• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just 43% of Americans Identify as Protestant

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Religions are tardy when it come to reform which is often forced upon them.

But frankly, human beings are harder on themselves than things said today in the name of religions. Our inner dialogue can be relentlessly intolerant of our own imperfections.
Most people are not brutal to themselves like religion can. Such as with Christianity, no one naturally feels so much guilt and shame for being human, but Christianity, where all our righteousness is filth compared to the righteousness of god, people can begin to be unnaturally harsh on themselves out of fear of displeasing a deity with lengthy lists of rules and laws amd punishments, things that go against who we are as humans.
And, it turns out people don't like being shamed and humiliated and made to feel bad over things that don't really matter when they are already dealing with their own stuff.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But frankly, human beings are harder on themselves than things said today in the name of religions. Our inner dialogue can be relentlessly intolerant of our own imperfections.
I'll second that since I am always on my own case. You just reminded me of the last line in a Baha'i prayer.......

O God! Refresh and gladden my spirit. Purify my heart. Illumine my powers. I lay all my affairs in Thy hand. Thou art my Guide and my Refuge. I will no longer be sorrowful and grieved; I will be a happy and joyful being. O God! I will no longer be full of anxiety, nor will I let trouble harass me. I will not dwell on the unpleasant things of life.

O God! Thou art more friend to me than I am to myself. I dedicate myself to Thee, O Lord.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Most people are not brutal to themselves like religion can.
That might be true for Christianity but it is not true for the Baha'i Faith. I am much harder on myself than my religion is on me, as the expectations I put on myself are much more rigorous than my religion expects of me. :(
Moreover, I do not think God expects of me what I expect of myself because in that case God would be very unreasonable, and I don't thing God is unreasonable. :rolleyes:

Colt

Most people are not brutal to themselves like religion can. Such as with Christianity, no one naturally feels so much guilt and shame for being human, but Christianity, where all our righteousness is filth compared to the righteousness of god, people can begin to be unnaturally harsh on themselves out of fear of displeasing a deity with lengthy lists of rules and laws amd punishments, things that go against who we are as humans.
And, it turns out people don't like being shamed and humiliated and made to feel bad over things that don't really matter when they are already dealing with their own stuff.
The reason that people feel guilty is because they are. Could be self imposed neurotic guilt, violation of evolutionary social taboos, or knowing rejection of Gods will.

Are you a real Satan worshiper?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The reason that people feel guilty is because they are. Could be self imposed neurotic guilt, violation of evolutionary social taboos, or knowing rejection of Gods will.

You really have been here long enough to know that Satanists do not worship Satan just as Christians do not worship crucifixion.

Colt

You really have been here long enough to know that Satanists do not worship Satan just as Christians do not worship crucifixion.
I didn’t ask you. And I didn’t know that Satan people are not followers/worshipers of Satan.

Christians are followers of Christ and the Father.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why? I don’t frequent the Satan area's, anyway, maybe she will speak for herself.
There is no need to do that. In fact I have a feeling that some of the Satanists may have corrected you in regards to this in the past.

Did you comment at all on the thread about Satanists leading prayers in what I think was Boston? I might have to check.

Colt

There is no need to do that. In fact I have a feeling that some of the Satanists may have corrected you in regards to this in the past.

Did you comment at all on the thread about Satanists leading prayers in what I think was Boston? I might have to check.
Wasn’t me. What were they praying to?

Colt

Of course not. Why would they be? Again, you make the error of Christians praying to a cross. I already explained this error to you.
Christians pray to God even when sitting in front of a cross. I've been asking if Satanist are preying to Satan but that's too difficult for you to answer.

Nivek001

Big difference between then and now is that people are much more educated now then they were. The poll and other posters did point out that education is the chief culprit to people losing their faith. That's a genie that cannot be put back into the bottle. So I doubt any great revivals are in the works because it's very difficult if not impossible to change an educated person's mind. Only a powerful miracle that is unmistakably from the Christian god will change minds.
More educated in what?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

The Bible makes crimes out of things no one should feel guilty for. Like consensual sex. Or enjoying worldly things while we can. "Original sin" makes us guilty just for being born. We all deserve Hell. That guilt is not natural.
And I am a Satanist, but I do not worship Satan.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I didn’t ask you.
It's a "public forum." That's how people roll on them. Say something in the public air, a member of the public can comment.
Don't like it then don't participate.

Why? I don’t frequent the Satan area's, anyway, maybe she will speak for herself.
Actually, he did call you out on participating on that other thread, you were there, if you paid attention at all there you'd know the answers to these questions.