• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgment Day May 21st 2011

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I believe from what I have read from prophesy that we might just be lumping 7 years of stuff into one day here.

What I have come to understand is when Jesus returns, he will appear in the heavens. This is not to be confused with the second coming but is the glorious appearing. Many people believe Christians will be spared from the tribulation period which is foretold to last seven years.

Nowhere is the Bible is the word, "rapture".

The short version is, there will be 21 terrible things happen to the earth during this seven year period. The intent is to enlighten God's chosen people to believe in Christianity.

You would have to admit if all of a sudden all these terrible things started happening you might crack open the book of Revelations to see what is foretold to happen next.

If each plague happened one right after another in the exact order it was foretold to happen, it is possible one might put some stock in the prophecy.

Anyway, after these seven years, there is another thousand years before judgement day.

So even if these crackpots who predicted all hell would break loose last Saturday where right, no one would be sent to hell today which is the only point I am trying to make.

Anyone with a minimal amount of knowledge about prophecy would realise that these folks are bat poop crazy. No one will know beforehand when this will happen.

I know this is rough, but even religious folks agree on this and where not cashing in their savings accounts.

Now we can all relax and wait for the 2012 crazies to start threads which will be just about as productive as this one was.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Anyone with a minimal amount of knowledge about prophecy would realise that these folks are bat poop crazy.
Seems to me that there is plenty of guano to go around.

I believe from what I have read from prophesy that we might just be lumping 7 years of stuff into one day here.

What I have come to understand is when Jesus returns, he will appear in the heavens. This is not to be confused with the second coming but is the glorious appearing. Many people believe Christians will be spared from the tribulation period which is foretold to last seven years.

Nowhere is the Bible is the word, "rapture".

The short version is, there will be 21 terrible things happen to the earth during this seven year period. The intent is to enlighten God's chosen people to believe in Christianity.

You would have to admit if all of a sudden all these terrible things started happening you might crack open the book of Revelations to see what is foretold to happen next.

If each plague happened one right after another in the exact order it was foretold to happen, it is possible one might put some stock in the prophecy.

Anyway, after these seven years, there is another thousand years before judgement day.

So even if these crackpots who predicted all hell would break loose last Saturday where right, no one would be sent to hell today which is the only point I am trying to make.

Anyone with a minimal amount of knowledge about prophecy would realise that these folks are bat poop crazy. No one will know beforehand when this will happen.

I know this is rough, but even religious folks agree on this and where not cashing in their savings accounts.

Now we can all relax and wait for the 2012 crazies to start threads which will be just about as productive as this one was.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I like the fact that in the article, Camping took refuge in a motel with his wife. Nothing like good sex after a failed prediction.

no-body

Well, what makes me feel we are in the end times, is the ability for news to spread around the world almost instantly, as when the bible speaks of the two witnesses' death (that was never possible before); We are starting to see every nation turn against Israel; The entire event where Gaza was raided and half was taken over actually happened recently, as the bible discusses. Every day there is a new war, or rumor of war. The world is about to reach an economic crisis as the dollar nears hyperinflation, as the bible discusses food costing a days wage. There are several things that point to the end times.

Since all predictions are basically like an I-Ching of course you see the end of the world, the end of the world will probably be coming forever. That's how most Christian cults operate.

And the thief in the night thing is preached incorrectly by churches. If you read it in context, it says he will come like a thief in the night for those who aren't watching and essentially don't care; and it says, but as for those who keep watch, they will know the season.

*A thief doesn't come unknowingly to take what's his. He takes what's not his. In the bible, if you actually read it, it says the tares (weeds) will be taken first; then the wheat.
I was intrigued and had to look this up
3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
This is pretty clear to me in interpretation, it still doesn't say anyone will know when the end comes it is saying believers will know it because they will always be expecting it. They will always be awake. Which fits in perfectly to my mystical view of the bible, so thanks.

Also just look at how actual Christians are being persecuted. You say Jesus is the only way and even "christians" will say you're an extremist! People in America are so "new thought"...I mean "politically correct", that they say you are not tolerant enough if you stand up for your moral values. In Australia, a Jesus bumper sticker puts you straight in jail, it's just ridiculous. There's so many things. The natural disasters in the weirdest- non-scientifically usual places. Just a lot of things.
:rolleyes:

christianhelp.gif

outhouse

Atheistically
Oh for the love of.....

I swear, anyone who falls for this again cannot be considered anything other than a total idiot, or clinically delusional.

