• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe saying a few words won't cause that to be true but when Jesus does act through a Christian He should get the credit and the glory.

so a christian isn't responsible for the negative things he does because it's jesus working through him?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Joh 5:41 I receive not glory from men.
Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing: it is my Father that glorifieth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God;

god glorifies everything that follows it with an open door belief.

Psalm 24:7-8
Lift up your heads, O gates, And be lifted up, O ancient doors, That the King of glory may come in! Who is the King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, The LORD mighty in battle.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That's not what he said, dude. Read it again.
he said that when jesus acts through a christian that they should glorify Jesus. jesus is a personality that came into existence supposedly around 2000 years +/-. do you suppose Jesus manipulates people like a puppet master? isn't that what satan does too? why isn't it that Jesus doesn't manipulate satan; if he can manipulate christians? humans? does Jesus only love humans, or enjoy manipulating humans?

prior to that Jesus didn't exist. just like you and I. God doesn't play favorites even though some humans do. Isaiah 66 without question. anyone who does the will of god should be commended.

Gospel of Thomas
18. The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us, how will our end come?" Jesus said, "Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is.
Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

prior to this personality, we all existed as something else, that Spirit before it moves upon the waters to be reformed... If we wake up we become that city on the hill of light

Gospel of Thomas
15. Jesus said, "When you see one who was not born of woman, fall on your faces and worship. That one is your Father."

like the grass, we come and go. like the vessel the potter created, he can create another from the same material. but jesus is not that creator of ALL. he was sent like a servant. a servant does what the master sends him to do.

“I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God.” - Rumi

Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

God so loved the world, he didn't love Jesus more than some other. abraham was called a friend of God. a friend is closer than a brother, a son..

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It is God who glorified Jesus, nothing we do or don't do can change that.

romans 5:2
2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace n which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

having faith/belief in a witness doesn't require the glorification to the witness. the glory of God is love from God the Father and that isn't exclusive to a person. God so loved the world and all are sent but not all are awakened to their origin.

Tmac

Joh 5:41 I receive not glory from men.
Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing: it is my Father that glorifieth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God;

Amen, I got chills reading those words.
Wonder if that is followed by those who are anti abortion and insist a woman follow through with the birth.

Good question, I try to remind everyone that all those pretty babies are going to grow up, everybody was once one of them.

tonemonkey

If Christians give Jesus the glory, then is Jesus responsible for a christian's actions?
In a word: nope.

We are responsible for our own actions and the consequences of those actions. The Apostle Paul dealt with this in his letters to the churches. There were those who said, "If I sin that emphasizes the holiness of God. Therefore, we can sin because it highlights God's holiness!" Paul squashed that argument flat.

If a Christian sins we can't blame it on Jesus - giving glory or not.