• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John the Baptist accepted Islam

While i was reading some verses in the bible in its Arabic form i came to
one verse which doesn't give the same meaning as in the English bible.

It is Matthew 4:12 which says in English that John the baptist was captured
and Jesus then started to deliver his message to the public.

Matthew 4:12
When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee.

In Arabic form it says that John the baptist accepted Islam and not as in English
was put in prison or captured.

aslam.png

?????? ?????? - ??? ?? ????

The world
aslam1.png
means accepted Islam or became a Muslim

See the meaning for the Arabic word

I investigated the greek word in matthew 4:12 and found it to have
the meaning of surrendering which is the same meaning for Islam in Arabic.

Matthew 4:12 Now when Jesus heard that John had been taken into custody, He withdrew into Galilee;

Greek.png

Matthew 4:12 NAS - Interlinear Bible - Online Bible Study Tools

The words "into custody" was translated from the Greek word
custody.png
Paradidomi which means surrendering among other meanings

Read here What Does it Mean to Surrender All to God? | eHow

Islam Explained

May I pl. suggest that you go see the Bible verses in the King James Version. Why? Because the KJV is the closest English translation to the Original Greek and Hebrew. The KJV has stood the test of time for the past 400 yrs. All other translations have CORRUPTED words/verses in them.

How can you state, "It is a fact that there is NO SUCH THING AS ISLAM, nor Christianity, nor Judaism" ,and then preach the message of Christ? People who preach the message of Christ are called Christians.Christian means to be as Christ like,to walk as Christ did.Christianity derived from Judaism.Islam is a belief based partly on,or almost all of Judaism.Without Judaism there would never be any Islam or Christianity.

I noticed you also believe in hell too. A place of fire and torment or the grave?

If Christianity was derived from Judaism how come that Jesus Christ and Saint Paul completely repudiated Judaism.

Here's what the Holy Spirit gave St. Paul to write: Galatians 5:
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.
9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
10 have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

If Christianity was derived from Judaism how come that Jesus Christ and Saint Paul completely repudiated Judaism.

Here's what the Holy Spirit gave St. Paul to write: Galatians 5:
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.
9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
10 have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

They did not repudiate Judaism.What Jesus did was make it possible for all of mankind to have a chance for salvation.No longer was it necessary to be physically circumcised.No longer was it necessary to avoid certain foods that were considered unclean.No longer was the sabbath day valid.All of these things that the pharisees and sadducees were clinging on too and stressing were no longer of any concern with the new covenant God established with mankind by way of Jesus Christ.No god's followers were spiritual Jews,meaning circumcision of the heart.Now when one eats food they have to pray and this sanctifies it.They need not concern themselves with dates and times anymore.

So it was not that Judaism was being tossed aside or forgotten.It was a transformation from an old way into the new age.It began with Judaism and transformed in Christianity.It's all the holy scriptures.From Genesis to Revelation.All one.Hebrew scriptures and Greek scriptures.The bible consist of all of this together, and this is all God's inspired message, to mankind.The Hebrew scriptures ,better known as the OT explains what will happen in the future concerning the Messiah.All prophesied.The Greek scriptures,better known as the NT,shows all that was prophesied in the OT, come true.Judaism is all about the laws and the ways of the Jews.All of this has a very important place in God's word.The Jews are God's chosen ones.His personal people.

The Jews turned from God.They had other gods and committed spiritual adultery in a sense against God.This is all explained in the book of Jeremiah.God turned His attention to all of mankind.When Jesus came to earth and shed His blood to erase Adamic sin,he did not do this just for Jews.He did this for all of mankind.The Jew and the Gentile.So now all one has to do is have faith and follow God's commands.The 10 commandments are still in effect.Only certain laws have changed.

They did not repudiate Judaism.What Jesus did was make it possible for all of mankind to have a chance for salvation.No longer was it necessary to be physically circumcised.No longer was it necessary to avoid certain foods that were considered unclean.No longer was the sabbath day valid.All of these things that the pharisees and sadducees were clinging on too and stressing were no longer of any concern with the new covenant God established with mankind by way of Jesus Christ.No god's followers were spiritual Jews,meaning circumcision of the heart.Now when one eats food they have to pray and this sanctifies it.They need not concern themselves with dates and times anymore.

