• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kitab-i-Iqan was not a Direct Converse from/by G-d. Was it?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Who is Allah, what do you know of Allah, what is it you see when All praise is given ? :)

Who is the Master of the Day of Judgement? For a Baha'i that is Baha'u'llah.

Regards Tony

"Master of the Day of Judgement? For a Baha'i that is Baha'u'llah."

Sir, I have already mentioned that I am not interested in what Bahais or Bahaism people believe. They may believe anything odd or even they like to. I am mainly interested in what Bahaullah himself believed or did not-believe.
Now please quote from Iqan that Bahaullah claimed to be "Master of the Day of Judgement". Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Oneness of God"

Friend @Tony Bristow-Stagg !
ONE G-d appoints His Messengers/Prophets with a Direct Converse with them. This thread will establish if G-d had had a Direct Converse with Bahaullah in the Pre-Covenant period. So, far my Bahai friends have not highlighted any specific words of Direct Converse of G-d with Bahaullah. Kindly focus on it, please. Right, please?

Regards

As it was it will be paarsurrey.

The time is 1853 and Baha'u'llah is arrested in Niyavaran and was conducted with the greatest ignominy to Tihran and cast into the Siyah-Chal [Persia’s infamous “Black Pit”]. His imprisonment lasted for a period of no less than four months.

Siyah-Chal-entrance.jpg

The entrance to the Siyah Chal (Black Pit).

"... While engulfed in tribulations I heard a most wondrous, a most sweet voice, calling above My head. Turning My face, I beheld a Maiden—the embodiment of the remembrance of the name of My Lord—suspended in the air before Me. So rejoiced was she in her very soul that her countenance shone with the ornament of the good pleasure of God, and her cheeks glowed with the brightness of the All-Merciful. Betwixt earth and heaven she was raising a call which captivated the hearts and minds of men. She was imparting to both My inward and outer being tidings which rejoiced My soul, and the souls of God’s honoured servants.

Pointing with her finger unto My head, she addressed all who are in heaven and all who are on earth, saying: By God! This is the Best-Beloved of the worlds, and yet ye comprehend not. This is the Beauty of God amongst you, and the power of His sovereignty within you, could ye but understand. This is the Mystery of God and His Treasure, the Cause of God and His glory unto all who are in the kingdoms of Revelation and of creation, if ye be of them that perceive. This is He Whose Presence is the ardent desire of the denizens of the Realm of eternity, and of them that dwell within the Tabernacle of glory, and yet from His Beauty do ye turn aside." – Baha’u’llah, The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, pp. 5-6.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Master of the Day of Judgement? For a Baha'i that is Baha'u'llah."

Sir, I have already mentioned that I am not interested in what Bahais or Bahaism people believe. They may believe anything odd or even they like to. I am mainly interested in what Bahaullah himself believe/not-believe.
Now please quote from Iqan that Bahaullah claimed to be "Master of the Day of Judgement". Right, please?

Regards

See post above.

Regards Tony

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Thanks for the question "paarsurrey"....

The Kitab-I-Iqan was revealed in response to questions by an uncle of Siyyid Ali Muhammad the Bab while the said uncle was on pilgrimage to Karbala near Baghdad. You can read the full text of the Iqan online at

The Kitáb-i-Íqán | Bahá’í Reference Library

Shoghi Effendi wrote a foreword to his translation:

"This is one more attempt to introduce to the West, in language however inadequate, this book of unsurpassed preeminence among the writings of the Author of the Bahá’í Revelation. The hope is that it may assist others in their efforts to approach what must always be regarded as the unattainable goal—a befitting rendering of Bahá’u’lláh’s matchless utterance. "

—Shoghi

The opening paragraph and the rest of the Iqan is believed by Baha'is to be the revealed Word of God:

"No man shall attain the shores of the ocean of true understanding except he be detached from all that is in heaven and on earth. Sanctify your souls, O ye peoples of the world, that haply ye may attain that station which God hath destined for you and enter thus the tabernacle which, according to the dispensations of Providence, hath been raised in the firmament of the Bayán.

