• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kundalini energisation

I’m starting this thread to invite direct experience on kundalini energisation. The theory is taken as known but what is the actuality of the activation and how it impacts our state of being, assisting in spiritual development?

Alright, let me initiate the discussion then:

Prior to the year 2017-18 or so, I had no kundalini experience and was more or less engaged in the material world. However, I always felt a sense of not being complete, not living authentically, since head and heart were in conflict. So, one day I just chose to stop the game of oneupmanship and gentle touch, align with the truth impulse within.

No sooner I shifted in thought, word and deed, attempting to correct my consciousness if it oscillated, say, in less than a month or so, I began to feel a magnetic pulsation within, generating heat and kind of making me feel that the nervous system may burst under force of the energy. It was a slow buildup but unmistakable.

At that time, I did not know what the kundalini was, so I took it as a medical condition, a bit strange but perhaps not requiring me to see a doctor right away. Around that time, I came into contact with a senior from my college and was told that he is a medium. For no reason at all, I shared with him about the magnetic energy within and he told me what it was and that there is no cause to worry. Simultaneously, on searching the net, I stumbled upon spiritualforums, a website where people share their experiences on such and other matters. I found then that this was possibly the kundalini so I read about it here and there. Others on the forum shared their profound experiences, which was all quite amazing and defying logic.

Around that time, I began receiving telepathic guidance spontaneously on basic truths, guiding me how I should react or in fact, not react to challenges earth life presents and to relinquish attachment. Although these communications surprised me, I received them with humility and acceptance.

One day or rather at night, I woke up and found my body highly charged magnetically. Then, in the waking state, I felt an energy at what we now know as the root or Muladhara chakra stir and then it went up in a single swoosh to the crown or Sahasrara. I ‘saw’ the liquified energy pass through a small orifice in the crown and I received guidance that if I too wished to pass through, I mus5 agree to dissolve in the stream, essentially like a leap of faith into possible death but the choice was mine.

Now, what prompted me to agree, I cannot say but I did and so I passed through the orifice in the crown, where I saw a multi petalled purple flower and purple mists or clouds all around. Going through, I entered an inky black void, a field of oneness, where as yet in duality though formless, I could communicate with a ‘higher being or God’, whatever we wish to term it as. I had questions and they were all answered. I saw visuals as required, to satisfy my curiosity.

After a while, when the immersion was over, I found myself back in my body, in bed. This was my first experience, followed up later by many more and in different ways.

Yokefellow

There are some who believe that Kundalini is in fact a form of antimatter, perhaps the anti-electron (Positron).

When matter and antimatter collide, they annihilate each other, thus, Kundalini could be very dangerous to those that experiment with its power.

If One were to actually harness its energy, they could potentially use it as a deadly weapon against someone or maybe they could start a fire.

I did a quick search just to see what I could find. This caught my attention...

Kundalini Antimatter.png

Be careful @Unseeking seeker .

@ Yokefellow ~ that’s a new one! Essentially what happens in the kundalini energisation process is that our polarities, which got separated, causing differentiated perception, they attempt to reunite. The one that became two becomes one again.

Now, the manner of energisation is such that it works its way from grosser to subtler vibrations, dissolving all past beliefs, desires and fears slowly. Hence, root corresponding to earth, sacral, the water element to orange, navel, fire to yellow, heart air element to green, throat, representing aether to blue, third eye to indigo and crown to violet, just like the colours of a rainbow.

Each chakra corresponds to a certain type of fear or attachment. That is why, we hear of kundalini trauma, because we resist or are unwilling to let go. Forced awakening through Shaktipat or by invocation too is inadvisable in my view, since we must first be ready to receive, for which heart needs to be purified, meaning, be made childlike, innocent.

Anyway, since this thread is about direct experience, let’s leave views aside, which includes my own too and get on with what actually happens as felt in the body. We live here, so whatever is, has to manifest here too, if transformation is to take place, leaving all concepts aside.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Well, I could go on but am looking for some inputs from others who wish to share their direct experience with kundalini energisation.
Most people with such experiences don't share. There are most likely better on-line forums where there are people who do share. Good luck in finding them.

@ Vinayaka ~ well, I don’t think people are reticent, on spiritualforums.com for example, many have shared their experiences. We learn from each other and grow. Also, YouTube is replete with examples of kundalini awakening, some offhand, whilst others are more advanced and have become teachers even, like Igor Kufayev, Christopher Wallis and so on.

In sharing what can happen? At worst someone will disagree or express disbelief or maybe even ridicule. Hardly matters.

