• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Biden and Xi Jinping at odds

ronki23

Just check costs and figure from there.

What fascinates me about Hong Kong and Taiwan is that people are happy living there. It looks very glamorous and unlike Mainland China, people don't want to leave. But they don't want Mainland taking over even though one of them belongs to China.

Audie

Veteran Member
What fascinates me about Hong Kong and Taiwan is that people are happy living there. It looks very glamorous and unlike Mainland China, people don't want to leave. But they don't want Mainland taking over even though one of them belongs to China.
I love Hong Kong. Born there, family
there.
Its a good place for those who can afford
it, hellish for those who cannot.

ronki23

I love Hong Kong. Born there, family
there.
Its a good place for those who can afford
it, hellish for those who cannot.

Taiwan cheaper than Hong Kong?

The culture of both must be different as one is Cantonese and one is Hokkien?

Why don't you go back to Hong Kong? I'd hate to live in Singapore and Malaysia simply because of the weather : I was also told Singapore makes you work Saturdays and forces your money into a central providence fund

Audie

Veteran Member
Taiwan cheaper than Hong Kong?

The culture of both must be different as one is Cantonese and one is Hokkien?

Why don't you go back to Hong Kong? I'd hate to live in Singapore and Malaysia simply because of the weather : I was also told Singapore makes you work Saturdays and forces your money into a central providence fund
Taiwan is way cheaper.

HK is quite distinct from Taiwan for a
number of reasons, but British influence is
the main reason.

Hot humid weather is exactly what I like.

I moved here for political reasons. I could not have done so without making a sizable investment.
" Making me work ", no.

ronki23

Taiwan is way cheaper.

HK is quite distinct from Taiwan for a
number of reasons, but British influence is
the main reason.

Hot humid weather is exactly what I like.

I moved here for political reasons. I could not have done so without making a sizable investment.
" Making me work ", no.

You have to work Saturdays in Singapore? I can't stand the rain ☔ : especially if its so hot that you can't even wear waterproofs. That's also why I don't like Malaysia.

My sister has been to Taiwan with work 3x and really enjoyed it. She's only been to China and Taiwan so we don't know about Hong Kong.

Hong Kong may have a typhoon season but that is April to November; the rest of the year is dry. Unfortunately Hong Kong is returning to Communism sooner rather than later.

Audie

Veteran Member
You have to work Saturdays in Singapore? I can't stand the rain ☔ : especially if its so hot that you can't even wear waterproofs. That's also why I don't like Malaysia.

My sister has been to Taiwan with work 3x and really enjoyed it. She's only been to China and Taiwan so we don't know about Hong Kong.

Hong Kong may have a typhoon season but that is April to November; the rest of the year is dry. Unfortunately Hong Kong is returning to Communism sooner rather than later.
Not me. Who says I have to work at all?

JIMMY12345

I'd rather see Japan and South Korea

Even Hong Kong and Taiwan are worth a visit but I've already been to China before
Chinese Officials keep a lot of money (billions) in the USA off shore in case they have to flee.Being a top good communist does not mean you do not take precautions.

ronki23

Not me. Who says I have to work at all?

I'm reading conflicting sources saying Hong Kong rains in March and November even though typhoon season is April to October? Is it simply a case of luck?

I also see that Japan rains at least 2x a week all year: generally 3x a week? I want to go March / April to Japan and South Korea. Korea doesn't seem to rain as much as Japan?

When is the Taiwanese dry season?

ronki23

Chinese Officials keep a lot of money (billions) in the USA off shore in case they have to flee.Being a top good communist does not mean you do not take precautions.

Would have thought that money would be in Singapore or South Korea because Chinese people love those countries. Thailand too

Audie

Veteran Member
I'm reading conflicting sources saying Hong Kong rains in March and November even though typhoon season is April to October? Is it simply a case of luck?

I also see that Japan rains at least 2x a week all year: generally 3x a week? I want to go March / April to Japan and South Korea. Korea doesn't seem to rain as much as Japan?

When is the Taiwanese dry season?
It was dry in Taiwan when I was there
which was like August.
In December it never quit raining.

But don't ask me, Ask google

ronki23

It was dry in Taiwan when I was there
which was like August.
In December it never quit raining.

But don't ask me, Ask google

Taiwan isn't a huge deal for me but people say its much cheaper than Hong Kong. Probably more to do in Hong Kong

If HK typhoon season is April to October then why do some people say it can rain March and November? Some say HK is dry in March and November, some say it rains. No clear consensus?

Japan and South Korea are more important to me than HK/Taiwan because I've already been to China

Audie

Veteran Member
Taiwan isn't a huge deal for me but people say its much cheaper than Hong Kong. Probably more to do in Hong Kong

If HK typhoon season is April to October then why do some people say it can rain March and November? Some say HK is dry in March and November, some say it rains. No clear consensus?

Japan and South Korea are more important to me than HK/Taiwan because I've already been to China
It can rain any month. And there may not be any
typhoon during typhoon season.

Japan is very cool, interesting. So is Korea.
Or Malaysia! Vietnam.

Have fun!

ronki23

It can rain any month. And there may not be any
typhoon during typhoon season.

Japan is very cool, interesting. So is Korea.
Or Malaysia! Vietnam.

Have fun!

Have you thought about visiting India ? I find China to be dirtier than India so don't let that put you off.

If you're concerned about women's safety in India you can always go on an organised tour