• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus - Son of Adam?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Yeshua or yehoshua?

Yeshua doesn't necessarily imply yehoshua. (Yeshua[Aramaic Bible

What you presented, is a theory.
Greek - Ἰησοῦς, οῦ, ὁ
Transliteration - Iésous
Definition - Jesus or Joshua
Usage: Jesus; the Greek form of Joshua

Hebrew - יְהוֹשׁוּעַ
Transliteration - Yehoshua
Word Origin - from YHVH (Hebrew - יְהוָֹה) and yasha (Hebrew - יָשַׁע - yasha - to deliver)
Meaning - Jehovah (Yahweh) is Salvation

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Greek - Ἰησοῦς, οῦ, ὁ
Transliteration - Iésous
Definition - Jesus or Joshua
Usage: Jesus; the Greek form of Joshua

Hebrew - יְהוֹשׁוּעַ
Transliteration - Yehoshua
Word Origin - from YHVH (Hebrew - יְהוָֹה) and yasha (Hebrew - יָשַׁע - yasha - to deliver)
Meaning - Jehovah (Yahweh) is Salvation
Matthew 1:21
[Jesus, for he shall save his people.

So, Jesus is named Yehoshua, because he, Jesus, who is yhvh, shall save his people.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I created this thread in response to something @LightofTruth said, which I don't fully understand the point being made, but hope to get clarity on.
According to the scriptures, Jesus Christ, is the son of God - not born from any seed of man.
Because Jesus existed in heaven before, his life could be transferred to the womb of the Jewish virgin, Mary, to grow to a child, and be born to grow as a man, on earth.
Since Jesus was not born from imperfect seed, like all mankind born through Adam, he did not inherit the defect passed on by Adam to all mankind (Romans 5:12). Thus Jesus was sinless (2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), not subject to imperfections Adam's offspring bear.

Did I leave out anything? Can't seem to think of anything, other than... Jesus is the second Adam (1 Corinthians 15:45), because as a perfect man, like Adam, he "brings forth" sons, for everlasting life, releasing them from sin and death. (Colossians 1:21, 22)
AND.....the lineage is traced back to Adam
in one of the gospels

nPeace

Veteran Member
[Jesus, for he shall save his people.

So, Jesus is named Yehoshua, because he, Jesus, who is yhvh, shall save his people.
According to Matthew 1:21, angel Gabriel told Joseph, "She will give birth to a son, and you must call his name Jesus [Latin form of the Greek I·e·sousʹ], for he will save his people from their sins."

Gabriel also said to Mary, “Have no fear, Mary, for you have found favor with God; and, look! you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus. This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah (YHVH) God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom.” (Luke 1:30-33)

Jesus himself said, “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth...” (Matthew 28:18

The apostle Paul confirms this...
(1 Corinthians 15:25-28)
25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

So, Jesus, who is the son of YHVH, has become God's means of salvation, or God's means of saving / delivering.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
According to Matthew 1:21, angel Gabriel told Joseph, "She will give birth to a son, and you must call his name Jesus [Latin form of the Greek I·e·sousʹ], for he will save his people from their sins."

Gabriel also said to Mary, “Have no fear, Mary, for you have found favor with God; and, look! you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus. This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah (YHVH) God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom.” (Luke 1:30-33)

Jesus himself said, “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth...” (Matthew 28:18

The apostle Paul confirms this...
(1 Corinthians 15:25-28)
25 For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing. 27For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

So, Jesus, who is the son of YHVH, has become God's means of salvation, or God's means of saving / delivering.
So, how does that work with

[JESUS, for he shall his people,

If his name means YHVH is salvation,

And jesus isn't JHVH?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
In which of the scriptures did Gabriel, Jesus or Paul say Jesus is Jehovah (YHVH)?
That wasn't the question, nor is it necessarily relevant, if Yeshuahs name literally means YHWH.

Which, Matthew 1:21

Would indicate.

You wrote, Jesus's name is Yehoshua, thusly that must be taken into context, for Matthew 1:21

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
That wasn't the question, nor is it necessarily relevant, if Yeshuahs name literally means YHWH.

Which, Matthew 1:21

Would indicate.

You wrote, Jesus's name is Yehoshua, thusly that must be taken into context, for Matthew 1:21
Where did you read that Yeshuahs name literally means YHWH?

nPeace

Veteran Member
nay....

Adam was not the first to walk this earth

he was the first to walk with God
I suppose you got that from somewhere other than the Bible, but I only go with what the Bible says, and I did not see anywhere where it said chosen. I did read that Adam was a son of God, and created by God... in the Bible.
Which book are you using?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Where did you read that Yeshuahs name literally means YHWH?
I didn't say that Jesus's name is Yehoshua, at all, you did.

Thusly, going with that,

[ JESUS , for He shall save his people.

That means, He, JESUS, would be YHVH, because He is the one saving his people[salvation

nPeace

Veteran Member
I didn't say that Jesus's name is Yehoshua, at all, you did.

Thusly, going with that,

[ JESUS , for He shall save his people.

That means, He, JESUS, would be YHVH, because He is the one saving his people[salvation
Evidently you are misunderstanding.
Please read post #138, and post #141 again... carefully, please.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I suppose you got that from somewhere other than the Bible, but I only go with what the Bible says, and I did not see anywhere where it said chosen. I did read that Adam was a son of God, and created by God... in the Bible.
Which book are you using?
go back to Genesis....

Man was created...Day Six

no names.....no garden
no law
no tree of life or knowledge
Man as species

one directive....
go forth, be fruitful and multiply
dominate all things

Day Seven.....rest
and nothing more will be created

Then Chapter Two
which is NOT a retelling of Chapter One

nPeace

Veteran Member
go back to Genesis....

Man was created...Day Six

no names.....no garden
no law
no tree of life or knowledge
Man as species

one directive....
go forth, be fruitful and multiply
dominate all things

Day Seven.....rest
and nothing more will be created

Then Chapter Two
which is NOT a retelling of Chapter One
Chapter 2:4 says it is a history, or account. I go by that.