Alright. I had intended a gradual, step by step discussion but since that’s not happening, I’ll leave you all with a summary of how it was in my case:

1. Magnetism arising from a centreless fulcrum within
  2. Heat or let us say, energy intensifying (Note: at any stage, we can request the universe to slow down, which it then does but in hindsight, it’s best to surrender and accept without resistance)
  3. Kundalini ascent in a single swoosh from root to crown, where we are presented a choice ~ if we wish to pass through the fontanel, through a small orifice in it, we must dissolve (die) in the stream of liquified energy
  4. Piercing the crown/fontanel, we see a multi petalled purple flower and go into the inky black void, which is alive and we can communicate therein, all questions are answered
  5. Several void experiences repeat. Disconcertment disappears
  6. We invite the totality of what is, inside us, inside this body.
  7. Hirayangarbha, the cosmic egg, in head ovoid splits. The one becomes two, polarised as Shiva and Shakti. They both descend via a conduit (Amrit nadi) to the heart centre. Union results in an explosion of bliss. The central vein, Sushumna is illumined with bliss in permanence, becoming an embodiment of being, just like our breath.
  8. At some stage, the energy rises again but not via Sushumna, which is a vertical funnel. This time, it takes a serpentine path via different chakras. The feeling is literally like a snake moving within us, upward. It enters physical eyes and converges between eyebrows. From there, the conjoined energies trickle upward through a fine capillary which connects to the fontanel.
  9. As we amble along, with several wisdom downloads and visual experiences thrown in here and there, at some stage karma (cause & effect) needs to be addressed. We are asked what we wish to do. Essentially, they relate to imbalances created by us in ignorance but well, they are there, here. Depending upon our response (I’ll prefer not to share mine), karma is dissolved. Here, it is clarified that there are three types of karma ~ 1) accumulated over past lives 2) what we agree at soul level to address in this life and 3) new karma generated in thus life. 1 & 3 are erased but 2 cannot be, we need to go through it. Why? Because it has already been impulsed in linear time, in other words, all we are experiencing has already happened but that’s another debate.
  10. We enter a realm where a gatekeeper of lower realms offers Siddhis (powers, boons) requiring indulgence in different realms. If we decline, we ‘progress’.
  11. Our spine is re-energised. This time the power is thunderous and somewhat violent, involving involuntary shaking of head but we can ask Divine Mother* (*communication is possible) to gentle the initiation. An energy transfer takes place. The entire spine, beyond medulla, Bindu point and crown, then dipping over guru chakra to third eye becomes a seamless energy implant of sorts.
  12. Along with all this, either before or later, we may ‘see’ ego or identity simply fall off, we actually see it fall off, just as a dead leaf falls off a tree. Then all that is, in a singularity is light of Self, soft white yet bright, renewing itself within itself, in time and space dissolved ineffable peace, without attribute, with unbounded freedom but yet with no urge to act since it is, as it is, complete. This is different from any previous samadhi experience since samadhi is passive* (we become the flame) and this is active (we are alive as the flame).
  13. As a brief interlude, going back, at some stage we may notice a flicker in space, coinciding instantly with activation of palms and soles of feet.
  14. Moving on, the embodied energy over back, that is from spine to crown, which dips over front of body to third eye, begins to extend slowly, creeping along the nose, lips, chin, neck, heart, navel, right down, sort of looping our form, dividing it into two vertical halves, represented in scriptures as Ardhnarishwara.
If anyone wants to discuss any point, most welcome.

vijeno

I don't want this to devolve into a debate on whether kundalini exists or not... which would be a fairly useless bit of talking in this context... but I feel like my way of relating to it very much informs the way I experience it - so in the way of full disclosure: I use kundalini as a metaphor for some specific psychophysiological phenomena, which you can create and influence through body/mind exercises.

I have been on this path for over 20 years now. It is fairly personal and eclectic.

My "practice", in the stricter sense, is mainly breathing and meditation, a bit of chakra work, maybe some affirmations, and almost total nofap.
I used to do PC exercises and mindful masturbation, but that fell by the wayside.

I never had any negative experience of it. No involuntary shaking, unnatural heat or cold, intrusive thoughts, whatever.

I feel energy pulsing through me. It makes me feel good, alive, sexy. It runs all through my torso with each breath. Most of the time, it goes up when I inhale, down when I exhale, but sometimes it changes direction, and for the most part, I don't try to control it. It happens almost by itself, when I just think of it.

