• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knowing God

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Did you just speak to yourself?

Can you tell me since you are motivated or told by your faith to do independent study and exploration, what are the signs of Ijaaz in the Qayyuum al Asma because that's the claim?

Did you explore independently? I mean that was your claim Bahai's do, and no one else does, so you should know this very well "because that's the claim". Did you ever independently explore this?

What are the signs of Ijaaz in the Qayyum al asma as the Bab claimed?

I do not spoon feed the functionally illiterate that cannot do their own homework, and not the issue of the thread.

The subject of yhe thread is the exclusive claims of how 'real',' knowledge og God,' and claims of turth and proof religions claim in comparison with other religions who make exclusive claims.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I do not spoon feed the functionally illiterate that cannot do their own homework, and not the issue of the thread.

The subject of yhe thread is the exclusive claims of how 'real',' knowledge og God,' and claims of turth and proof religions claim in comparison with other religions who make exclusive claims.

Okay so you dont know that part of your own faith (Bahai) as well. So far you have not explored any of these matters "independently" as you claimed only you do, but you also claimed "no other faith does". But see, here lies a Muslim who has explored your own faith but you don't seem to have.

Also you should know, every single question I asked you about Islam and the Bahai faith are directly related to the topic of this thread. Absolutely related. Knowledge of God. Only if you knew anything about anything I have said so far, you would have known that it is absolutely relevant to this topic.

Even from your faith, every question I asked is directly related to "Knowledge of God". That is why I asked them from you.

You dont know your own faith. Thus its absurd to tell others they dont do any independent exploration. You should know, you should not claim others have a thimble in their eye, while you have a plank in yours.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Okay so you dont know that part of your own faith (Bahai) as well. So far you have not explored any of these matters "independently" as you claimed only you do, but you also claimed "no other faith does". But see, here lies a Muslim who has explored your own faith but you don't seem to have.

Also you should know, every single question I asked you about Islam and the Bahai faith are directly related to the topic of this thread. Absolutely related. Knowledge of God. Only if you knew anything about anything I have said so far, you would have known that it is absolutely relevant to this topic.

Even from your faith, every question I asked is directly related to "Knowledge of God". That is why I asked them from you.

You dont know your own faith. Thus its absurd to tell others they dont do any independent exploration. You should know, you should not claim others have a thimble in their eye, while you have a plank in yours.

No responses on your part and nothing directly related to the topic.

firedragon

Veteran Member
No responses on your part and nothing directly related to the topic.

Everything is related to the topic and your comment that "Only Bahai's do independent exploration".

All of them. ;) But you are responding like this because you have not "independently explored" any of it. So you are blindly saying these are irrelevant. Thats called blind faith. So maybe the Bahai's dont really do any independent exploration. Thats just judging by your standards.

Jacob Samuelson

I owe you an apology. I misread your comments.

It's interesting to hear what you have to say, because I know very little about the LDS beliefs regarding Joseph Smith. My immediate reaction, however, is one of wariness, based on my belief that the holy scriptures are quite adequate in leading a person to salvation in Christ!

I don't blame you. I understand how being potentially grouped with another perspective that you don't hold to is disconcerting. I even agree that the Scriptures are essential for obtaining a testimony. Like you, I would like everyone to dig deep into understanding God through the scriptures and really understand what He has asked us to do and to gain faith in Him by following His plan laid out for us. Keep it up!

InChrist

Free4ever
I was referring to scholarship. I can see you are not interested in scholarship so I withdraw from that conversation.

Thanks for engaging.
I am referring to scholarship, also. I simply reject calling redaction criticism and higher criticism legitimate scholarship, when the intent is to approach the biblical text with a skeptical attitude and to disregard or discredit the claims the Bible makes regarding authorship, historicity, or dating.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Everything is related to the topic and your comment that "Only Bahai's do independent exploration".

All of them. ;) But you are responding like this because you have not "independently explored" any of it. So you are blindly saying these are irrelevant. Thats called blind faith. So maybe the Bahai's dont really do any independent exploration. Thats just judging by your standards.

In a previous two responses to your question concerning atheists and the Baha'i Faith I answered your questions.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

No I DID NOT say that. The above is dishonest. I said it was a principle of the Baha'i Faith and you need to question all knowledge as transitory and evolves with tim including ones one justification of belief. Actually the Unitarian Universalist represent a belif system that leaves all issues of belief open to question. The Vaha'i Faith considers knowledge both science and spiritual knowledge as chaning over time

The problem came up when you challenged some to question if the they could be wrong. I belief it is reality that by fall most Jews, Christians and Muslims do not consider it a possibility that they are wrong..

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
I am referring to scholarship, also. I simply reject calling redaction criticism and higher criticism legitimate scholarship, when the intent is to approach the biblical text with a skeptical attitude and to disregard or discredit the claims the Bible makes regarding authorship, historicity, or dating.

Redaction criticism is higher criticism. But no problem. I understand you dont like scholarship. Thats fine.

By the way, the scholars I gave you are not skeptics. They are Christian. especially Baukham and Metzger. They are conservative, Christian scholars. The source you gave is an evangelical website. They are not NT scholars.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I said it was a principle of the Baha'i Faith and you need to question all knowledge as transitory and evolves with tim including ones one justification of belief.

But you dont know even about the Bahai faith. I asked you so many questions regarding the Bahai faith, and you have not done any kind of questioning whatsoever. You cant answer a single question.

You have not questioned even the Bahai faith. So how could you make such huge claims about other faiths?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
But you dont know even about the Bahai faith. I asked you so many questions regarding the Bahai faith, and you have not done any kind of questioning whatsoever. You cant answer a single question.

You have not questioned even the Bahai faith. So how could you make such huge claims about other faiths?

Nothing of meaning.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Nothing of meaning.

Tell me. what is the Ijaaz of the Qayyum al Asma? At least can you give me the meaning?

What does Bahaullah refer to as akram rasool in the book of akdhas? And why? Whats the meaning?

I mean, you should know the meaning to say "nothing of meaning". These are Bahai scriptures of Baba and Bahaullah.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Tell me. what is the Ijaaz of the Qayyum al Asma? At least can you give me the meaning?

What does Bahaullah refer to as akram rasool in the book of akdhas? And why? Whats the meaning?

I mean, you should know the meaning to say "nothing of meaning". These are Bahai scriptures of Baba and Bahaullah.

Nothing of meaning.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Your posts have no meaning failing to respond to original issues of the thead;

This is directly related to the topic and your bogus claim that you explore your religion independently. You dont know your theology, or other peoples theologies. So your claim is just bogus. You have no clue about your own faith but you go preaching it. Where is your so called independent study?

Tell me. I asked you since you pretended to be a master of Islam, about Wajib al wujood/ Actually I told you about it. Not ask.

So could you tell me "Why its not related to the original issues of the thread"? Can you explain? At least ask someone or just search the internet prior to saying "no meaning" without "Knowing the meaning". :)

Last edited: