• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW's Preach A Different Gospel

djhwoodwerks

The nature of the light on a dark path does not change but the closer a person gets to the source of the light the brighter the light gets.

Believers in Jesus are the light of the world. The closer they get to the truth that is in Jesus the brighter their light shines.

Very well put SW!!

kjw47

1Co 6:16-20 (ESVST) 17 But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. 18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

JW's, is this verse speaking to 1 group of people or 2 different groups of people?

Gods word teaches---one flock--yet describes them as two different results--one the little flock=the anointed--the great crowd are the others mentioned. All united as one( in purpose) under Jehovah and Jesus.

djhwoodwerks

Reality--Every mortal on earth that actually knows the true God--knows 100% for sure there is no place of eternal suffering--it was symbolism for this---As every new day dawns in Gods kingdom for eternity, those destroyed in the lake of fire will miss every single one of them. It was symbolism for the value of that loss. Likened to be eternal suffering.
But a God merciful, kind, with a God of Love-Justice, its an impossibility for eternal suffering to be literal.

That statement is actually just your opinion. Only God knows the hearts of men. Only God knows who are His. I know who the only true God is, I know what He has done in my life, I see Him working in my life every day, and I believe in eternal punishment. Who gave you the ability to judge a mans heart and to say whether or not he belongs to God? I follow the commandment of Jesus, not what men tell me they think I should do. I'm a slave to Jesus, not man.

kjw47

Where's the love in that?

Arent any who leave God and stand in opposition to him and his truth = to a satan? God cast him out and God is love--destined for destruction. although a mortal has the opportunity to repent, satan does not. Would a mortal that loves God support anything in opposition to God or his truth? Never.

kjw47

That statement is actually just your opinion. Only God knows the hearts of men. Only God knows who are His. I know who the only true God is, I know what He has done in my life, I see Him working in my life every day, and I believe in eternal punishment. Who gave you the ability to judge a mans heart and to say whether or not he belongs to God? I follow the commandment of Jesus, not what men tell me they think I should do. I'm a slave to Jesus, not man.

Then you must do this daily

Matt 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added.

and then you must obviously believe Jesus words at John 17:1-6,26 where he clearly teaches--the one who sent him( Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6=Jehovah, 26= Jehovah

but we all know you do not.so you are fooling yourself--and why is that--because satan transforms into an angel of light( 2Cor 11:12-15)

have you read the bible all the way through a few times---one finds 99% mislead the majority of mankinds history--Why--because satan transforms into an angel of light.

kjw47

How did he become human?

Born of a human mother.
Angels could materialize as mortal at will before the flood-- they came down and had sex with mortals--made babies called the NEPHLIM-- giants, very violent( one of the reasons God flooded the earth, to get rid of them)then the angels weren't allowed to transform as mortal at will anymore.

I don't know. I was a UPC member for 20 years and only recently had the courage to leave it. They had beliefs that seemed over simplified. I haven't found a church, yet that is perfectly sound, doctrinally. One preacher implied that I was hopeless because I didn't believe their doctrine, hook, line and sinker. Please don't argue with me to just to elevate yourself. I'm really trying to resolve something.

djhwoodwerks

Jesus didn't know that name--he worshipped and was taught-YHVH as a Hebrew--a single being God. The one he calls his God--his Father. And Jesus did make the name known and continues to make it known) John 17:6,26)

Wait a minute, you're saying Jesus didn't know His Fathers personal name? How did Jesus make Gods name known if He never uttered it? Actually, according to the beliefs of the JW's they took on a pagan name for God that was invented by a Catholic monk. Since the Catholic religion is part of Christendom and Christendom is satans organization, and a Catholic priest invented the name, what does that make the name Jehovah?

JFish123

[Q UOTE="kjw47, post: 4360611, member: 17724"]Jesus was Michael the archangel, Michael stood up for the sons of Daniel( Daniel 12:1)--The true almighty God sent Michael to the earth , born through a virgin, Mary. And was called Jesus as a mortal. And When he returns, Jesus comes with the trumpet of God( announcing his ride) and with the voice of the archangel=his voice-1Thess 4:16.[/QUOTE]
Your assuming Jesus is Michael, as no where does the Bible say he is. In fact, it says the exact opposite, that Jesus and Michael are two separate beings.