Sometimes I get that "mindful" feeling of being in the moment, sometimes I get the "seeing through the matrix" or "all of this is not real" feelings.

In one word, it's pure bliss.

I try not to take those bliss states too serious. (If the ancient teachings are true, then those feelings are a part of maya. Otherwise, they're delusionary anyway. And I have an inkling that true enlightenment would probably make me rather less dogmatic and serious, rather than more.) I remember a few times when I thought I was truly enlightened. Haven't we all? Yeah. It ususally turns out to be quite temporary, lol.

Over many years, I found some ways to use that energy. Self-love and the healthy version of self-esteem have a lot to do with that.

However, my "spiritual practice" is much broader than just breathing exercises and asanas. It includes my diet, exercise, daily walks, affirmations and other "mental" work. Even getting enough quality sleep, letting go of luxury "needs", and getting off social media, falls into that category for me. How about my writing? It's really hard to say what is and isn't "practice". It is all-encompassing - that's part of the charm!

Edit:

Without additional "forcing", it never spreads to my head or my extremities. I can move it there, if I want to, but it takes a deliberate act. Full-body scans are part of my practice for that reason - they feel sooo good.

vijeno

I’m starting this thread to invite direct experience on kundalini energisation.
Just wanted to add: Thanks for the attempt! In my experience, it is sadly rather futile. Almost all people on forums are eager to spout opinions, maxims, beliefs and dogma, and only very rarely are people ready to talk about their real experiences. I've railed against this for years, until I finally accepted that I can't change it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
@ Vinayaka ~ well, I don’t think people are reticent, on spiritualforums.com for example, many have shared their experiences. We learn from each other and grow. Also, YouTube is replete with examples of kundalini awakening, some offhand, whilst others are more advanced and have become teachers even, like Igor Kufayev, Christopher Wallis and so on.

In sharing what can happen? At worst someone will disagree or express disbelief or maybe even ridicule. Hardly matters.
I meant Hindus. Yes, new-agers and SBNR will share ... a lot, I know. Hindus don't share because the belief that some of the power of the experience will be lost is there. That and the ego part. In the end I was just guessing why you weren't getting responses. Carry on.

Also, to focus on it isn't part of my sampradaya's teachings. Yes, it's there, and I know all about the chakras, but we sort of have a 'slow and steady wins the race' attitude with regard to kundalini rising. It is supposed to remain in the sushumna, and when you play around, it can rise in another less steady nadi, and cause harm. So we allow it to happen in a very natural way, without focus on it.

exchemist

Veteran Member
There are some who believe that Kundalini is in fact a form of antimatter, perhaps the anti-electron (Positron).

When matter and antimatter collide, they annihilate each other, thus, Kundalini could be very dangerous to those that experiment with its power.

If One were to actually harness its energy, they could potentially use it as a deadly weapon against someone or maybe they could start a fire.

I did a quick search just to see what I could find. This caught my attention...

Be careful @Unseeking seeker .
Please let’s keep quantum woo out of this.

There is no science in this thread, so let’s not pretend otherwise.

Last edited:
I don't want this to devolve into a debate on whether kundalini exists or not... which would be a fairly useless bit of talking in this context... but I feel like my way of relating to it very much informs the way I experience it - so in the way of full disclosure: I use kundalini as a metaphor for some specific psychophysiological phenomena, which you can create and influence through body/mind exercises.

it’s does not matter what we call it. What is, is. I used the term kundalini because it’s commonly used, that’s all. In fact, before the energisation I had not heard of kundalini at all. Of course, I have since read a fair amount about the kundalini.

I have been on this path for over 20 years now. It is fairly personal and eclectic.

My "practice", in the stricter sense, is mainly breathing and meditation, a bit of chakra work, maybe some affirmations, and almost total nofap.
I used to do PC exercises and mindful masturbation, but that fell by the wayside.

I never had any negative experience of it. No involuntary shaking, unnatural heat or cold, intrusive thoughts, whatever.
My experience has also been without trauma but others I know have experienced problems, part in the throat chakra.

About kriyas or involuntary shaking, that happened with me once and I was clearly told my Divine Mother that it is an energy transfer that needs to be completed, so I should cooperate.

Likewise, when male and female polarities were being balanced, it was disconcerting but then again I was telepathically counselled to relax and allow the process to unfold.

As such, it is a guided process.

I feel energy pulsing through me. It makes me feel good, alive, sexy. It runs all through my torso with each breath. Most of the time, it goes up when I inhale, down when I exhale, but sometimes it changes direction, and for the most part, I don't try to control it. It happens almost by itself, when I just think of it.

