• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jurassic World *spoilers*

EyeofOdin

On Zara's death: WOW I was blown away and kinda creeped out. The way she screamed made you think she knew she was going to die. She's grabbed by the pterosaur in the park's Main Street, fought over as any prey item by other animals, dropped into the inescapable Mosasaurus tank and tortured by other pterosaurs. In one part she seems to be flipping her lid and something she sees below; the Mosasaurus. She tries to escape the ignorant pteranodon's grip, knowing this lizard is going to eat her and it, and she ends up probably chest deep in its throat. The animal not letting go of her is in its mouth. The last we see of Zara is her arm reaching from the digestive tract, trying to get out. I'm left with her likely perspective, claws in shoulders, bleeding, broken bones, attempting frantically to crawl up the tongue, but looks up and sees the jaws close around her.

What I'm wondering is did she a) die from being crushed by the jaws or b) was she too far down the throat to be fatally crushed and suffocated in the animals digestive fluids?

A truly awesome but twisted death scene.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Saw with my kids 14 and 10 both boys and they and I thought it was a funny scene. It was not realistic for us at all. Overall for me the whole movie was a real life cartoon with cartoon violence and no plot. My kids loved the dinosaurs and dinosaur action scenes but after the movie could not give me any actor or actress's movie name.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Wait, that was her name? She was such a throwaway character that I basically forgot everything about her except her death.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
It was definitely the most violent and unexpected death in the film, and I hate it when women are murdered brutally on screen just to indicate that things are getting serious. Not a single time is she mentioned in the film after her death, it's treated with all the importance of a lampshade getting knocked over even though she was a coworker of the leads and died right in front of the kids.

That said, the sheer paleontological silliness of the whole pterosaur sequence softened the blow for me personally. It's hard to take seriously the idea of pteranodons tossing prey around like eagles, if you know anything about pteranodons. And why would all of the winged reptiles, having escaped their enclosure, make a beeline for the main park area (loud, scary, home to a giant smelly marine reptile that would happily eat them) and not the ocean (their original habitat and the source of all their food?). Answer: plot convenience.

Curious George

Veteran Member
On Zara's death: WOW I was blown away and kinda creeped out. The way she screamed made you think she knew she was going to die. She's grabbed by the pterosaur in the park's Main Street, fought over as any prey item by other animals, dropped into the inescapable Mosasaurus tank and tortured by other pterosaurs. In one part she seems to be flipping her lid and something she sees below; the Mosasaurus. She tries to escape the ignorant pteranodon's grip, knowing this lizard is going to eat her and it, and she ends up probably chest deep in its throat. The animal not letting go of her is in its mouth. The last we see of Zara is her arm reaching from the digestive tract, trying to get out. I'm left with her likely perspective, claws in shoulders, bleeding, broken bones, attempting frantically to crawl up the tongue, but looks up and sees the jaws close around her.

What I'm wondering is did she a) die from being crushed by the jaws or b) was she too far down the throat to be fatally crushed and suffocated in the animals digestive fluids?

A truly awesome but twisted death scene.

It was definitely the most violent and unexpected death in the film, and I hate it when women are murdered brutally on screen just to indicate that things are getting serious. Not a single time is she mentioned in the film after her death, it's treated with all the importance of a lampshade getting knocked over even though she was a coworker of the leads and died right in front of the kids.

That said, the sheer paleontological silliness of the whole pterosaur sequence softened the blow for me personally. It's hard to take seriously the idea of pteranodons tossing prey around like eagles, if you know anything about pteranodons. And why would all of the winged reptiles, having escaped their enclosure, make a beeline for the main park area (loud, scary, home to a giant smelly marine reptile that would happily eat them) and not the ocean (their original habitat and the source of all their food?). Answer: plot convenience.

Don't tell mom, the babysitter is dead.

Lol