JFish123

Gods word teaches---one flock--yet describes them as two different results--one the little flock=the anointed--the great crowd are the others mentioned. All united as one( in purpose) under Jehovah and Jesus.
It is the clear testimony of Scripture that a heavenly destiny awaits ALL who believe in Jesus Christ, not just a select group of 144,000 anointed believers (Ephesians 2:19, Philippians 3:20, Colossians 3:1, Hebrews 3:1, 12:22, 2 Peter 1:10-11)
Drawing a dichotomy between those with a heavenly destiny and those with an earthly one has no warrant in scripture. ALL who believe in Christ are heirs of the heavenly Kingdom (Galatians 3:29, 4:28-31, Titus 3:7, James 2:5) the righteousness of God that leads to life in heaven is available "through faith in Jesus Christ for ALL who believe (Romans 3:21). Jesus Promised, "If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there He will be also (that is, heaven) (John 12:26). Jesus clearly affirmed that all believers will be together in "one flock" under "one shepherd" (John 10:16). There will not be two "folds" where one is on earth and the other in heaven. scripture is clear; One Fold, One Shepherd.

djhwoodwerks

Then you must do this daily

Matt 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his( Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added.

and then you must obviously believe Jesus words at John 17:1-6,26 where he clearly teaches--the one who sent him( Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD--verse 6=Jehovah, 26= Jehovah

but we all know you do not.so you are fooling yourself--and why is that--because satan transforms into an angel of light( 2Cor 11:12-15)

have you read the bible all the way through a few times---one finds 99% mislead the majority of mankinds history--Why--because satan transforms into an angel of light.

I study my Bible everyday, I seek Gods Kingdom and Gods righteousness, not jehovahs, jehovah is a pagan name invented by a Catholic priest and only adopted by the JW's because it was commonly used, and I don't believe any of the false teachings of the GB. I believe you are following a cult, a false religion, but I will never judge your heart because there is one that judges and that is between you and Him.

djhwoodwerks

No, Gods Word does not teach two groups of people, the GB teaches that. Gods Word teaches,

1Ti 2:4-6 (ESVST) . 5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, "THE MAN" Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for "ALL", which is the testimony given at the proper time.

Rom 12:3-5 (ESVST) . 4 For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, 5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. (Though "MANY" not a "LITTLE FLOCK", not a chosen "FEW", but "MANY")

The Word of God says, "He gave Himself a ransom for "ALL", not a few, not a little flock, but for "ALL". Which means He paid my ransom, which means He bought me from the world, which means I will be going to heaven!

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Arent any who leave God and stand in opposition to him and his truth = to a satan? God cast him out and God is love--destined for destruction. although a mortal has the opportunity to repent, satan does not. Would a mortal that loves God support anything in opposition to God or his truth? Never.
Show me where Jesus taught shunning. Disfellowship is not shunning. You can withdraw fellowship, and rightfully so if someone is blatantky sinning, but you are not Biblically authorized to SHUN anyone. That is an unloving action. Paul tells us to CONTINUE to admonish our brothers and sisters who are out of fellowship. You can't admonish someone you shun.

Last edited:

kjw47

Wait a minute, you're saying Jesus didn't know His Fathers personal name? How did Jesus make Gods name known if He never uttered it? Actually, according to the beliefs of the JW's they took on a pagan name for God that was invented by a Catholic monk. Since the Catholic religion is part of Christendom and Christendom is satans organization, and a Catholic priest invented the name, what does that make the name Jehovah?

Jesus didnt use the English version of YHVH. He used the Hebrew version.
Jesus promised to keep making Gods name known--And God himself has made it known--no mortal can take credit for what God and his son did. You seem to think so just because someone claims they did.

kjw47

It is the clear testimony of Scripture that a heavenly destiny awaits ALL who believe in Jesus Christ, not just a select group of 144,000 anointed believers (Ephesians 2:19, Philippians 3:20, Colossians 3:1, Hebrews 3:1, 12:22, 2 Peter 1:10-11)
Drawing a dichotomy between those with a heavenly destiny and those with an earthly one has no warrant in scripture. ALL who believe in Christ are heirs of the heavenly Kingdom (Galatians 3:29, 4:28-31, Titus 3:7, James 2:5) the righteousness of God that leads to life in heaven is available "through faith in Jesus Christ for ALL who believe (Romans 3:21). Jesus Promised, "If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there He will be also (that is, heaven) (John 12:26). Jesus clearly affirmed that all believers will be together in "one flock" under "one shepherd" (John 10:16). There will not be two "folds" where one is on earth and the other in heaven. scripture is clear; One Fold, One Shepherd.

No, its you who do not have it clear--Why do you think a new earth will be? Not a new planet--a new system of things--no more satan influences--Gods kingdom in full ruling power forever.
Rev 21:2 proves your theory wrong.

Yes all will become one with Jehovah and Jesus--but the 144,000--little flock( Luke 12:32) are promised to rule as kings and priests alongside of Jesus during his millennial reign as Gods appointed king. To judge those on earth.

Did the psalmist lie? The righteous will possess the earth and reside--FOREVER--upon it. Psalm 37: 9,11,29

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
I don't know. I was a UPC member for 20 years and only recently had the courage to leave it. They had beliefs that seemed over simplified. I haven't found a church, yet that is perfectly sound, doctrinally. One preacher implied that I was hopeless because I didn't believe their doctrine, hook, line and sinker. Please don't argue with me to just to elevate yourself. I'm really trying to resolve something.