Sometimes I get that "mindful" feeling of being in the moment, sometimes I get the "seeing through the matrix" or "all of this is not real" feelings.

In one word, it's pure bliss.
Yes, bliss in permanence is what we get to. I have already described how it comes about. In my case, I was aware about the process, however it can happen that we don’t know what’s going on in the background.
I try not to take those bliss states too serious. (If the ancient teachings are true, then those feelings are a part of maya. Otherwise, they're delusionary anyway. And I have an inkling that true enlightenment would probably make me rather less dogmatic and serious, rather than more.) I remember a few times when I thought I was truly enlightened. Haven't we all? Yeah. It ususally turns out to be quite temporary, lol.

Over many years, I found some ways to use that energy. Self-love and the healthy version of self-esteem have a lot to do with that.

However, my "spiritual practice" is much broader than just breathing exercises and asanas. It includes my diet, exercise, daily walks, affirmations and other "mental" work. Even getting enough quality sleep, letting go of luxury "needs", and getting off social media, falls into that category for me. How about my writing? It's really hard to say what is and isn't "practice". It is all-encompassing - that's part of the charm!

Edit:

Without additional "forcing", it never spreads to my head or my extremities. I can move it there, if I want to, but it takes a deliberate act. Full-body scans are part of my practice for that reason - they feel sooo good.
I’ve never done any practice. Whatever happened or is still happening, is a spontaneous awakening.

Last edited:
I meant Hindus. Yes, new-agers and SBNR will share ... a lot, I know. Hindus don't share because the belief that some of the power of the experience will be lost is there. That and the ego part. In the end I was just guessing why you weren't getting responses. Carry on.

Also, to focus on it isn't part of my sampradaya's teachings. Yes, it's there, and I know all about the chakras, but we sort of have a 'slow and steady wins the race' attitude with regard to kundalini rising. It is supposed to remain in the sushumna, and when you play around, it can rise in another less steady nadi, and cause harm. So we allow it to happen in a very natural way, without focus on it.
I’m not into academics and theory although I have read a bit here and there. The practical unfoldment is such that there are no doubts and the knowing is clear, definitive and unmistakable.

Yokefellow

Please let’s keep quantum woo out of this.

There is no science in this thread, so let’s not pretend otherwise.

Since you decided to tell me what to do, I will do the same with you.

Next time you feel like posting something ignorant, rude and insulting, don't.

On a side note, after the direct and swift ascent of the kundalini from root to crown through the central vein, Sushumna and all that that goes with it, at a later stage, I experienced a slow, serpentine rise through alternate channels, referred to in scriptures as the Ida and Pingala. This ascent also begins at the root, at the Muladhara but goes through different chakras in a snake like movement, to and fro. I did not feel any trauma but yes, it was disconcerting. If we get startled, the energy may retract.

The liquified energy went through the physical eyes and converged between the eyebrows. From there, is a fine capillary rising up vertically along the periphery of the forehead, going along guru chakra* (*a curved spot after forehead ends and hairline begins - a little deeper in) and up to the crown.

As such, we may say that the Sushumna is a direct pathway and the secondary channels a curved path but both eventually get to the crown chakra.

On another forum I’m active on, I have come across instances of people who speak of blockage at different lower chakras. These have to do with fears. At each chakra, a question is posed, which in my understanding may be summarised as under:
  1. Root ~ do we prioritise the material or the ethereal?
  2. Sacral ~ what within is at the forefront, love or lust?
  3. Navel ~ domination or tenderness, attachment, do we fear death?
  4. Heart ~ animal nature or spiritual nature, can we forgive unconditionally and completely and become pure, childlike?
  5. Throat ~ do we go with our truth impulse or with ego (identity)?
  6. Third eye ~ do we prioritise logic or intuition, can we trust universal consciousness to steer our life?
  7. Crown ~ Are we willing to vaporise, metaphorically speaking, becoming formless awareness, void-centric?
There are other hidden chakras, which have to do with polarity balance, resolve, soma nectar activation, healing, earthing and so on. Everything unfolds automatically.

We may say, we are not meditating, we are being mediated upon. An intermediate aim is ego dissolution, after which we can see our true Self as living light, in a singularity.

vijeno

it’s does not matter what we call it. What is, is. I used the term kundalini because it’s commonly used, that’s all.

Yep, same here. I always try to keep some distance to esoteric concepts. But a lot of people get really hung up on those names, so I felt it necessary to add the disclaimer.

