• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John the Baptist accepted Islam

outhouse

Atheistically
Why do you keep discounting the fact that Islam is a distinct religion with unique writings, culture, beliefs, structure, etc?

Reality.

They don't much care for it.

intellectual gymnastics from what I understand is a requirement, and honesty need not apply.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well, THAT'S abundantly clear from your posts! However: though it may be true for Islam (big "I" -- the distinct religion), it patently is NOT true for Christianity. Many denominations base faith upon 1) scripture, 2) tradition, 3) reason (or intellect). :cool:

What do you think the Noah's religion was, Adamism.
Basing the title name for a religion to a nation, person..etc is senseless.
Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, Baha'i ..etc

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Granted, it is pretty petty, but it is also clearly desperate. The lengths some Muslims go in their attempt to make what they, and they only, consider to be an important point.

That is what RF for,discussion
Not interested in religion then i wonder what the """" you're wasting your time form, here.

Last edited:

Jordan Kurecki

Servant of Jesus Christ
While i was reading some verses in the bible in its Arabic form i came to
one verse which doesn't give the same meaning as in the English bible.

It is Matthew 4:12 which says in English that John the baptist was captured
and Jesus then started to deliver his message to the public.

Matthew 4:12
When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee.

In Arabic form it says that John the baptist accepted Islam and not as in English
was put in prison or captured.

aslam.png

?????? ?????? - ??? ?? ????

The world
aslam1.png
means accepted Islam or became a Muslim

See the meaning for the Arabic word

I investigated the greek word in matthew 4:12 and found it to have
the meaning of surrendering which is the same meaning for Islam in Arabic.

Matthew 4:12 Now when Jesus heard that John had been taken into custody, He withdrew into Galilee;

Greek.png

Matthew 4:12 NAS - Interlinear Bible - Online Bible Study Tools

The words "into custody" was translated from the Greek word
custody.png
Paradidomi which means surrendering among other meanings

Read here What Does it Mean to Surrender All to God? | eHow

Islam Explained
He also said John_1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John the Baptist believed in Christ's death as the atonement for man's sin, which contradicts Islam.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Troll reply

With all due respect though, I wouldn't exactly say that. Assuming what the religious scriptures say are true, he believed Jesus to be the Messiah, which would have made him Christian, although he was also probably an observant Jew as well. At this point in time, the lines between Judaism and Christianity were probably a bit blurred.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Here's what's petty: the argument you're using to make your point is a fallacy.

You insist that "Islam" means "submission." That's true. "Submission" is one definition of the word "Islam." But "Islam" also has another definition: "the religion of the Muslims, a monotheistic faith regarded as revealed through Muhammad as the Prophet of Allah." IOW, it's a distinct religion, unique among other religions.

The fallacy is that you're conflating the two definitions, insisting that, since JtB "submitted" (by translating a Greek term found in a Christian document), he must be part of the distinct religion "Islam."

Why do you keep discounting the fact that Islam is a distinct religion with unique writings, culture, beliefs, structure, etc?

Yes right, such as adultery is permitted in Christianity, gay marriage, polyamory...etc

Then if John was doing all those things then how to call him Muslim

You are absolutely right. :yes:

Jordan Kurecki

Servant of Jesus Christ
What do you think the Noah's religion was, Adamism.
Basing the title name for a religion to a nation, person..etc is senseless.
Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, Baha'i ..etc
is someone who believes we are justified by faith in Christ's death on the cross, submitting to God in your opinion?

Because the bible claims that Islam is clearly not submitting to God but actually rejecting him by rejecting that Christ is the Son of God and that he died on the cross.

1Jn 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Mat_10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
Mat_10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Joh 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Islam rejects the Son of God, and therefore it rejects God the Father.

You cannot reject the son and be in obedience to God.

Therefore Islam ,as a religion, way of life, or whatever else you want to call it, is in rebellion against God.

Jordan Kurecki

Servant of Jesus Christ
That would be the same as calling Jesus a christian.

Factually however, Christianity did not exist for a long time after Jesus death ;)

what do you mean by a long time?

There were followers of Jesus gathered together in the upper room on the day of Pentecost, which was I believe 40 or 50 days after his death, then Peter went out and preached and 3,000 people accepted Christ and joined the church.

Jordan Kurecki

Servant of Jesus Christ
And the trinity a rebellion against reality.
Water is found in 3 forms, Liquid,Solid, Gas.

Geometrical forms exist in the dimensions length,width,height.

Time exists as Past,Present,and Future.

the universe exists as space,matter and time.

For you to insist that 3 things cannot be separate and distinct but also as one is rebellion against logic.

is liquid H2O not equal and yet different to Solid H20?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
That would be the same as calling Jesus a christian.

Factually however, Christianity did not exist for a long time after Jesus death ;)

I suppose you would be right. Depending on what definition of "Christianity" we are using, which is a very subjective term, given the fact that there are literally hundreds of denominations claiming their flavor of Christianity is the "true" form of Christianity. I'm assuming you are talking about organized ecclesiastical Christianity.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
He also said John_1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John the Baptist believed in Christ's death as the atonement for man's sin, which contradicts Islam.

Yes that can't be true in Islam
John was a Jew believing that the messiah is a lamb and son of God.:yes:

outhouse

Atheistically
what do you mean by a long time?

There were followers of Jesus gathered together in the upper room on the day of Pentecost, which was I believe 40 or 50 days after his death, then Peter went out and preached and 3,000 people accepted Christ and joined the church.

They were Jews at that time practicing Judaism.

jesus did not teach christianity, he was a Jew and taught Judaism.

His followers were Aramaic peasant Jews. And in reality, they probably fled back to Galilee after his death. As the gospels all portray them as cowards.

Having jesus being the only one arrested tells volumes.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Yes right, such as adultery is permitted in Christianity, gay marriage, polyamory...etc

Then if John was doing all those things then how to call him Muslim

You are absolutely right. :yes:
None of this has anything to do with your conflation of two separate definitions of the word "Islam."