When we searching for the truth, we have to be prepared to make sacrifices. Long held beliefs that are in error must be discarded, no matter what we have been taught regarding their importance. Start from the beginning and get a feel for the big picture.

When Jesus walked the earth, he sought out those who were disillusioned with the Jewish religious system, feeling like the weight of it was all too much. There was no love in that arrangement.
God's primary quality is love, so those who love God, also love what he loves and hates what he hates by contrast. (Amos 5:15)

What Jesus revealed to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel" is that the teachings of the Pharisees were false and was not a true reflection of the word of God. In other words, the Bible's teachings had been replaced by "the traditions of men"....things that God never taught were promoted as doctrine.

We have one guarantee in the Bible that we can count on. Since no one can fool God, it is He who determines who comes to his son by "drawing" them to the truth. (John 6:44) That means that God basically chooses who to reveal the truth to, and who to leave in ignorance. Those whom God fails to draw, cannot know the truth because God has not opened their heart. (2 Thess 2:9-12) The deluded ones will remain deluded until the end. The wake-up call occurs only when Jesus comes to judge them. Why?.....because they don't love the truth but prefer the lie.

Do the "goats" know that they are goats in the eyes of their judge? See for yourself in Matt 25:31-46.
Jesus also gave a parable of the "wheat and the weeds" to demonstrate that not all who call themselves "Christians" really are. The weeds are only identified at the time of the harvest. (Matt 13:36-43)
When these weed-like "Christians" try to defend the practice of their faith, Jesus turns his back on them, saying that he "NEVER" knew them....calling them "workers of lawlessness". (Matt 7:21-23)

So this is the situation we all find ourselves in now. Our religious choices these days are ridiculous, but not because God makes them so. The devil has provided a virtual smorgasbord of religious beliefs to tempt every 'palate'. But what we choose, and why we choose it is telling God who we are. If we accept beliefs that offend the true God, we will not even get a foot in the door of the kingdom.

So it all boils down to what we are actually looking for. Do we genuinely want to serve God?...or only ourselves?
Will we choose worship that is difficult, but suits God or only one that sits comfortably with what we want to believe?

Are we willing to look like "fools" in the eyes of the world, or do we want a faith that appears right to the masses but is based on lies? (Matt 7:13, 14) There is only one road to life. It is "cramped and narrow" because the devil is going to make as difficult as he knows how, to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ. Only those who truly want to serve God will be obedient to all his commands, no matter how they look in the eyes of the world. (John 15:18-21)

Pray to your Father in heaven, and if you are sincere in your search, God will reveal his truth to you...but be prepared to be the brunt of ridicule and hatred, especially from those who purport to worship the same God. This is what Jesus early disciples experienced and Jesus said it would continue to the end.

Check and see if they are really practicing what they preach?

Satan managed to turn the entire nation of Israel against the son of God, misleading them into believing that he was a totally fake Messiah. The propaganda was so convincing that they even cursed themselves and their children with his blood (Matt 27:25).....so what chance do Christ's true followers have in the world today? The "weeds" believe and teach that the fractured and disunited state of their churches is somehow acceptable to the one they worship, but they are fooling only themselves. They have broken the first commandment by placing another god in place of the Father. By teaching that Jesus is God, they take themselves out of contention for everlasting life. There is only one God. (Deut 6:4) He doesn't have three heads.

By teaching that God is a despotic fiend who tortures souls forever In a fiery hell, they slander him, and misrepresent him in the worst way.

By teaching that humans have an immortal soul, they perpetuate the first lie told by the devil in Eden..."you surely will not die". (Eccl 9:5, 10)

By promoting pagan festivals dressed up as Christian ones, they belie their claim to serve God in truth. True faith cannot incorporate lies. (2 Cor 6:14-18)

Do your research and come to your own conclusions.

For comparison, I invite you to check out JW.ORG for more information. Make up your own mind....but take into consideration ALL the facts. :)

I wish you all the best in your search.

kjw47

No, Gods Word does not teach two groups of people, the GB teaches that. Gods Word teaches,

1Ti 2:4-6 (ESVST) . 5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, "THE MAN" Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for "ALL", which is the testimony given at the proper time.

Rom 12:3-5 (ESVST) . 4 For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, 5 so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. (Though "MANY" not a "LITTLE FLOCK", not a chosen "FEW", but "MANY")

The Word of God says, "He gave Himself a ransom for "ALL", not a few, not a little flock, but for "ALL". Which means He paid my ransom, which means He bought me from the world, which means I will be going to heaven!

Luke 12:32= the little flock= the anointed= the bride of Christ---the great multitude is listed in Rev