Bud they come in droves to this senile old codger.

cults have a way of sucking logic and reason right out of a room

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Cults seem pretty profitable. Who wants to start one up with me?

I started one up in Grade 8 with my friends. We were forced to go to Catholic schools by our parents and were forced to take classes to learn about Catholicism. When we were being taught about Catholicism, we would challenge the teacher's statements, insisting that our cult was the One True Path and that Catholicism is a load of hokum.

Many hours were spent in the detention hall.

There was no profit in it, though my buddy Chris was a prophet. Without it, I'd be even less sane than I am now.

Wombat

Guys...I appreciate the funny side of all this...but I stopped laughing a few weeks back.
I work with Primary School aged kids (8-14yo)...and this End of the World crap has been entertaining for many and a real freak out worry for others. We try to shield kids from extreme violence in Rated games/movies....and then the freaking News comes along spewing out the most violent fantasy of all from a senile old loon- The destruction of the Planet!
Why?!
The old coot was wrong way back in 94 and yet he gets airplay again!?
And now we get a re run until October!?
Why?!....It >aint News< and it >aint suitable Entertainment< for all.
When does the Media get held accountable for promulgating this fear mongering trash on children?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yawn.

It already happened about a century and a half ago given that Judgement Day in fact refers to the time when a new God-sent Divine Messenger appears on earth and gives new teachings to humanity (so says scripture).

And nothing related is to happen around now.

Peace, :)

Bruce

I guess that means you weren't raptured and caught in the conflagration. I thought you looked a little too well done. I thought maybe yu were just standing in the sun too long, lol.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, if we keep guessing a date... we'll eventually get it right.

Not necessarily. There ae many days in between his last one and the next one. If I had to estimate it would be somewhere near 2044 but I have been wrong before. Things are moving inexorably in that direction but more slowly than I anticipated. Then history has a way of doing everything in a short time sometimes.

Muffled

Jesus in me
some good points, but what makes you believe we are in the 'end times'? What exactly are the 'end times' (like, does it constitute a time period of 100 years, 50 years etc?) and considering that Christians have been predicting that it is the end times for the last 2000 years, what makes you think it's finally here/now?

I measure everything from the comet Kohoutek which came on Dec 25, 1974. I used to think that a generation waas 28 years but now I can see that 28 is only the difference between generations and a genertion is a lifespan which is 70 year. Thus 1974 + 70 = 2044. However all that refers to is a no later than date.

Wombat

William Miller.

"Following his conversion, Miller was soon challenged by his Deist friends to justify his newfound faith. He did so by examining the Bible closely, declaring to one friend "If he would give me time, I would harmonize all these apparent contradictions to my own satisfaction, or I will be a Deist still."[7] Miller commenced with Genesis 1:1, studying each verse and not moving on until he felt the meaning was clear. In this way he became convinced firstly, that postmillennialism was unbiblical; and secondly, that the time of Christ’s Second Coming was revealed in Bible prophecy.

Miller's interpretation of the 2300 day prophecy time line and its relation to the 70 week prophecy

Beginning of the 70 Weeks: The decree of Artaxerses in the 7th year of his reign (457 BC) as recorded in Ezra marks beginning of 70 weeks. King's reigns were counted from New Year to New Year following an 'Accession Year'. The Persian New Year began in Nisan (March–April). The Jewish civil New Year began in Tishri (September–October).

Basing his belief principally on Daniel 8:14: "Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed", Miller assumed that the cleansing of the sanctuary represented the Earth's purification by fire at Christ's Second Coming. Then, using the interpretive principle of the "day-year principle", Miller, and others, interpreted a day in prophecy to read not as a 24-hour period, but rather as a calendar year. Further, Miller became convinced that the 2,300 day period started in 457 B.C. with the decree to rebuild Jerusalem by Artaxerxes I of Persia. Simple calculation then revealed that this period would end in 1844" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Miller_(preacher)

In Shiraz, Persia during the night of May 22, 1844, a twenty-four-year old merchant, Siyyid 'Ali Muhammad, declared that He was a Messenger of God sent to initiate a new age for humankind.

What hath God wrought is a phrase from the Book of Numbers (Numbers 23:23)

"What hath God wrought", a message in American Morse code sent by Samuel F. B. Morse to officially open the Baltimore-Washington telegraph line on May 24, 1844

Morse code was the birth of the technology by which we all here currently post and communicate...a technology that ended the old world and the tyrany of distance and ushered in "a new age for humankind."

What year was that? ;)