• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

lazarus

King Phenomenon

raised after 4 days of being dead. wow. think about that. he couldve prolly raised him after being dead for 80 years. sounds like jesus was an interesting man. if jesus returns after im gone hopefully he'll bring me back with him. thatd be sweet

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
raised after 4 days of being dead. wow. think about that. he couldve prolly raised him after being dead for 80 years. sounds like jesus was an interesting man. if jesus returns after im gone hopefully he'll bring me back with him. thatd be sweet
Jesus will raise dead people all the way back starting with Abel.
Since one's death is the complete total asking price for sin (Romans 6:23,7) then if you're ' gone' he will bring you back because both the righteous and the unrighteous will be resurrected - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Only wicked people will be destroyed - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22 - destroyed forever.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Since one's death is the complete total asking price for sin (Romans 6:23,7) then if you're ' gone' he will bring you back because both the righteous and the unrighteous will be resurrected - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
Only wicked people will be destroyed - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22 - destroyed forever.
I'm just imagining waking up from oblivion *gasping* black returns to light, the blue sky above me, I'm laying in an open coffin in my dug-up grave. The nicest man I've ever met is there, bearded and long hair, crouching beside and holding me in his arms. "Welcome back, Sum." he says with much warmth in his voice. Such a lovely thought.

Wish I believed in it.

Colt

He probably ended up dying from the same disease that killed him the first time. Thats the downside to being resurrected miraculously, you still have to die again.

Truth in love

The resurrection is a free gift to all. If you live you die. If you die you will be resurrected.

Quality of life post resurrection does vary depending upon our choices.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
" Romans 6:23,7 ,Acts of the Apostles 24:15"

Just to be warned that the verses "Romans 6:23,7 , Acts of the Apostles 24:15 "* are not from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, please. Right?
First the followers of Yeshua must quote , for a meaningful discussion/debate verse/verses from Yeshua, and then the discussion debate be within the purview of such verses, not out of its context , please, right?
If not done so, the result would be most certainly misleading, please, right?

Regards

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
You are taking the account to be historical. Most people don't. It is a legend, not a fact.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
May I suggest you try a good study Bible? The Catholic bible you refer to has long been outdated and is not reliable.
I googled for " Was Jesus a Catholic?, and the very first entry I get is:

"Of course, Jesus was a Jew. He was born of a Jewish mother, in Galilee, a Jewish part of the world. All of his friends, associates, colleagues, disciples, all of them were Jews. He regularly worshipped in Jewish communal worship, what we call synagogues."
He Was Born, Lived And Died As A Jew | From Jesus To Christ
https://www.pbs.org › pages › frontline › shows › religion

There is no mention of the "Catholic Jesus" or the " Catholic Bible" that (Jesus) Yeshua-the Israelite Messiah did read from or commanded to read from, please, right?

If Jesus could do without "(NT) Bible Study", isn't it futile to study/read it, please? Right?

Regards

Last edited:

pearl

There is no mention of the "Catholic Jesus" or the " Catholic Bible" that (Jesus) Yeshua-the Israelite Messiah did read from or commanded to read from, please, right?

The Catholic translation you refer to is an English translation of the Latin Vulgate, not of manuscripts in the original Biblical languages – a distinction that leads a few lingering Tridentine die-hards to prefer it to the newer translations.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

"Of course, Jesus was a Jew. He was born of a Jewish mother, in Galilee, a Jewish part of the world. All of his friends, associates, colleagues, disciples, all of them were Jews. He regularly worshipped in Jewish communal worship, what we call synagogues."

If Jesus could do without "(NT) Bible Study", isn't it futile to study/read it, please? Right?

Regards

Jesus also did without indoor plumbing or the internet, but I'd still recommend both.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
pearl said:
May I suggest you try a good study Bible? The Catholic bible you refer to has long been outdated and is not reliable.

paarsurrey said:

The Catholic translation you refer to is an English translation of the Latin Vulgate, not of manuscripts in the original Biblical languages – a distinction that leads a few lingering Tridentine die-hards to prefer it to the newer translations.
Did Yeshua - the Israelite Messiah had anything to do with the "Catholic English Translation" and or the the "Latin Vulgate" etc., all of these being work of the Hellenist Paulines who had doctored the anonymous gospels narratives to such an extent that Pagan mythology became grafted onto the biography of Jesus*, it transpires to one, please? Right?

Regards
*"Pagan mythology became grafted onto the biography of Jesus. It was this school of Christianity that was adopted by the Roman Empire in the 4th century CE, becoming Roman Catholicism and all its subsequent offshoots."
Ref: THE JESUS MYSTERIES, Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy, HarperCollins Publishers, London, UK, 2000, pp. 6-8.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
URAVIP2ME said:

paarsurrey said:
" Romans 6:23,7 ,Acts of the Apostles 24:15"

Just to be warned that the verses "Romans 6:23,7 , Acts of the Apostles 24:15 "* are not from (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, please. Right?
First the followers of Yeshua must quote , for a meaningful discussion/debate verse/verses from Yeshua, and then the discussion debate be within the purview of such verses, not out of its context , please, right?
If not done so, the result would be most certainly misleading, please, right?

Regards

One's suggestion is welcome, please.
One of my Catholic friend did arrange for me a "Bible Study" correspondence course many years ago and I happily joined it, but after some sessions they themselves discontinued it without telling me any reasons, please, right?

Regards

pearl

Jesus was born, lived, taught, and died a Jew. He taught nothing pertaining to
. His mission was to the Jews only, to renew his own religion, not to start another. He certainly studied Torah and interpreted it anew.

Without which we today would have absolutely no idea of a person called Jesus.

According to your source what you are denying is that there is not and never has been an historical Jesus. You cannot have it both ways. It is not only the Roman Catholic Church, but also the Orthodox churches believing in Jesus. As for Paul if you acknowledge the dating of the Gospels, you'll realize Paul was the first to write. Is there mythology concering Jesus in the Christian Scriptures, yes. The historical man named 'Jesus' was an eschatological Jewish prophet whose original disciples(A.D. 30's) knew him only as such, and whom the post-apostolic (i.e. non-apostolic) Hellenistic church (late first century A.D.) deified as the Son of God: "Jesus proclaimed the Kingdom of God...,...the kerygma of the Hellenistic church proclaimed Jesus as the crucified and risen Christ"
the two predominating cultural influences which shaped each New Testament document: [a] the historical Jesus dressed in the mythical garb of the Gnostic "heavenly redeemer"