• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just be you! Quit fronting like you are some one else. Most people can read a fake person!

I would prefer the mentally ill honest person over a "sane" succesful liar

• Yes, if he convinces me he has no desires for harming people or animals anymore

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Someone here finds my honesty on the Internet to be disturbing. At least i'm honest though!

Would you trust an honest lunatic over a dishonest successful person considered sane? A lot of our Politicians are fake "sane" and respected people.

Being real is one of the few good qualities I possess. I didn't used to be honest, and was always hiding demons that will eventually show. Time to be honest and an open book at all times.

I will quote a man who was true to himself, so have enshrined him on my wall and pray to him like Catholics pray to Canonized saints. Rest in peace Malcom! The world misses you bro!
gg.jpg

Malcolm X thought that a difference between many conservatives and liberals, is the conservatives are more honest about their inner demons.

He believed just as many of the liberals were entertaining some of the same views toward minorities, but they were simply pretending it to get minority votes and popularity.

Malcolm X was killed by his own former "friends" (the nation of Islam) two days after he made that statement. Are the two linked? He also believed in segregation.

I am a conservative yet consider Malcolm X to be a hero and martyr whether he would have liked me or not! One thing is, I would have been honest with him about any views I had that would offend him.

Thoughts?

(Don't diss Malcolm X, even though we don't see eye to eye with him. Let the one without faults cast the first stone. He had courage and was martyred for simply being true to himself. I want the courage he had to speak out and die for the beliefs I cherish. That is admirable even though we "conservatives" (whatever that means) don't agree with him.)

At least Donald Trump vomits his errors on his people. The guy just blurts and tweets them out like bodily waste into a toilet or colostomy bag. Fake people remind me of the charming, eloquent, and respected frauds and con-artists (like Ted Bundy)! Eventually the truth comes out.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Someone here finds my honesty on the Internet to be disturbing. At least i'm honest though!

Would you trust an honest lunatic over a dishonest successful person considered sane? A lot of our Politicians are fake "sane" and respected people.

Being real is one of the few good qualities I possess. I didn't used to be honest, and was always hiding demons that will eventually show. Time to be honest and an open book at all times.

I will quote a man who was true to himself, so have enshrined him on my wall and pray to him like Catholics pray to Canonized saints. Rest in peace Malcom! The world misses you bro!
View attachment 23908

Malcolm X thought that a difference between many conservatives and liberals, is the conservatives are more honest about their inner demons.

He believed just as many of the liberals were entertaining some of the same views toward minorities, but they were simply pretending it to get minority votes and popularity.

Malcolm X was killed by his own former "friends" (the nation of Islam) two days after he made that statement. Are the two linked? He also believed in segregation.

I am a conservative yet consider Malcolm X to be a hero and martyr whether he would have liked me or not! One thing is, I would have been honest with him about any views I had that would offend him.

Thoughts?

(Don't diss Malcolm X, even though we don't see eye to eye with him. Let the one without faults cast the first stone. He had courage and was martyred for simply being true to himself. I want the courage he had to speak out and die for the beliefs I cherish. That is admirable even though we "conservatives" (whatever that means) don't agree with him.)

At least Donald Trump vomits his errors on his people. The guy just blurts and tweets them out like bodily waste into a toilet or colostomy bag. Fake people remind me of the charming, eloquent, and respected frauds and con-artists (like Ted Bundy)! Eventually the truth comes out.

no thing to excess - oracle delphi

the middle of the road is a better place, or straight and narrow is the way

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

View attachment 23908

Thoughts?

I learned from experience there isn't take or real people. For example, as many you know I have seizures. My seizures control my behavior and thoughts. It makes me look off somewhere. The part of thee brain affected can make me do off ball things from spiting stupid stuff to acting (as I call it) like a monkey.

It gives an impression as if I'm hiding something from others. It's hard to tell the difference even with myself.

So, given that, I don't know if people are fake or not because mental and physical health can really jackum us up. I don't want people to need me that way so why them.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I learned from experience there isn't take or real people. For example, as many you know I have seizures. My seizures control my behavior and thoughts. It makes me look off somewhere. The part of thee brain affected can make me do off ball things from spiting stupid stuff to acting (as I call it) like a monkey.

It gives an impression as if I'm hiding something from others. It's hard to tell the difference even with myself.

So, given that, I don't know if people are fake or not because mental and physical health can really jackum us up. I don't want people to need me that way so why them.
When you are having your episodes, you are being a real person because you are genuine.

I hope that your behavior is just as real and honest when you are not having an episode or attack.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
How can one tell the two choices apart? I am not sure that the distinction is even possible in any meaningful way.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Honestly every time. It would not matter if they were success or failure, sane or mentally ill.

I have no tolerance for lies, any person i find lying to me is not a person i want to know.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When you are having your episodes, you are being a real person because you are genuine.

I hope that your behavior is just as real and honest when you are not having an episode or attack.

Thanks.