The essence of these words is this: they that tread the path of faith, they that thirst for the wine of certitude, must cleanse themselves of all that is earthly—their ears from idle talk, their minds from vain imaginings, their hearts from worldly affections, their eyes from that which perisheth. …"

At the time the Iqan was revealed Baha'u'llah was in exile in Baghdad.

Christopher Buck in his introduction to the Iqan has written:

"The Book of Certitude may be among the first texts by Baha'u'llah explicitly designated as "revelation," since the colophon at the end of the book refers to it as having been "revealed" (al-manzul [British Museum MS., BL Or. 3116, foll. 78-127] or in some MSS al-munzal [Browne's MS.]), by the "Ba' " and the "Ha' ", as Cambridge Orientalist Edward Granville Browne first pointed out (ET, 257). In Islamic thought use of such terminology is reserved for books written by prophets, and so it represents an early claim to such a theophanic status by Baha'u'llah."

Baha'u'llah's Book of Certitude and the Sun of Iqan (Certainty)
Friend @arthra !

Please read post #22 of our friend @Tony Bristow-Stagg and my post #41. Does one believe that "Bahaullah is the Master of the Day of Judgement" .
If yes, then please quote from Iqan the claim of Bahaullah in this connection. Right, please?

Regards

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Friend @arthra !

Please read post #22 of our friend @Tony Bristow-Stagg and my post #41. Does one believe that "Bahaullah is the Master of the Day of Judgement" .
If yes, then please quote from Iqan the claim of Bahaullah in this connection. Right, please?

Regards

Dear paarsurry the Bab recorded over 50,000 verses and Baha'u'llah revealed over 1000 verses an hour at times and there is over 100 Volumes of Words from God.

The entire Kitab-i-Iqan is evidence.

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's an insult to our intelligence to compare Quran, Torah and Gospels and books in between those two, to the Bahai and Ahmadi texts. There is frankly no comparison.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
There were no Baha’is during the Bab’s Ministry. The central purpose of the Bab’s Ministry was to prepare His Followers to recognise Him whom God shall make manifest. Bahá’u’lláh was widely regarded by the Babis as that Promised One.
Ah..... so the writings of the Bab were not of or from God?
Yes or No?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Source please.
Surah 97 and Surah 98.

But if you have a copy of the Bayan, please read these...?

O my followers! Surely Allah has made fighting obligatory for you. You must conquer the cities and the people for Babism and don't be at peace with those who reject Babism".
(Ref: Bayan, Arabic Chapter 1)
It is the duty of every Babi king that he should not allow any non-Babi to live n his realm. This is also binding upon the other Babis as well. The only non-Babi who could be allowed to live in the country was one who carried on some trade of benefit for other people.
(Ref: Bayan, Bab 4, Wahid 8)
The Bab began the fifth Wahid of the fifth Bab Al-Bayan as follows: "Those who do not accept the Bab and his religion, all their belongings should be snatched away from them, if that is possible: but if they accept him their property can be returned to them."
The Babi Sharia ordains that where a man was in possession of a hundred misqals of gold, he should hand over 19 misqals to the Bab and 18 disciples called the Haruful Hayi. In case these had died, the gold was to be given to their heirs. It has also been ordained that of everything the best portion was for the Bab; the middle one for disciples specially near and dear to him; and only the lowest quality was for the use of the common people.
(Ref: Bayan, Bab 16, Wahid 8)
The principle has been laid down that all Babis were pure people, while all those who failed to accept the Bab were impure and dirty, and the same principle applied to all their belongings and things connected with them. The Bab has further explained this point by saying that even if the non-Babis bathed in the sea a thousand times every day, they could not become clean and pure in body.
(Ref: Bayan, Bab 2, Wahid 6)
The Bab has directed that no follower should read any book other than Al-Bayan.
(Ref: Bayan, Wahid 4, Bab 10)
"If a Babi acquires a thing from a non-Babi, then by the transfer of the thing, it becomes lawful for him".
(Ref: Bayan, Arabic Chapter 4)
It is ordained in the Babi Shariah that any one who hurts the feelings of the Bab, or his successors after him, was to be killed; and for bringing about his death every possible means could be adopted.
(Ref: Al-Bayan, Bab 15, Wahid 6)

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes source of quote please.

