• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just watch it :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The host is something of a dick.

I went into hospital for a simple day case op, gall bladder removal. The surgeon wound up severing my large intestine and slicing into my stomach. It turned into a 7 hour op requiring 3 surgeons, 10 days in intensive care and almost dying 3 times during the following 6 months. When i was readmitted to hospital for another 3 hour op and 5 days intensive care while they tried to re-correct the damage. Its still not right, there is much i can no longer do. If the guy laughed at me i think I'd have hospitalised him. I am surprised the guests did not object loudly.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Why is he laughing? Is he ill in the brain? I know some disorders can cause uncontrollable laughter. That's the only ok excuse I can think of that he'd be laughing like that. If that's not the case I hate this video he's a jerk

Nimos

Here is another one, it's really funny and not "offensive" for those that found the first one to be. :) Just turn on the English subs.

Nimos

It is real, I remember when this was a major news on local TV
Are you sure about that? If you read about it:

In de Gloria is a mockumentary in sketch show format. Every episode consists of a series of sketches that are mostly improvised around a central idea. The tone is tragicomical. Eelen based some of the spoof targets on pre-existing TV formats, including some shows of his own company, Woestijnvis. In an interview, Eelen said he was inspired by the Dutch mockumentaries of Van Kooten en De Bie and Arjan Ederveen's 30 minuten.

Wouldn't people joining it to talk about something like this, be aware of it? Personally, I get the impression that these are actors or at least aware of what the show is about.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Are you sure about that? If you read about it:

In de Gloria is a mockumentary in sketch show format. Every episode consists of a series of sketches that are mostly improvised around a central idea. The tone is tragicomical. Eelen based some of the spoof targets on pre-existing TV formats, including some shows of his own company, Woestijnvis. In an interview, Eelen said he was inspired by the Dutch mockumentaries of Van Kooten en De Bie and Arjan Ederveen's 30 minuten.

Wouldn't people joining it to talk about something like this, be aware of it? Personally, I get the impression that these are actors or at least aware of what the show is about.
I'm sure I heard about this on local TV or news, don't recall exactly, but that it is only a humor show is new to me.

Nimos

I'm sure I heard about this on local TV or news, don't recall exactly, but that it is only a humor show is new to me.
Looked a bit more into it, not sure if its true as there are no citations.

"Boemerang" (Boomerang) gained notoriety on YouTube. It features the host of a talk show, "Boemerang", breaking into fits of giggles after hearing the voice of one of his guests, who spoke in a squeaky manner due to a failed tonsillectomy, much the same as Peter Sellers in the Pink Panther dentist sketch.[6][better source needed] The video uploader who added English subtitles to the footage implied the footage was real and shortened it especially to remove all indications of it being fake.[citation needed] The full sketch shows the TV host in a supposed archive TV show (hence the title Boemerang) looking back on the infamous moment that got him fired in the past. All people in the footage are actors.[citation needed] The show's host, Erik Hartman, is played by Tom Van Dyck; his two guests Valère and Marijke are portrayed by Lucas Van den Eynde and An Miller.[citation needed]

I'm probably more in line with Ricky Gervais in regards to humour and comedy, It takes a lot for me to feel something is inappropriate. If you couldn't "offend" people or ideas there would be nothing by tits and *** jokes left, which to me are the lowest quality comedy there is.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Looked a bit more into it, not sure if its true as there are no citations.

"Boemerang" (Boomerang) gained notoriety on YouTube. It features the host of a talk show, "Boemerang", breaking into fits of giggles after hearing the voice of one of his guests, who spoke in a squeaky manner due to a failed tonsillectomy, much the same as Peter Sellers in the Pink Panther dentist sketch.[6][better source needed] The video uploader who added English subtitles to the footage implied the footage was real and shortened it especially to remove all indications of it being fake.[citation needed] The full sketch shows the TV host in a supposed archive TV show (hence the title Boemerang) looking back on the infamous moment that got him fired in the past. All people in the footage are actors.[citation needed] The show's host, Erik Hartman, is played by Tom Van Dyck; his two guests Valère and Marijke are portrayed by Lucas Van den Eynde and An Miller.[citation needed]

I'm probably more in line with Ricky Gervais in regards to humour and comedy, It takes a lot for me to feel something is inappropriate. If you couldn't "offend" people or ideas there would be nothing by tits and *** jokes left, which to me are the lowest quality comedy there is.
In any case joking about ill people isn't a funny joke, it's like making fun of the dead.

Nimos

In any case joking about ill people isn't a funny joke, it's like making fun of the dead.
It's a matter of taste, is it appropriate to make fun of Hitler? or obese people? is it appropriate to joke about races? It solely depends on how they are delivered. Because sure you can make extremely racist jokes just with the purpose of offending people, but you can also deliver them in a fun and elegant way, that will make people laugh.

I can easily laugh at a black person making fun of white people and the typical stereotype. Just as I can laugh at jokes going the other way, it completely depends on the tone and how it is delivered.

People are so easily offended today, that you get the impression that every joke has to go through several internal processing committees, evaluating every single word of the joke, before people dare to find something funny.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It looked like a mockumentary to me, and as such, difficult not to laugh. The comments on the Youtube site seem to confirm that it was such. If it was actually real I suspect the audience would have reacted rather differently.

Nimos

It looked like a mockumentary to me, and as such, difficult not to laugh. The comments on the Youtube site seem to confirm that it was such. If it was actually real I suspect the audience would have reacted rather differently.
Agree, also I think a lot of people might miss the humour in it because they are so focused on political correctness. :)

The medical issues they have is obviously there to create a situation, where it would be extremely inappropriate to laugh, and I think most people have been in such situations or at least be able to imagine it. That the guy has a very light voice is obviously what the joke revolves around, and him talking about sweet-talking girls etc. And then they switch to another person which has the exact same issue, but completely reversed so his voice is extremely deep, and you have this exchange of them switching between very light and very deep voice.

That is the fun part, the whole medical thing and the girl in the wheelchair are purely there so the viewer feels awkward for laughing, yet the host is clearly trying to control himself, but in the end, can't.

Fair enough if people can't see the fun in that and focus on what is clearly the setup rather than the fun part. Then so be it :)

Also watching it again, you can see the guy on the row behind the host all the way back is laughing as well, and there is one sitting behind the two "victims" holding his hand in front of his mouth, and based on his cheeks I would guess he is laughing as well.

Last edited: