• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keep Safe Maui

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Thousands of people are in evacuation right now due to the fires in Maui, Hawaii, started by hurricane winds. Brush fires are starting up all over the island and a very large fire in the historic downtown area of Lahaina.

Hope everyone and their friends loved ones make it safely to shelter. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Update: Lahaina is gone. The downtown area as well as the historic district and possibly the generational banyan tree, as well as much of the downtown residential neighborhoods have burned.

Heart is aching for all effected by this.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Update, the Lahaina fire is the deadliest wildfire in over 100 years, with 93 confirmed dead and expected to rise.
Locals and tourism boards have come together to ask tourists to please postpone their vacations to Maui as displaced locals are sheltering in hotels and rentals, food and aid (mostly shipped) is in short supply. There is also one major road on both sides of the island and they're trying to keep the roads cleared for emergency services.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Watching this story makes me terribly nervous because everything, here on Vancouver Island, is bone dry and has been for months. My heart goes out to these poor people and all the human suffering. I feel for the poor animals that could not escape either.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Watching this story makes me terribly nervous because everything, here on Vancouver Island, is bone dry and has been for months. My heart goes out to these poor people and all the human suffering. I feel for the poor animals that could not escape either.
Time to give up smoking.