Regards Tony
I quoted the source as the Surah.

Have you got a copy of the Surah?
No?
OK..... Let'sa look at the writings in the Bayan. Have you got a copy of the Bayan?

And please answer:- Were the writings of the Bab from God?

O my followers! Surely Allah has made fighting obligatory for you. You must conquer the cities and the people for Babism and don't be at peace with those who reject Babism".
(Ref: Bayan, Arabic Chapter 1)
It is the duty of every Babi king that he should not allow any non-Babi to live n his realm. This is also binding upon the other Babis as well. The only non-Babi who could be allowed to live in the country was one who carried on some trade of benefit for other people.
(Ref: Bayan, Bab 4, Wahid 8)
The Bab began the fifth Wahid of the fifth Bab Al-Bayan as follows: "Those who do not accept the Bab and his religion, all their belongings should be snatched away from them, if that is possible: but if they accept him their property can be returned to them."
The Babi Sharia ordains that where a man was in possession of a hundred misqals of gold, he should hand over 19 misqals to the Bab and 18 disciples called the Haruful Hayi. In case these had died, the gold was to be given to their heirs. It has also been ordained that of everything the best portion was for the Bab; the middle one for disciples specially near and dear to him; and only the lowest quality was for the use of the common people.
(Ref: Bayan, Bab 16, Wahid 8)
The principle has been laid down that all Babis were pure people, while all those who failed to accept the Bab were impure and dirty, and the same principle applied to all their belongings and things connected with them. The Bab has further explained this point by saying that even if the non-Babis bathed in the sea a thousand times every day, they could not become clean and pure in body.
(Ref: Bayan, Bab 2, Wahid 6)
The Bab has directed that no follower should read any book other than Al-Bayan.
(Ref: Bayan, Wahid 4, Bab 10)
"If a Babi acquires a thing from a non-Babi, then by the transfer of the thing, it becomes lawful for him".
(Ref: Bayan, Arabic Chapter 4)
It is ordained in the Babi Shariah that any one who hurts the feelings of the Bab, or his successors after him, was to be killed; and for bringing about his death every possible means could be adopted.
(Ref: Al-Bayan, Bab 15, Wahid 6)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Surah 97 and Surah 98.

But if you have a copy of the Bayan, please read these...?

I quoted the source as the Surah.

Have you got a copy of the Surah?
No?

Firstly there is no Official translation of the Bayan, so it is not possible for any one to have a copy in English.

What can be sourced from the Net is in various categories from that aimed at deceit to most likely some good translations, I did download two of the later, but they are not searchable documents. Both of them do not have references as you have posted, thus I know the source of your documents are for the deceit category.

Try this One - The Persian Bayan

There is a PDF Summary - https://bahai-library.com/pdf/m/momen_summary_persian_bayan_shorter.pdfn_summary_persian_bayan_shorter.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1zImQfDyxtms2A4Z8JzGhx

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's an insult to our intelligence to compare Quran, Torah and Gospels and books in between those two, to the Bahai and Ahmadi texts. There is frankly no comparison.

It may be an Insult to Allah and Muhammad, not to. By that way, we are acknowledging that there is no compulsion in religion and we are pursuing Truth;

4:126 For, unto God belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth; and, indeed, God encompasses everything.
41:54 Oh, verily, they are in doubt as to whether they will meet their Sustainer [on Judgment Day]! Oh, verily, He encompasses everything!
65:12 GOD is He who has created seven heavens, 18 and, like them, [the many aspects] of the earth. Through all of them flows down from on high, unceasingly, His [creative] will,19 so that you might come to know that God has the power to will anything, and that God encompasses all things with His knowledge.

Regards Tony

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Firstly there is no Official translation of the Bayan, so it is not possible for any one to have a copy in English.
Yes it is........ as your next para clearly shows....

What can be sourced from the Net is in various categories from that aimed at deceit to most likely some good translations, I did download two of the later, but they are not searchable documents. Both of them do not have references as you have posted, thus I know the source of your documents are for the deceit category.
You know nothing of the kind.
Those who offer translations of Bahai writings have often got in to trouble, including Bahais ..........

How much was, and has been, kept from Western Bahais, eh?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Try this One - The Persian Bayan

There is a PDF Summary - https://bahai-library.com/pdf/m/momen_summary_persian_bayan_shorter.pdfn_summary_persian_bayan_shorter.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1zImQfDyxtms2A4Z8JzGhx

Regards Tony
Why, 150 years after the beginning, is there no complete translation of the Bayan in the Bahai library?

And why does Bahai insist that disclosures of the Bayan are so deceitful, eh?

I do not trust Bahai.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes it is........ as your next para clearly shows....

That is not what my reply said - There are official extracts published, but the Bayan, in full, remains only in its original writings.

What I posted was translations that are not approved as official, anyone is free to try to translate, a few do as to discredit the Faith, a few do to bring out the intent of the Bayan.

Much like any Holy book, it will depend upon ones motive is, as what one chooses to post and why.

The intent of the Bayan was to awaken the world to the coming of the 'One God Would Make Manifest', it had no ill intent but for the world to embrace in Love and Unity, the Messiah they all expect, in one way or another.

That is plain an simple and I in no way wish to change how you see it, it is your journey, your heart, your path to justice. Rest assured I will always be there to help no matter what is your view, no matter what you may wish to do to any Baha'i and no matter what happens in this world, need help, we are there, in your community teaching virtues and unity.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why, 150 years after the beginning, is there no complete translation of the Bayan in the Bahai library?

And why does Bahai insist that disclosures of the Bayan are so deceitful, eh?

I do not trust Bahai.

Firstly there is 2 x Bayan - One in Persian and One in Arabic.

I see the answer is simple, the Bayan remained unfinished as it was subject to the approval of the 'Him Whom God Shall Make Manifest', who was to be Baha'u'llah. It was up to Baha'u'llah to take of the Bayan what was going to be implemented in the future and to also complete the Bayan. I have seen a Bahai post who does read Arabic an Persian say; "One thing I realized is those untranslated things belong to the Baha'is of the future. The originals are for the Universal House of Justice as well, not for us."

"If one were to list all that the Bayan has to say concerning Him Whom God Shall Make Manifest, one would, without exaggeration, have to refer to at least two thirds of the Persian and Arabic Bayans."

That is from - The Báb's Bayan

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And why does Bahai insist that disclosures of the Bayan are so deceitful, eh?I do not trust Bahai.

That is why you will find unauthorized translations, hell bent offering a different intent, that the Bayan was not in any way conveying.

It is our choice, however we wish to see it, so I am now content to know that you freely have those choices, without me thinking bad about it, but it is Just and right for me to point that obvious intent out.

A message of Love, Unity and Justice can not have hate, that is what happened to the Quran, if we are progressive we will not let that happen to what the Bab and Baha'u'llah have given us.

I see the strong part of any revealed Word of God, is a forewarning of what we will do, which is not the cause. The cause offers nothing but Love, Unity and Justice, all that requires submission. We are yet to learn true submission and many have nil desire to learn.

Regards Tony

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Kitab-i-Iqan was not a Direct Converse from/by G-d. Was it?

Tony Bristow-Stagg said:
Quote, "Every Writing by the Bab and Baha'u'llah were revealed from God, just as the Quran. The difference in this day is that the Messengers wrote a lot of it with their own hands."Unquote

Friend! I know that is one's belief, but now one has to prove it to help us understand one's belief with reason or, is it one acknowledgement that one's belief is in blindfaith, please?
The above sentence colored in magenta is one's conjecture in general which entails that the whole book of Iqan is Direct Converse of/from G-d with Bahaullah. So we need these claims from within the main text of Iqan Farsi in an unequivocal and straightforward manner that:
  1. the whole Iqan is Direct Converse of/from G-d with Bahaullah.
  2. Iqan is not authored by Bahaullah.
  3. and the natural words in the main text of Iqan demonstrate to that effect.
Right, please?

