• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just registered

Apion

Hey folks,

I've had a passion for the religious experience and self-contemplation in my earliest youth continuing into an appreciation for religious expressions across time and cultures. The religiosity of an individual is a valid aspect in the total human experience, so I disagree with some of the brighter contemporary writers who want to dismiss this natural characteristic as a lower subset of rationality and scientific thinking. Academically, I am in the process of obtaining my undergraduate degrees in Biology and Anthropology with the goal of Anthropology/Archeaological graduate work.

Quite an extensive forum, can't wait for more interaction.

A

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Hello! Welcome to the forums. I love Anthropology. It is only offered as a minor at my school. I wouldn't major it in anyway though, because I wouldn't know what job it would lead me to. A big reason why I go to school is so I'll have some money later.

Anyway, I'm glad you're here and I hope you'll stick around. :giraffe:

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Welcome. I too just recently joined (yesterday) and I believe you'll find that this forum is a comfortable place to be. It's also a great place if you think philosophically.

Apion

Hello! Welcome to the forums. I love Anthropology. It is only offered as a minor at my school. I wouldn't major it in anyway though, because I wouldn't know what job it would lead me to. A big reason why I go to school is so I'll have some money later.

Anyway, I'm glad you're here and I hope you'll stick around. :giraffe:

The money is definitely not there, but the fun and discovery brought by the job is probably what draws folks to the field.

Apion

Welcome. I too just recently joined (yesterday) and I believe you'll find that this forum is a comfortable place to be. It's also a great place if you think philosophically.

Thank you for the welcome.

I agree. Philosophy is a major part in living a worthwhile and comfortable life--learning to discern between fact and fancy and critically evaluating the world around you is a valuable skill.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
It would be cool if you made a thread on Vampirism...the link in your sig didn't really explain it all that much...

Apion

It would be cool if you made a thread on Vampirism...the link in your sig didn't really explain it all that much...

Hmm...there should be sufficient information on the website for those interested. I apologize beforehand since I wish to uphold my promise of confidentiality.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
The money is definitely not there, but the fun and discovery brought by the job is probably what draws folks to the field.

Of course I'm not just wanting tons of money. I want to enjoy my job too. I just want to have enough money so that I can travel and do fun stuff. :D So I decided to become an elementary school teacher. I think I would enjoy it and I'd have enough money for a semi-nice house, and then I'd get to travel to different places during the summers. :D

Apion

Of course I'm not just wanting tons of money. I want to enjoy my job too. I just want to have enough money so that I can travel and do fun stuff. :D So I decided to become an elementary school teacher. I think I would enjoy it and I'd have enough money for a semi-nice house, and then I'd get to travel to different places during the summers. :D

Awesome! :)

.lava

Veteran Member
Hey folks,

I've had a passion for the religious experience and self-contemplation in my earliest youth continuing into an appreciation for religious expressions across time and cultures. The religiosity of an individual is a valid aspect in the total human experience, so I disagree with some of the brighter contemporary writers who want to dismiss this natural characteristic as a lower subset of rationality and scientific thinking. Academically, I am in the process of obtaining my undergraduate degrees in Biology and Anthropology with the goal of Anthropology/Archeaological graduate work.

Quite an extensive forum, can't wait for more interaction.

A

hi :) welcome