• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kafir Questions

Antibush5

I've just got some quick questions.
Do Muslims really believe Muhammad split the moon in two? Did he put it back together later or what?
Do Muslims believe that the earth has always existed?
So all intoxicants are banned except beneficial ones right? So is marijuana okay in Islam (especially for people suffering with arthritis)? I mean tobacco is.
Do Muslims believe the Quran has always existed? Does this mean the Ash'ari are considered orthodox? (thank you CK2) and is occasionalism a common believe in the Islamic world today? If so is it essential to Islamic theology?
Do any Mu'tazila's even exist anymore? Do they have any groups?
When did Muhammad marry Aisha and why is polygamy okay in Islam?

Union

I've just got some quick questions.
Do Muslims really believe Muhammad split the moon in two? Did he put it back together later or what?
So all intoxicants are banned except beneficial ones right? So is marijuana okay in Islam (especially for people suffering with arthritis)? I mean tobacco is.
Do Muslims believe the Quran has always existed? Does this mean the Ash'ari are considered orthodox? (thank you CK2) and is occasionalism a common believe in the Islamic world today? If so is it essential to Islamic theology?

Hi Antibush5 . You may find different answers here from different sects of Islam . I follow Qur'an-only and I may can share my answers with you from Quranic point of view .

Ans : No .
Ans : No.

Ans : All intoxicants are prohibited as long as it is taken as addiction . For medical purpose it is not .
Do Muslims believe the Quran has always existed? Does this mean the Ash'ari are considered orthodox? (thank you CK2) .
Ans : No.
and is occasionalism a common believe in the Islamic world today? If so is it essential to Islamic theology?
Ans :No.

Ans : No. So far I know.
Ans : If you are hinting towards the child marriage of Aisha , Qur'an competelyty negated it and supplied enough evidences that child marriage is unIslamic . Hence Prophet Muhammad didn't have Ayesha in marraige at her child age .
The only valid reason when polygamy is allowed for the benefit of the orphans . In no other circumstances more than one marriage is allowed .

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Union, you are making fatwas now? :D

I agree with what Union said except for two things. It's still highly debatable amongst Muslims whether moon has been splitted or will be splitted in the future. Also, it's still debatable how old was Aisha when she got married with Prophet Mohamed.

Union

Union, you are making fatwas now? :D

I agree with what Union said except for two things. It's still highly debatable amongst Muslims whether moon has been splitted or will be splitted in the future. Also, it's still debatable how old was Aisha when she got married with Prophet Mohamed.

Almighty ALLAH deserves the sole authority to give Fatwa . What I have answered is from the Qur'an , the coded Fatwa of GOD , hence no worries :D