We now take verses 11-15 of Iqan :
و بعد جمال خليل کشف نقاب نمود و عَلَم هُدی مرتفع شد و اهل ارض را به نور تقی دعوت فرمود. هر چه مبالغه در نصيحت فرمود جز حسد ثمری نياورد و غير غفلت حاصلی نبخشيد إلّا الّذينَ هُم انقَطعُوا بکُلِّهِم إلی اللّه و عَرَجُوا بِجَنَاحی الإيقان إلی مَقامٍ جَعَلهُ اللّه عن الاِدراکِ مَرفوعاً. و تفصيل آن حضرت مشهور است که چه مقدار اعداء احاطه نمودند تا آنکه نار حسد و اعراض افروخته شد. و بعد از حکايت نار، آن سراج الهی را از بلد اخراج نمودند چنانچه در همه رسائل و کتب مذکور است.
و بعد زمان او منقضی شد تا نوبت به موسی رسيد و آن حضرت به عصای امر و بيضای معرفت از و بعد زمان او منقضی شد تا نوبت به موسی رسيد و آن حضرت به عصای امر و بيضای معرفت از فاران محبّت الهيّه با ثعبان قدرت و شوکت صمدانيّه از سينای نور به عرصه ظهور ظاهر شد و جميع من فی الملک را به ملکوت بقا و اثمار شجره وفا دعوت نمود.
و
شنيده شد که فرعون و ملأ او چه اعتراض ها نمودند و چه مقدار احجار ظنونات از انفس مشرکه بر آن شجره طيّبه وارد آمد. تا به حدّی که فرعون و ملأ او همّت گماشتند که آن نار سدره ربّانيّه را از ماء تکذيب و اعراض افسرده و مخمود نمايند. و غافل از اينکه نار حکمت الهيّه از آب عنصری افسرده نشود و سراج قدرت ربّانيّه از بادهای مخالف خاموشی نپذيرد. بلکه در اين مقام ماء سبب اشتعال شود و باد علّت حفظ لَو انتُم بِالبَصَرِ الحَديد تَنظُرُون وَفی رِضَی اللّهِ تَسلُکُونَ. و چه بيانی خوش فرمود مؤمن آل فرعون چنانچه حکايت او را ربّ العزّه برای حبيب خود می فرمايد: "و قَالَ رَجُلٌ مُؤمِنٌ مِن آلِ فِرعَونَ يَکتُمُ إيمَانَهُ اَتَقْتُلُونَ رَجُلاً اَن يَقُولَ رَبِّی اللّهُ وَ قَد جَاءَکُم بِالبيِّنَاتِ مِنْ رَبِّکُمْ و إن يَکُ کَاذباً فَعَلَيهِ کَذِبُهُ و إن يَکُ صَادِقاً يُصِبکُمْ بَعضُ الّذی يَعِدُکُم إنّ اللّه لا يَهْدِی مَن هُوَ مُسرِفٌ کذّابٌ.

