• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was a sausage roll...

Laika

Premium Member
Greggs bakery has been forced to apologise for its first ever advent calendar depicting a sausage roll as jesus in a manger surrounded by three wise men as part of a nativity scene. This has sparked outrage from Christian groups.

3500.jpg

Are you offended by the messiah being depicted as a pastry? Or would you have preferred
PROMObaconbaby_gailcarriger.jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
"...Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven" (Matthew 12:32) In other words the plaintiffs are ignorant about Jesus own commentary. Jesus is a sausage, and I am forgiven for saying it by Jesus if by nobody else.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Greggs bakery has been forced to apologise for its first ever advent calendar depicting a sausage roll as jesus in a manger surrounded by three wise men as part of a nativity scene. This has sparked outrage from Christian groups.

Are you offended by the messiah being depicted as a pastry? Or would you have preferred

As a Christian I am not offended. Matter of fact, I like the advertisement, and would use it myself if I owned a bakery/deli. "That must be one heck of a sausage roll!" Is my first thought when I see this picture. Maybe I am biased because I like food though. :p

This is the age of the snowflake. Everyone is so fragile it's pathetic. People need to thicken their skin and grow up! This is regardless of political leaning mind you. Everyone conservative, liberal, and anything in between. Too many snowflakes!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

3500.jpg

PROMObaconbaby_gailcarriger.jpg
It was in an advertisement for the advent calendar. I'd have problems with an advent calendar with a sausage roll - it'd be pretty nasty after sitting in the calendar for a month.

I'm just glad nobody's going after this advent calendar yet:

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/drinks-by-the-dram/whisky-advent-calendar/

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
My problem with it is that it is not very clever or meaningful.
So all a bit pointless.

And now a waste of money as they have withdrawn it.
With over 1400 bakers shops? There is going to be a good few pallettes of waste to get rid of.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
About the only offense I feel from it is aesthetic - I find the image very tacky. I can understand some finding it more than simply tacky.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
You would think that the largest high street bakery group in the Uk, would not get it so wrong.
But they are being talked about, so it will do them no harm in in the long run.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
If he's the bread of life I suppose he can be a sausage roll.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I'm not really sure Jesus literally meant to eat him!:eek:

And now I'm hungry is that blasphemous?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Has there been any calls or decrees for them to be beheaded?

This post reminds me of the time I replaced my sister- in- laws baby Jesus in the Nativity scene she had set up around Christmas with a ransom note, I figured it wasn't any family heirloom so she might think it was funny- I was wrong.