• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Biden and Xi Jinping at odds

Audie

Veteran Member
Have you thought about visiting India ? I find China to be dirtier than India so don't let that put you off.

If you're concerned about women's safety in India you can always go on an organised tour
No interest in India.

If clean is your thing then Japan and Singapotr are for you,

India and NYC are not.

ronki23

No interest in India.

India and NYC are not.

You remind me of someone I knew from Malaysia: been all around South East and Far East Asia but not India . You should be more open minded :)

I spent 4 weeks in Maharashtra and 3 of those weeks in Mumbai. Next time I want to visit the Golden Temple of Amritsar and the palaces of Rajasthan and its Thar desert.

South India is cleaner than the North and more developed. You also get more English speakers in South India. But there's more to do and see in North India.

I've never been but people say Sri Lanka is amazing too. Apparently its very different to India.

I want to go to North India for Diwali and then go to South Korea and Japan for Spring.

Hong Kong and Taiwan are further down the list for me as I've already been to China. Sri Lanka is even further down my list.

Safe travels!

ronki23

No interest in India.

India and NYC are not.

China has those disgusting squat toilets and in a 4 star Beijing hotel the lid covering the pastries had those tiny maggots/larvae.

India isn't clean by any means but I found it cleaner than China. The problem in India that I did not see in China was the rabid animals: lots of stray dogs. India has a littering problem.

Apparently South India is much cleaner than North. More developed too. North India is more influential because they speak Hindi (not spoken in South) and they have the political (Delhi) and financial (Mumbai) capitals. More English speakers in South.

Bonne Voyage!

Audie

Veteran Member
China has those disgusting squat toilets and in a 4 star Beijing hotel the lid covering the pastries had those tiny maggots/larvae.

India isn't clean by any means but I found it cleaner than China. The problem in India that I did not see in China was the rabid animals: lots of stray dogs. India has a littering problem.

Apparently South India is much cleaner than North. More developed too. North India is more influential because they speak Hindi (not spoken in South) and they have the political (Delhi) and financial (Mumbai) capitals. More English speakers in South.

Bonne Voyage!
To me China is Hong Kong and Taiwan.
What China can / should be like.

Meanwhile, you " should" be open minded about
open sewer, or other dee- lights only recently
deleted from where you live. :D

I avoid the mainland. Except when it's been necessary.

I have no reason to go to third world ratlands in
S. America, Africa, S Asia..

I loke clean, and staying healthy.

ronki23

To me China is Hong Kong and Taiwan.
What China can / should be like.

Meanwhile, you " should" be open minded about
open sewer, or other dee- lights only recently
deleted from where you live. :D

I avoid the mainland. Except when it's been necessary.

I have no reason to go to third world ratlands in
S. America, Africa, S Asia..

I loke clean, and staying healthy.

Even Shanghai smelled a lot. Either its the sewage or the pollution or both. Still enjoyed China though: Beijing was great.

I live in England and it rains 3x a week here. In April and November it rains 4x a week. Doesn't rain so much in the winter months (2x a week). Thunderstorms in the summer put a dampener on your day but fortunately they're not that often (again, 2x a week). Trying to avoid the rain.

I'm of Indian heritage and have only scratched India's surface: out of the 4 weeks I was there, 3 of them were in Mumbai. I want to go for Diwali. I also want to see the Golden Temple of Amritsar and the palaces of Rajasthan

I want to go to Japan because I like manga and anime, and because in Japan technology and nature stand side-by-side. I want to go to South Korea because a lot of Chinese classmates go there, awesome food, and because of AOA, Blackpink, SNSD and Brown Eyed Girls.

I only want to go to India, Japan and South Korea. I don't want to go anywhere else except maybe a 3rd trip to USA and Canada as I have family there but its quite far down my list.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmm.

Even from a michigonarian that's gotta be
a stretch.

What does Detroit have to offer?
Compared to NYC....
- Less traffic.
- Less trash, & not as dirty.
- Cheaper housing & taxes.
- Better mid-eastern food.
- Closer to Revoltistan.
- Less severe weather.
- Fewer rats & lawyers.

Audie

Veteran Member
Even Shanghai smelled a lot. Either its the sewage or the pollution or both. Still enjoyed China though: Beijing was great.

I live in England and it rains 3x a week here. In April and November it rains 4x a week. Doesn't rain so much in the winter months (2x a week). Thunderstorms in the summer put a dampener on your day but fortunately they're not that often (again, 2x a week). Trying to avoid the rain.

I'm of Indian heritage and have only scratched India's surface: out of the 4 weeks I was there, 3 of them were in Mumbai. I want to go for Diwali. I also want to see the Golden Temple of Amritsar and the palaces of Rajasthan

I want to go to Japan because I like manga and anime, and because in Japan technology and nature stand side-by-side. I want to go to South Korea because a lot of Chinese classmates go there, awesome food, and because of AOA, Blackpink, SNSD and Brown Eyed Girls.

I only want to go to India, Japan and South Korea. I don't want to go anywhere else except maybe a 3rd trip to USA and Canada as I have family there but its quite far down my list.
I spent 3 weeks in London ( Hampstead).

July was like January in Hong Kong.
We get dramatic weather there but usually more scenic
than dangerous.

I've nothing against India just, it never interested me.

I've seen a lot of the USA and Canada, and itsuited me
very well. Also some of the nations of the caribbean.

I like the Canadian mountains. Also Alaska and a visit to
Canadas arctic ( mid winter)

Japan and Korea are very worth while.
Be sure you go to Matsushuma.

For now I am busy learning Singapore, I'm new here.

Audie

Veteran Member
Compared to NYC....
- Less traffic.
- Less trash, & not as dirty.
- Cheaper housing & taxes.
- Better mid-eastern food.
- Closer to Revoltistan.
- Less severe weather.
- Fewer rats & lawyers.
I should think rent would be cheap with all
the abandoned blogs.

I'm fine with lawyers. But you knew that.
Anyway it's ok to be jealous.

For all the drawbacks NYC is intensely interesting,
and is de facto capital of the world.

Detroit has that big pawnshop on YouTube.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I should think rent would be cheap with all
the abandoned blogs.
Abandoned buildings quickly become unusable.
It's the lack of demand that keeps prices down.
Detroit has pretty good weather...if you don't
mind winter being a little sloppy at times.
I'm fine with lawyers.
As long as they're on a leash.
For all the drawbacks NYC is intensely interesting,
and is de facto capital of the world.
New Yorkers seem to think so.
My daughter just moved out of it.
Detroit has that big pawnshop on YouTube.
I've never seen it.

ronki23

I spent 3 weeks in London ( Hampstead).

July was like January in Hong Kong.
We get dramatic weather there but usually more scenic
than dangerous.

I've nothing against India just, it never interested me.

I've seen a lot of the USA and Canada, and itsuited me
very well. Also some of the nations of the caribbean.

I like the Canadian mountains. Also Alaska and a visit to
Canadas arctic ( mid winter)

Japan and Korea are very worth while.
Be sure you go to Matsushuma.

For now I am busy learning Singapore, I'm new here.

Hong Kong and Taiwan for me are above USA/Canada but below India when it comes to places I want to see. Japan and South Korea are top of my list

Audie

Veteran Member
Abandoned buildings quickly become unusable.
It's the lack of demand that keeps prices down.
Detroit has pretty good weather...if you don't
mind winter being a little sloppy at times.

As long as they're on a leash.

New Yorkers seem to think so.
My daughter just moved out of it.

I've never seen it.

ronki23

@Audie

I also prefer Indian food to Chinese and Japanese. Still like Chinese and Korean food though: I haven't had authentic Korean before.

50% of Indians do not eat meat and 30% do not eat eggs so you have a big variety of tasty vegetarian food. As India has the largest Hindu population in the world and 3rd largest Muslim population in the world, you will not find beef or pork easily. The seafood is some of the best I've tried.

The food in Sri Lanka is meant to be amazing but that's not reason enough for me to visit there.

Audie

Veteran Member
@Audie

I also prefer Indian food to Chinese and Japanese. Still like Chinese and Korean food though: I haven't had authentic Korean before.

50% of Indians do not eat meat and 30% do not eat eggs so you have a big variety of tasty vegetarian food. As India has the largest Hindu population in the world and 3rd largest Muslim population in the world, you will not find beef or pork easily. The seafood is some of the best I've tried.

The food in Sri Lanka is meant to be amazing but that's not reason enough for me to visit there.
Can't do better than in HK or S'pore.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
NYC makes Detroit look like paradise.
I don't know why @Wu Wei loves it so.

BORING!!!!

giphy.gif