و بالاخره امر به جائی کشيد که همين مؤمن را به نهايت عذاب شهيد نمودند. اَلا لعنةُاللّه عَلی القَوم الظّالِمينَ.
حال قدری در اين امورات تأمّل فرمائيد که چه سبب اين گونه اختلافات بوده که هر ظهور حقّی که در امکان از افق لامکان ظاهر می شد اين گونه فساد و اغتشاش و ظلم و انقلاب در اطراف عالم ظاهر
و هويدا می گشت؟ با اينکه جميع انبياء در حين ظهور خود مردم را بشارت می دادند به نبيّ بعد و علامتی از برای ظهور بعد ذکر می فرمودند چنانچه در همه کتب مسطور است. با وجود طلب و انتظار ناس به مظاهر قدسيّه و ذکر علامات در کتب، چرا بايد اين گونه امور در عالم رو دهد که جميع انبياء و اصفياء را در هر عهد و عصر اين گونه ظلم و جبر و تعدّی نمايند؟ چنانچه می فرمايد: "اَفَکُلَّما جَاءَکُم رَسُولٌ بِمَا لا تَهوی اَنفُسُکُم استَکبَرتُم فَفَريقاً کذّبتُم وفَريقاً تَقتُلُونَ."
می فرمايد هر زمان و عهد که آمد به سوی شما رسولی از جانب پروردگار به غير هوای نفس شما، تکبّر نموديد و موقن نشديد و گروهی از آن انبياء را تکذيب نموديد و گروهی را می کشتيد.
آخر تأمّل فرمائيد که سبب اين افعال چه بود که به اين قسم با طلعات جمال ذی الجلال سلوک می نمودند؟ و هر چه که در آن ازمنه سبب اعراض و اغماض آن عباد بود حال هم سبب اغفال اين عباد شده. و اگر بگوئيم حجج الهيّه کامل و تمام نبود لهذا سبب اعتراض عباد شد، اين کفری است صراح. لأجل آنکه اين به غايت از فيض فيّاض دور است و از رحمت منبسطه بعيد که نفسی را از ميان جميع عباد برگزيند برای هدايت خلق خود و به او حجّت کافيه وافيه عطا
نفرمايد و مع ذلک خلق را از عدم اقبال به او معذّب فرمايد. بلکه لم يزل جود سلطان وجود بر همه ممکنات به ظهور مظاهر نفس خود احاطه فرموده و آنی نيست که فيض او منقطع شود و يا آنکه امطار رحمت از غمام عنايت او ممنوع گردد. پس نيست اين امورات محدَثه مگر از انفس محدوده که در وادی کبر و غرور حرکت می نمايند و در صحراهای بُعد سير می نمايند و به ظنونات خود و هر چه از علمای خود شنيده‏اند همان را تأسّی می نمايند. لهذا غير از اعراض امری ندارند و جز اغماض حاصلی نخواهند. و اين معلوم است نزد هر ذی بصری که اگر اين عباد در ظهور هر يک از مظاهر شمس حقيقت چشم و گوش و قلب را از آنچه ديده و شنيده و ادراک نموده پاک و مقدّس می نمودند البتّه از جمال الهی محروم نمی ماندند و از حرم قرب و وصال مطالع قدسيّه ممنوع نمی گشتند. و چون در هر زمان حجّت را به معرفت خود که از علمای خود شنيده بودند ميزان می نمودند و به عقول ضعيفه آنها موافق نمی آمد لهذا از اين گونه امور غير مرضيّه از ايشان در عالم ظهور به ظهور می آمد.
و در همه اوقات سبب صدّ عباد و منع ايشان از شاطی بحر احديّه علمای عصر بوده‏اند که زمام آن مردم در کف کفايت ايشان بود. و ايشان هم بعضی نظر به حبّ رياست و بعضی از عدم علم و معرفت، ناس
را منع می نمودند. چنانچه همه انبياء به اذن و اجازه علمای عصر سلسبيل شهادت را نوشيدند و به اعلی افق عزّت پرواز نمودند. چه ظلم ها که از رؤسای عهد و علمای عصر بر سلاطين وجود و جواهر مقصود وارد شد. و به اين ايّام محدوده فانيه قانع شدند و از ملک لا يفنی باز ماندند چنانچه چشم را از مشاهده انوار جمال محبوب بی نصيب نمودند و گوش را از بدائع نغمات ورقاء مقصود محروم ساختند. اين است که در جميع کتب سماويّه ذکر احوال علمای هر عصر شده، چنانچه می فرمايد: "يَا اَهلَ الکِتابِ لِمَ تَکفُرُونَ بآياتِ اللّه وَ اَنتُم تَشهَدُونَ."
و همچنين می فرمايد: "يا اَهلَ الکِتابِ لِمَ تَلبِسُونَ الحَقَّ بِالباطِل وَتکتُمُونَ الحَقَّ وَاَنتُم تعلمُونَ" ۱۱ و در مقام ديگر می فرمايد: "قُل يَا اَهلَ الکِتَابِ لِمَ تَصُدُّونَ عَن سَبِيلِ اللّهِ."
و اين معلوم است که اهل کتابی که صدّ نموده‏اند مردم را از صراط مستقيم، علمای آن عهد بوده‏اند چنانچه اسم و رسم جميع در کتب مذکور است و از اکثر آيات و اخبار مستفاد می شود لَو اَنتُم بِطَرفِ اللّه تَنظُرُونَ.
مرجع كتب وآثار بهائی - کتاب ايقان٬ صفحه ١-١٥
Now its English Translation, please:
(Continued in the next post #59,please.)

