• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just a dumb thought, I have a lot of them !

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It doesn't sound to me like you've ever been in business. Or at least, if you've have, you've never seen beyond your front door.
Perhaps you might address the post instead of offering up personal snark, eh?
What's wrong with what he said? I've started several businesses, & I see no errors.
Gov't is largely the enemy.
Examples:
1) Let's say you hire a radon mitigation company to put a fan in a basement slab.
There is about $250 worth of work & materials to do the job. But it costs about $500 in government permit & inspection fees here.
2) A friend was notified by his bank that he's eligible to refinance his house with no closing costs, thanx to the new Obama plan to
pay for closing costs to help the down on his luck homeowner. But it turned out that he didn't qualify...he had one late payment.
Obama has a history of creating programs which disqualify the very people he would ostensibly help.
3) Let's say you have a commercial property which is underwater & you can't make the payments. If you work a principal reduction
with the bank, the IRS will treat the amount as ordinary income. Of course, you have to come up with the taxes, but if you had
the money to do that, you'd be making the payments. Deals fall apart & foreclosures happen because the fed applies non-GAAP
accounting rules. A principal reduction should properly be a reduction in basis.
Gov isn't here to help ordinary non-crony-connected businesses....they're here to squeeze all that they can, regardless of the effect.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
No businessman is an island.
[/QUOTE]

No one ever said anyone is an island unto themselves. But when it comes to responsibility the business owner always stands alone.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No one ever said anyone is an island unto themselves. But when it comes to responsibility the business owner always stands alone.
And this is the blatant dishonesty of the Obama gaffe.
I've heard no one, Pub, Dem, Gree, or Lib claim otherwise.
But with Obama's economic record, grasping at straw men in all he has.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Mittens wants to run on his business experience and that's how he's going to improve the economy. Creating jobs because he knows how to do it.

I don't necessarily feel business experience is a requirement that should be focused on when considering the office of the Presidency. I would rather focus on Romney's political experience as Governor of Massachusetts. That's a more relevant indicator of how well he'll perform.

Wasn't Romney near dead last in the 50 states in job creation? Given that record, why would we think anything would change in the Presidency? He's clearly not proud of his Government experience.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mittens wants to run on his business experience and that's how he's going to improve the economy. Creating jobs because he knows how to do it.

I don't necessarily feel business experience is a requirement that should be focused on when considering the office of the Presidency. I would rather focus on Romney's political experience as Governor of Massachusetts. That's a more relevant indicator of how well he'll perform.

Wasn't Romney near dead last in the 50 states in job creation? Given that record, why would we think anything would change in the Presidency? He's clearly not proud of his Government experience.
So we have 2 candidates who are dead last in job creation rankings, eh?

tytlyf

Not Religious
So we have 2 candidates who are dead last in job creation rankings, eh?
If you're referring to the Obama Presidency as his job creation record, then I'd like to fact check that claim. If so, Obama is attempting to do so in the middle of a recession. Mittens tried to do so in the middle of the Bushy 8 and still failed.

Mittens Governing record says tons more than his business experience when it comes to the country

Once his business record becomes clear, it will reinforce that he doesn't know what he's doing. Let alone the shady anti-American dealings with his money. I wouldn't expect someone gaming the system to be Presidential material. Regardless if legal or not.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member

Unless, of course, you are a bank or a car company or have great lobbyists that win you nice fat tax breaks or... or... ;)