So it was not that Judaism was being tossed aside or forgotten.It was a transformation from an old way into the new age.It began with Judaism and transformed in Christianity.It's all the holy scriptures.From Genesis to Revelation.All one.Hebrew scriptures and Greek scriptures.The bible consist of all of this together, and this is all God's inspired message, to mankind.The Hebrew scriptures ,better known as the OT explains what will happen in the future concerning the Messiah.All prophesied.The Greek scriptures,better known as the NT,shows all that was prophesied in the OT, come true.Judaism is all about the laws and the ways of the Jews.All of this has a very important place in God's word.The Jews are God's chosen ones.His personal people.

The Jews turned from God.They had other gods and committed spiritual adultery in a sense against God.This is all explained in the book of Jeremiah.God turned His attention to all of mankind.When Jesus came to earth and shed His blood to erase Adamic sin,he did not do this just for Jews.He did this for all of mankind.The Jew and the Gentile.So now all one has to do is have faith and follow God's commands.The 10 commandments are still in effect.Only certain laws have changed.

You wrote: "The 10 commandments are still in effect.Only certain laws have changed...."

I say no, they are not. Why? Because Jesus Christ turned the Ten into TWO. Love God with all you got; Love your neighbor as you love your own self. He said if one does these two he/she has "kept" all the Laws, which include the Ten Commandments.

Btw, not even one of the Ten Commandments will ever be able to be kept totally 24/7 by any human being. The Bible says that the Law came in order to reveal sin.

Midnight Rain

In Arabic form it says that John the baptist accepted Islam and not as in English

aslam.png

The world
aslam1.png

Matthew 4:12 Now when Jesus heard that John had been taken into custody, He withdrew into Galilee;

Greek.png

custody.png

Islam Explained
The word did not have any ties to "Islam" as "Islam" didn't exist yet. Obviously in the Islamic faith they would believe that John would have accepted god and that god is the same god as they believe in now.

But the usage of a word in its archaic form and its current form doesn't lend any credibility to the claim that John was a Muslim.

You wrote: "The 10 commandments are still in effect.Only certain laws have changed...."

I say no, they are not. Why? Because Jesus Christ turned the Ten into TWO. Love God with all you got; Love your neighbor as you love your own self. He said if one does these two he/she has "kept" all the Laws, which include the Ten Commandments.

Btw, not even one of the Ten Commandments will ever be able to be kept totally 24/7 by any human being. The Bible says that the Law came in order to reveal sin.

You are incorrect brother.This can easily be proven by noticing that Adultery is still forbidden.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

Now what does the 10 commandments say about this matter?

The Ten Commandments
Exodus 20:14. 13"You shall not murder.14 "You shall not commit adultery.15"You shall not steal.

So we can clearly see that Adultery, then,was once part of the Ten Commandments, a law, and still is today, according to what it says in the NT.

The Ten Commandments are very much in effect.

Jesus never changed it to just two,"Love God with all you got; Love your neighbor as you love your own self." Jesus was pointing out that these were the most important of them all.

Matthew 22:36-40.
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus was pointing out the importance of these two commandments.Loving your God with everything you've got and before everything else, and then loving your neighbor as yourself.This is the do onto others as you would have them do onto you saying.

Last edited:

You stated,"Btw, not even one of the Ten Commandments will ever be able to be kept totally 24/7 by any human being." What you said is not a true statement.One of the 10 commandments is "though shall not kill." There are many who live, and have already died, on this earth, who never killed another human being.This renders your example null and void.

Actually,to even think that adultery, or killing, would be ok to do after everything Jesus taught is ridiculous, and makes no sense,just saying.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
May I pl. suggest that you go see the Bible verses in the King James Version. Why? Because the KJV is the closest English translation to the Original....Hebrew..

I don't know how well you know Greek. I don't know any so I cannot speak to the translation of Christian scripture. What I do know is Hebrew and, as far as your statement pertains to Hebrew, your statement is false.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN

aslam.png

The world
aslam1.png

Greek.png

custody.png

Islam Explained
Study the timeline

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
The 10 commandments are still in effect.Only certain laws have changed.
Yeah because you guys changed it to suit your theology.

The 10 commandments were given to Moses by God for the people or the Israelites in Exodus 20 and if you continue reading it to Exodus 23:33 to Exodus 24:7 where you read “the Book of the Covenant” then you will understand that the 10 and the Book of the Covenant are one piece of Law of God that cannot be separated.

IOW, the 10 will not make sense w/out the Book of Covenant and vice versa, but you/JW did separate it anyway so you can please each other.