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
(Continued from post #58,please.)
Now its English Translation, please:
Later, the beauty of the countenance of the Friend of God8 appeared from behind the veil, and another standard of divine guidance was hoisted. He invited the people of the earth to the light of righteousness. The more passionately He exhorted them, the fiercer waxed the envy and waywardness of the people, except those who wholly detached themselves from all save God, and ascended on the wings of certainty to the station which God hath exalted beyond the comprehension of men. It is well known what a host of enemies besieged Him, until at last the fires of envy and rebellion were kindled against Him. And after the episode of the fire came to pass, He, the lamp of God amongst men, was, as recorded in all books and chronicles, expelled from His city.
And when His day was ended, there came the turn of Moses. Armed with the rod of celestial dominion, adorned with the white hand of divine knowledge, and proceeding from the Párán of the love of God, and wielding the serpent of power and everlasting majesty, He shone forth from the Sinai of light upon the world. He summoned all the peoples and kindreds of the earth to the kingdom of eternity, and invited them to partake of the fruit of the tree of faithfulness. Surely you are aware of the fierce opposition of Pharaoh and his people, and of the stones of idle fancy which the hands of infidels cast upon that blessed Tree. So much so that Pharaoh and his people finally arose and exerted their utmost endeavor to extinguish with the waters of falsehood and denial the fire of that sacred Tree, oblivious of the truth that no earthly water can quench the flame of divine wisdom, nor mortal blasts extinguish the lamp of everlasting dominion. Nay, rather, such water cannot but intensify the burning of the flame, and such blasts cannot but ensure the preservation of the lamp, were ye to observe with the eye of discernment, and walk in the way of God’s holy will and pleasure. How well hath a believer of the kindred of Pharaoh, whose story is recounted by the All-Glorious in His Book revealed unto His beloved One, observed: “And a man of the family of Pharaoh who was a believer and concealed his faith said: ‘Will ye slay a man because he saith my Lord is God, when He hath already come to you with signs from your Lord? If he be a liar, on him will be his lie, but if he be a man of truth, part of what he threateneth will fall upon you. In truth God guideth not him who is a transgressor, a liar.’”9 Finally, so great was their iniquity that this selfsame believer was put to a shameful death. “The curse of God be upon the people of tyranny.”10
And now, ponder upon these things. What could have caused such contention and conflict? Why is it that the advent of every true Manifestation of God hath been accompanied by such strife and tumult, by such tyranny and upheaval? This notwithstanding the fact that all the Prophets of God, whenever made manifest unto the peoples of the world, have invariably foretold the coming of yet another Prophet after them, and have established such signs as would herald the advent of the future Dispensation. To this the records of all sacred books bear witness. Why then is it that despite the expectation of men in their quest of the Manifestations of Holiness, and in spite of the signs recorded in the sacred books, such acts of violence, of oppression and cruelty, should have been perpetrated in every age and cycle against all the Prophets and chosen Ones of God? Even as He hath revealed: “As oft as an Apostle cometh unto you with that which your souls desire not, ye swell with pride, accusing some of being impostors and slaying others.”11
