can. I wish you well in your novitiate. Hopefully I haven't (or should that be have?) corrupted you too much with my Orthodox views.;)

Could you perhaps PM me with your Christian name before you go so that I might pray for you? I know you aren't Orthodox but I doubt that matters in this instant. I have heard often of the temptation of novices in particular and I think you may appreciate any prayers on your behalf. I will light a candle for you in the Liturgy.

La multi ani! Many years!

In Christ,

James

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i enjoyed the posts of yours that i read, some were very informative. thanks for joining the community, take care!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
In any event, my title says "Monk in Training" and I am about to take the next step in that training process. I will be beginning the novitiate, which is sort of a monastic boot camp, here at St Martin's Benedictine Abbey in Lacy WA. As part of that my access to the 'outside world' will be strictly limited. That means I have to give up the internet which means no RF. This process lasts a full year and so you will have all forgotten about be by the time I am able to come back next year. I thought that I would have a few more weeks but as it turns out I may have to stop using the internet within the next few days or even sooner. So I guess this is my farewell for now. I hope to be back on in a year, but who knows where life may take me. I may come to enjoy life without the internet...maybe not:D
Wow! Awesome! I wish you the best in your studies and on your chosen path. You have always been such a good example of a Christian. It has been a pleasure to talk to you.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Hate to see you go Runlikethewind, but I really admire what you're doing
icon14.gif

Take care and hope to see you here again.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
You are not leaving Just moving on.
You have left all your posts behind and some memories.

God Bless you in all you do.

lunamoth

Will to love
Not sure if you will see this Run, but I have really enjoyed your posts and will miss you.

Best wishes in your vocation!

luna

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
hi.gif
Run. I was away when you posted that you were
leaving RF. I am glad you are back though. Are you staying
with us or is this temporary?