• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justifying the belief in hell.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
When God's words themselves are belittled, the Creator who created this world, and you argue with him and thinking he is irrational and you know better, yes, you deserve hell for that.

Why? Has your god really got such a fragile ego? Is it that insecure, vindictive, incredibly unjust, small-minded, and petty?

Kelly of the Phoenix

When God's words themselves are belittled, the Creator who created this world, and you argue with him and thinking he is irrational and you know better, yes, you deserve hell for that.
What if God tells me scripture is wrong? Do I believe God or scripture?

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Why?
Why is god so petty and sensitive that he has to torture people who disagree with him?
Should we all follow his example? After all, he is the best, wisest, most just etc being.
Do you think that people who contradict, oppose and disbelieve Islam should be punished in this world? If not, why not? Allah thinks I deserve a terrible punishment in the afterlife, so why wouldn't you want me to suffer in this life?

KWED

In this case, if you love him, you appreciate his justice and retributive nature,
So why would you fear him if you believe he is just?

So loving him is directly linked to fearing him, because, the signs to degree they will be displayed on the day of judgment won't happen till then, and till then, there is trial of eyes of love to see God and his appointed Guides keep the higher reality from igniting the hell till the day of judgment when the promises will come about. Till then the hell is quiet and so many people think because they witness hell in this world, this is it's final state, it's not. Even dead people don't fully experience it no matter how evil they were, it's full reality, comes about on the day of judgment and forever after.
Sorry, but none of that (what I was able to understand, at least) explains why loving god means you must also fear him.
Fearing someone you love is generally the sign of an abusive relationship. Allah certainly seems to use threats of violence to try and make people like him. Classic insecure bully behaviour.

KWED

A lot of people witnessing such miracles, which God did out of his compassion and response to their prayers,
There has never been any independent evidence of any miracle. They simply don't happen.
However, we know that the brain can make you think you see things that are real, but are not. People also make **** up.

frequency-of-miracles-time-graph-camera-invented-photoshop-invented.jpg

KWED

I don't know how and when, but inshallah, let's pray it's very soon.
Wait! Are you seriously claiming that someone will grow a new arm if they really pray for it?
I'll have some of what you're taking!

KWED

I asked God for it be tomorrow, but like I said, timing is the one thing that God does not accept from his servants. We can't impose that on him. It's up to him, but he will respond. Of course a very long time is also not acceptable, so I pray very soon.
But god is supposed to be outside time, so the concept of time is meaningless here. He doesn't have any stuff to do before he can get around to growing a new arm for something. He has already done everything that ever needs doing.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If we don't follow guidance of God - and instead of follow misguidance and conjecture, the Quran says, there is consequences from turning away from the path of God and guidance and opposing his signs. The consequences is hellfire.

To me it makes sense, because goodness and evil are not alike, nor those who walk away from God and run towards vain desires and darkness can be equated to those who tread the rivers of light and path of God.
The God you believe in seems to be a petty and retributive being. Why would anyone follow him? How does he differ from any of the dictators like Kim Jong or Stalin who reward those who follow them and punishes and tortures those who disobey? Can you tell me the difference?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The God you believe in seems to be a petty and retributive being. Why would anyone follow him? How does he differ from any of the dictators like Kim Jong or Stalin who reward those who follow them and punishes and tortures those who disobey? Can you tell me the difference?

Wrath is beautiful when you get use to it. Hate is part of being human and part of the traits descended from God's oneness, and if we love the evil as much as the good, we are truly lost and deserve God's wrath.

Everything including love in the wrong place becomes a vice.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There has never been any independent evidence of any miracle. They simply don't happen.
However, we know that the brain can make you think you see things that are real, but are not. People also make **** up.

frequency-of-miracles-time-graph-camera-invented-photoshop-invented.jpg

I guarantee to those who pray and rely on God for guidance, his guidance including miracles will come to them (eventually).

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Wrath is beautiful when you get use to it. Hate is part of being human and part of the traits descended from God's oneness, and if we love the evil as much as the good, we are truly lost and deserve God's wrath.

Everything including love in the wrong place becomes a vice.
Can you answer my question?
How is the God you believe different in moral quality from a dictator like Stalin or Kim Jon who makes sweeping rules and rewards those who follow him and his rules while torturing those who disobey?
Please explain the difference.

KWED

I guarantee to those who pray and rely on God for guidance, his guidance including miracles will come to them (eventually).
No they won't, because miracles don't happen. We know this because there is not a single claimed miracle that has been shown to be true. You are making promises you can't possibly keep.

BTW, did that guy grow a new arm yet?

KWED

Can you answer my question?
How is the God you believe different in moral quality from a dictator like Stalin or Kim Jon who makes sweeping rules and rewards those who follow him and his rules while torturing those who disobey?
Please explain the difference.
As Hitchens famously said on this issue... "At least you can f#$%ing die and leave North Korea!”