I call them stupid episodes. I used to have the ones you fall out and comfort every which a place. Now they look like anxiety attacks kinda and last about a minute. I have the little larger ones probably twice a month or so. Small ones off and on.

I see a therapist for the mental stuff. Im learning to find the good stuff in all the junk I go through. Not as bad as it was. Have more freedom to get out and stuff.

As for the behavior I adapt to it. Can't help some stuff but I'm aware not to address it when it affects other people. Learning curve.

Thanks

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

How real are you really?

I find it easier to be myself, on RF at least, since it is mostly anonymous. People here like me or not, it's not going to affect my life much.

I don't think my boss or some of my family would like the real me much. Shrug... I don't like some of them much, but in a effort to get along, I have a cordial persona for them to interact with.

I don't think people can tell fake as well as they think. Sure, there's a few folks that may rub you the wrong way but I think there's enough people that are good enough at fakery, that you'll really never know who they are.

So, the point is internet honestly with folks who can't really affect your life... Not that much of an achievement in my view.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
How real are you really?

I find it easier to be myself, on RF at least, since it is mostly anonymous. People here like me or not, it's not going to affect my life much.

I don't think my boss or some of my family would like the real me much. Shrug... I don't like some of them much, but in a effort to get along, I have a cordial persona for them to interact with.

I don't think people can tell fake as well as they think. Sure, there's a few folks that may rub you the wrong way but I think there's enough people that are good enough at fakery, that you'll really never know who they are.

So, the point is internet honestly with folks who can't really affect your life... Not that much of an achievement in my view.
In real life?

Well, i recently fell in love with a girl and told her about some of the (Curable) STD's I used to have and some of the sluts I've been with.

I told her I never owned a car, never owned a DVD player, never owned a TV, am not currently employed (Though I'm in the process of applying) and am mentally ill. I told her I assaulted someone with a weapon and used to get drunk of hand sanitizer and cough syrup. I also told her I'm a thief. But not while sober.

Needless to say, if I don't find a girl who likes me for me, then she isn't good for anything but pleasure in bed. And I won't lie for sex!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
In real life?

Well, i recently fell in love with a girl and told her about some of the (Curable) STD's I used to have and some of the sluts I've been with.

I told her I never owned a car, never owned a DVD player, never owned a TV, am not currently employed (Though I'm in the process of applying) and am mentally ill. I told her I assaulted someone with a weapon and used to get drunk of hand sanitizer and cough syrup. I also told her I'm a thief. But not while sober.

Needless to say, if I don't find a girl who likes me for me, then she isn't good for anything but pleasure in bed. And I won't lie for sex!

Good luck with that. I hope you find someone who can accept you.

Usually though, I find too much honesty is fatal for relationships. I hope you prove me wrong.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Good luck with that. I hope you find someone who can accept you.

Usually though, I find too much honesty is fatal for relationships. I hope you prove me wrong.
If I have to lie to get married or maintain a relationship then....I'll stay celibate! Besides, marriage looks extremely annoying if women chat about the things I usually hear women chatting about.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Who says i gotta bare my soul to other people to be in a relationship?

If someone wants to know me personally, i will probably see if they merit any of my most personal details.

Most people imo, have a way they gotta be that keeps them from just being themselves. So there is the public version, and the private version of myself. I dont think its dishonest to have a private self whatsoever.

Its way better than just throwing myself to the winds of people's judgment.

I dont have a huge closet of bad doings though. Minor mistakes is about all i have.

When i was ill, i would go into public places totally unkept. Totally unaware of myself. Ended up getting kicked out of a few places. Cut across a few private yards too.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If I have to lie to get married or maintain a relationship then....I'll stay celibate! Besides, marriage looks extremely annoying if women chat about the things I usually hear women chatting about.

Hopefully, you can have a totally different experience than me. Maybe you'll find someone who likes brutal honesty.

But, I have my flaws. When things go bad spouses tend to point out those flaws. While they may or may not be the cause, that's what they are honestly feeling in the moment. When things are tough, it doesn't really help having someone pointing out your flaws, even though they are being totally honest about it.

So you bite your tongue for the sake of the relationship.

I suppose it's stupid, the way most people seemed wired, but encouragement works better than the honest truth sometimes.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hopefully, you can have a totally different experience than me. Maybe you'll find someone who likes brutal honesty.

But, I have my flaws. When things go bad spouses tend to point out those flaws. While they may or may not be the cause, that's what they are honestly feeling in the moment. When things are tough, it doesn't really help having someone pointing out your flaws, even though they are being totally honest about it.

So you bite your tongue for the sake of the relationship.

I suppose it's stupid, the way most people seemed wired, but encouragement works better than the honest truth sometimes.
If she doesn't like me for me I'll stay celibate like Jesus.

Holdasown

The internet is a bad place for me. The more I read what people say about how they function, the less I respect humanity. It's also very obvious there are not happy marriages. Just people who fake to each other the best living together and making babies.