My experience has also been without trauma but others I know have experienced problems, part in the throat chakra.

I'm not part of any real-life spiritual group, so it makes sense that I know of nobody who had those problems. I know nobody who ever had a kundalini awakening, at all.

Yes, bliss in permanence is what we get to. I have already described how it comes about.

For me, it is a question of focusing on it. It gets easier and easier, and it happens on its own ever more often, but it's not permanent (yet). I think there are still lots of things to work through, for me, till I get there. (And I am very fine with that! You can't hasten those processes.)

I’ve never done any practice. Whatever happened or is still happening, is a spontaneous awakening.

That is the interesting difference here. I am naturally an intellectual, thinker, not connected to my body, wordy, nerdy, skeptical, anti-religious... the archetypical non-spiritual person, lol. So I guess it makes sense that it doesn't come natural to me.

wellwisher

Yep, same here. I always try to keep some distance to esoteric concepts. But a lot of people get really hung up on those names, so I felt it necessary to add the disclaimer.

I'm not part of any real-life spiritual group, so it makes sense that I know of nobody who had those problems. I know nobody who ever had a kundalini awakening, at all.

For me, it is a question of focusing on it. It gets easier and easier, and it happens on its own ever more often, but it's not permanent (yet). I think there are still lots of things to work through, for me, till I get there. (And I am very fine with that! You can't hasten those processes.)

That is the interesting difference here. I am naturally an intellectual, thinker, not connected to my body, wordy, nerdy, skeptical, anti-religious... the archetypical non-spiritual person, lol. So I guess it makes sense that it doesn't come natural to me.
I practiced some Kundalini Yoga back in the early 1980's, and had some vivid experiences that were unsettling. The most intense was during the breathing and visualization process, I felt like I was about to leave my body. I stopped with this research and decided to approach this from another angle; Psychology. I assumed there had to be a science explanation, but since first hand data is not allowed by the philosophy of science, this led me down a convoluted path, that brought me to the psychology of Carl Jung; collective unconscious and higher human potential.

The book from which I learned Kundalini Yoga, was from an Eastern Master. He made the point the Westerners were too stressed to allow the full flow of kundalini energy. He suggested a precursor yoga exercise he called chaotic meditation. The goal was to tire and relax the body, mind and heart so one could be empty and calm, before attempting Kundalini. I took the advice and it worked for me, a little too good. Then again I always had some psychic propensity; more unconscious access.

In chaotic mediation you begin by doing a chaotic dance that has no repeatable structure; jerky jazzy dance for 20 minutes. The idea is to disrupt the smooth or rhythmic patterns of movement. This is very tiring due to it being inefficient, moving while lacking symmetrical patterns. The next 20 minutes were designed to relaxed your heart; emotions, with a type of catharsis, where you randomly express emotions good and bad with no sense of order; laugh, cry, get angry, feel sad; etc. It is like over acting. This relaxes your heart so you feel nothing and can rest. Lastly, there is 20 minutes of calming the intellect with gibberish. You speak in tongues, so to speak, making up new words and weird sounds to disrupt the routines of structured language and thought. Lastly, after you are tired, you stop and try to exist in complete empty calm. When complete calm is achieved you are ready.

The way I started Kundalini, about two week later, was to do the chaotic medication routine, first, but for the forth rest cycle, which was now working, I would use that calm time, to focus on the Kundalini breathing and visualizing. It was from the contrast of tired calm, I could feel the subtle energy, which got stronger with practice.

At that time, I was in my 20's and I used to hang with a group of older women; early 30's, who were into mysticism and psychic phenomena. We were friends and I explained my interest in occult and mysticism, and demonstrated Kundalini Yoga affects by allowing them to feel their seven centers, using the energy in my hand. I would scan my hand, down their spine; six inches away, and by feeling which centers were most active, and what each centered represented, I would try to tell their fortunes. They were into that type of thing so they were open and receptive. I could also use that kundalini energy, through my hand, to induce centers as party tricks and for therapeutic energy rearrangement; guy and girl games.

About that time, the observational data was getting stronger until one day, at the end of the Kundalini visualization cycle, all my centers started to resonate and then expand and then overlap. My body felt like it was expanding like a balloon, and I was about to float out of my body. This had been one of my goals; astral projection, but once it was about to happen, I feared not being able to return, so I stopped cold turkey, to approach this unique data with a more western approach. Maybe if I had a Kundalini coach, I would gone for it. But doing his alone, it was too unsettling.

The chaotic mediation does help create a contrast so you can feel the subtle centers and get into focus to expand on that.