The word did not have any ties to "Islam" as "Islam" didn't exist yet. Obviously in the Islamic faith they would believe that John would have accepted god and that god is the same god as they believe in now.

But the usage of a word in its archaic form and its current form doesn't lend any credibility to the claim that John was a Muslim.

John or anybody else is or was a Muslim if Islam means Surrendered to the Creator God.

But the huge problem is that the god of Islam and the Creator Almighty God of the Holy Bible are not the same Deity. Why? Because the Almighty God of the Holy Bible LOVES the Jews and loves the country named Israel. It was formerly called Canaan into which piece of Land the God of the Hebrews (Jews) were sent by their God Jehovah, a.k.a. Almighty-Creator God.

On the other hand, the deity of Islam HATES the Jews and hates the land called Israel. (Isn't it why every muslim in the world wants to kill Jews and wipe Israel off the world map? Isn't it why that no map available in the Middle East shows the land of Israel as Palestine? So how could they both be one and the same deity?

Another salient point: The God of the Holy Bible LOVES SINNERS and invites them to come to Him and make Him their Lord God and Savior.
On the other hand, the god of the Koran can't wait to punish them in hell-fire for eternity.! How's that for Mercy and Grace?

The above are just two points out of many such points. But the above two are quite sufficient to prove that they are not the same in spite of the belief of Muslims.

Last edited:

Midnight Rain

John or anybody else is or was a Muslim if Islam means Surrendered to the Creator God.

But the huge problem is that the god of Islam and the Creator Almighty God of the Holy Bible are not the same Deity. Why? Because the Almighty God of the Holy Bible LOVES the Jews and loves the country named Israel. It was formerly called Canaan into which piece of Land the God of the Hebrews (Jews) were sent by their God Jehovah, a.k.a. Almighty-Creator God.

On the other hand, the deity of Islam HATES the Jews and hates the land called Israel. (Isn't it why every muslim in the world wants to kill Jews and wipe Israel off the world map? Isn't it why that no map available in the Middle East shows the land of Israel as Palestine? So how could they both be one and the same deity?

Another salient point: The God of the Holy Bible LOVES SINNERS and invites them to come to Him and make Him their Lord God and Savior.
On the other hand, the god of the Koran can't wait to punish them in hell-fire for eternity.! How's that for Mercy and Grace?

The above are just two points out of many such points. But the above two are quite sufficient to prove that they are not the same in spite of the belief of Muslims.
They are the same "god" but drastically different interpretations of that god. But both are from the Jewish God. Which neither the Bible nor the Koran was established at the time of John. At the time of John they were still "Jews".

They are the same "god" but drastically different interpretations of that god. But both are from the Jewish God. Which neither the Bible nor the Koran was established at the time of John. At the time of John they were still "Jews".

The god of the Koran can never be the God of Jesus Christ--the Man. Why? Because the god of the Koran hates Jews and Jesus was a 100% Jew. The God of Jesus loves the Jews and all sinners and invites every sinner to come to Him. The god of the Koran has never invited sinners to come to him. If he has invited sinners to come to him, I like to see it in the Koran. Pl. give me the Sura.

May I pl. know why all Muslims in the world except the Ahamadiya Muslims want all Jews wiped off the world and want Israel wiped out as well.

Midnight Rain

The god of the Koran can never be the God of Jesus Christ--the Man. Why? Because the god of the Koran hates Jews and Jesus was a 100% Jew. The God of Jesus loves the Jews and all sinners and invites every sinner to come to Him. The god of the Koran has never invited sinners to come to him. If he has invited sinners to come to him, I like to see it in the Koran. Pl. give me the Sura.

May I pl. know why all Muslims in the world except the Ahamadiya Muslims want all Jews wiped off the world and want Israel wiped out as well.
The god of the Koran is literally the same god from the old Testament. That is what they believe. However they believe that god is "X" and Christians believe that god is "Y". Both stem from Judaism.

The god of the Koran is literally the same god from the old Testament. That is what they believe. However they believe that god is "X" and Christians believe that god is "Y". Both stem from Judaism.
The OT God loves the Jews. Here it is: Deut. 7: 6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers,

Midnight Rain

The OT God loves the Jews. Here it is: Deut. 7: 6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers,
It doesn't really matter. Mainly because Islam includes the Jewish covenant as part of its history. If chances were made then thats fine and I am not saying that the god of Islam and the god of Christianity are one in the same functionally but they are both derived from the same god and both sects believe that the other simply is misinterpreting god's will or worse specifically getting false information for the Devil.