Reflect, what could have been the motive for such deeds? What could have prompted such behavior towards the Revealers of the beauty of the All-Glorious? Whatever in days gone by hath been the cause of the denial and opposition of those people hath now led to the perversity of the people of this age. To maintain that the testimony of Providence was incomplete, that it hath therefore been the cause of the denial of the people, is but open blasphemy. How far from the grace of the All-Bountiful and from His loving providence and tender mercies it is to single out a soul from amongst all men for the guidance of His creatures, and, on one hand, to withhold from Him the full measure of His divine testimony, and, on the other, inflict severe retribution on His people for having turned away from His chosen One! Nay, the manifold bounties of the Lord of all beings have, at all times, through the Manifestations of His divine Essence, encompassed the earth and all that dwell therein. Not for a moment hath His grace been withheld, nor have the showers of His loving-kindness ceased to rain upon mankind. Consequently, such behavior can be attributed to naught save the petty-mindedness of such souls as tread the valley of arrogance and pride, are lost in the wilds of remoteness, walk in the ways of their idle fancy, and follow the dictates of the leaders of their faith. Their chief concern is mere opposition; their sole desire is to ignore the truth. Unto every discerning observer it is evident and manifest that had these people in the days of each of the Manifestations of the Sun of Truth sanctified their eyes, their ears, and their hearts from whatever they had seen, heard, and felt, they surely would not have been deprived of beholding the beauty of God, nor strayed far from the habitations of glory. But having weighed the testimony of God by the standard of their own knowledge, gleaned from the teachings of the leaders of their faith, and found it at variance with their limited understanding, they arose to perpetrate such unseemly acts.
Leaders of religion, in every age, have hindered their people from attaining the shores of eternal salvation, inasmuch as they held the reins of authority in their mighty grasp. Some for the lust of leadership, others through want of knowledge and understanding, have been the cause of the deprivation of the people. By their sanction and authority, every Prophet of God hath drunk from the chalice of sacrifice, and winged His flight unto the heights of glory. What unspeakable cruelties they that have occupied the seats of authority and learning have inflicted upon the true Monarchs of the world, those Gems of divine virtue! Content with a transitory dominion, they have deprived themselves of an everlasting sovereignty. Thus, their eyes beheld not the light of the countenance of the Well-Beloved, nor did their ears hearken unto the sweet melodies of the Bird of Desire. For this reason, in all sacred books mention hath been made of the divines of every age. Thus He saith: “O people of the Book! Why disbelieve the signs of God to which ye yourselves have been witnesses?”12 And also He saith: “O people of the Book! Why clothe ye the truth with falsehood? Why wittingly hide the truth?”13 Again, He saith: “Say, O people of the Book! Why repel believers from the way of God?”14 It is evident that by the “people of the Book,” who have repelled their fellowmen from the straight path of God, is meant none other than the divines of that age, whose names and character have been revealed in the sacred books, and alluded to in the verses and traditions recorded therein, were you to observe with the eye of God.
Baha'i Prayers & Writings App for Android, iPhone, iPad, macOS and Windows
8. Abraham. ↩
9. Qur’án 40:28. ↩
10. Qur’án 11:21. ↩
11. Qur’án 2:87. ↩
12. Qur’án 3:70. ↩
13. Qur’án 3:71. ↩
14. Qur’án 3:99. ↩
Baha'i Prayers & Writings App for Android, iPhone, iPad, macOS and Windows

Is there any natural word/s in the text of the above verses that indicates that these verses are a Direct Verse from/by G-d addressed to Bahaullah, please?
On the same lines that I have adopted for Quran in my post #281, please . Right, please?
If one is not easy with Farsi Iqan to highlight one could highlight in the English translation, no harm, please.
Anybody, please.

Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Dear paarsurry the Bab recorded over 50,000 verses and Baha'u'llah revealed over 1000 verses an hour at times and there is over 100 Volumes of Words from God.

The entire Kitab-i-Iqan is evidence.

Regards Tony
Friend! What is its use if one cannot study all that stuff even in a year's time with Convenience. Has one studied it all, please?
It only suggests that as a talkative person talks things having no substance so Bahaullah's writings have no substance in it and are not needed by the world. Right, please?

Regards

Last edited: